• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Keeping Lokonga makes financial sense. With Jorginho going would be waste selling him on the cheap only to replace with more expensive player

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t help but like Sambi, he’s got talent and was done dirty by the Amazon clip with Eddie.

If he keeps on performing for Luton, he’s a viable option to replace Jorginho/ElNeny in the squad.

ragnarock

If he’s been as good as everyone says he’d be perfect to keep in the squad. We’re potentially loosing 3 cm’s in the summer, you can’t buy 3 squad players for the same position in one window..
Also save the money for other areas

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If he’s been as good as everyone says he’d be perfect to keep in the squad. We’re potentially loosing 3 cm’s in the summer, you can’t buy 3 squad players for the same position in one window..
Also save the money for other areas

We don't need 3. We play with one 6 and have 4 of them, two of them probably leave (Elneny and Partey). They just need someone to replace Partey who could also function as an 8. No point keeping Lokonga to be 3rd choice 6. He needs to play every week.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I thought he was really good against Man Utd.

No area of his game is exceptional but he's doing the basics to a high standard. Really good stuff from him.

Hopefully he earns himself a decent move in the summer off the back of his loan spell at Luton, he can do better than them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We don't need 3. We play with one 6 and have 4 of them, two of them probably leave (Elneny and Partey). They just need someone to replace Partey who could also function as an 8. No point keeping Lokonga to be 3rd choice 6. He needs to play every week.
You not gonna get much money for Lokonga and Partey will either stay to see out his last year or get paid off to leave. Something tells me he will stay due to ffp

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can’t help but like Sambi, he’s got talent and was done dirty by the Amazon clip with Eddie.

If he keeps on performing for Luton, he’s a viable option to replace Jorginho/ElNeny in the squad.

I've always liked Sambi and felt he had a lot to offer, but I won't deny he always seemed like he was hiding when he played for us.

After this Klopp thumbs up, we just have to sell him.

He won't get enough game time here, he has Havertz, Rice and whoever else we bring in during the summer.

I think Jorginho gets extended, much to my unhappiness. Arteta values experience a lot.

Two of ESR, Vieira and Sambi are definetly on the way out. Don't know who, but someone will jump the queue in the pecking order.

Even then, have any of them done enough to convince Arteta into not going to the transfer market to get another midfielder?

El Duderino

If elneny and partey (and possibly even jorginho) are leaving, then it's better we can just keep him. I think Arteta still likes him.

Arteta likes experience, I think Jorginho gets extended.

No lie, that Klopp but just added another 5m to Sambis price. We might just break even for what we paid Anderlech.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Seems a likeable guy with good physical and technical attributes, looks kinda lazy to me but tbh I haven't seen tons of him this season. Hopefully he can get a kick up his arse because we could use a guy like him in midfield instead of shelling out for an Onana or whatever.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You not gonna get much money for Lokonga and Partey will either stay to see out his last year or get paid off to leave. Something tells me he will stay due to ffp

Sambi has been here for 3 years so his book value isn't that much. Anything over £7m will be a profit. Selling him for a profit is better for FFP than having him sit around with his contract running down.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've always liked Sambi and felt he had a lot to offer, but I won't deny he always seemed like he was hiding when he played for us.

After this Klopp thumbs up, we just have to sell him.

He won't get enough game time here, he has Havertz, Rice and whoever else we bring in during the summer.

I think Jorginho gets extended, much to my unhappiness. Arteta values experience a lot.

Two of ESR, Vieira and Sambi are definetly on the way out. Don't know who, but someone will jump the queue in the pecking order.

Even then, have any of them done enough to convince Arteta into not going to the transfer market to get another midfielder?

Yeah, Sambi is a talent. I think his problem is we switched to a 433 soon after he came in. Hes not mature enough yet to play the lone 6, and doesn’t offer enough going forward to play the 8. He’s a double pivot player currently.

I’d be happy to have him as the “4th choice” midfielder, basically in the ElNeny/Jorginho role.

There are big question marks around the midfield in general, ESR/Partey/Jorginho/ElNeny/Sambi could all be off so it will be interesting to see what happens.

El Duderino

Yeah, Sambi is a talent. I think his problem is we switched to a 433 soon after he came in. Hes not mature enough yet to play the lone 6, and doesn’t offer enough going forward to play the 8. He’s a double pivot player currently.

I’d be happy to have him as the “4th choice” midfielder, basically in the ElNeny/Jorginho role.

There are big question marks around the midfield in general, ESR/Partey/Jorginho/ElNeny/Sambi could all be off so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I just think renewing him is just a sunk cost right now.

We have literally just brought him back from the clutches of the being loaned until he left for free monster.

If it were possible, I'd just bring in two midfielders of different profiles (a guy to start and a more experienced, cheaper option) and loan Vieira for 6 months.

Menard

Yep agree with this. He's been very impressive when I've seen him this year, but being good in a totally different system for Luton is very different to playing in our midfield. Not to mention the guy is less than a year younger than Rice. He's not some 20 year old. He needs to being getting regular starts for his own sake and he should be able to get a move to a decent midtable or midtable-aspiring Prem team based off his form this year. He's crazy if he stays here next year to be probably 3rd choice 6 or 5th choice 8.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He should push for a move, if he's here next year it'll only be in the Eddie/Nelson role with short cameos and the fans getting on his back when he does nothing in the cameos. He'll never be given a run of starts. It's best for him if he moves on.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom