• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scott Parker & Vieira?

Thierrymarron

Me and my mate had a thought at work...
How about trying to sign Scott Parker to partner Vieira in midfield. I reckon they would make an excellent team.
Discuss.

jc8gooner

Sounds good in theory, but young English talent is v.expensive; Charlton don't want to sell; we are quite well covered with Gilberto, Edu, Vieira and Parlour; Parker will not help us to crack Europe.

Thierrymarron

Yes he would. Parlour is past it. He will always be the romford pele.
Young and english is expensive. Give them cash + jeffers?

Legend#1

Established Member
I am very fond of Scotty Parker

He works his socks off, never gives up the cause, great tackler, can get forward as an attacking option also, great passer of the ball

Vieira and Parker would be ideal

I don't see it happening, I don'ty think Charlton will sell him anything under £10m

Mark

Established Member
I think Parker could be the new Parlour, same sort of determination, commitment and work rate, him and Vieira would be good but I just don't see Charlton selling him, depends on where they are at the end of the season.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Parker and Vieira would be a superb combination but I can't see it happening. Wenger seems content with the midfield and defensive options he has at his disposal.

lewdikris

Established Member
Serious dollars.

He's a very good player - the authentic pocket rocket - but Charlton have big plans for the future, to which he's the key, and if they let him go it'll be bad news for them, which means he'd be seriously costly.

I actually think him and Vieira would be a bit too similar to play together. Both work very hard in the deep and break up field - together they might end up too high, rather than what's needed, which is one man sitting back and holding, which neither of them like to do.

reggiepaul

At the position we are in contention for so many cups and with the team at our disposal I am not totally convinced ANY player would make a mammoth difference at the club.

I've seen plenty of teams buy outright geniuses for their club only to remain fighting week in week out.

Scott Parker and Vieira sounds like a great idea and eventually the partnership would be successful but Scott is more of a midfield boss and our main problem is the weakness is around executing chances rather than getting the ball and holding posession which we have little problem with, whoever partners Vieira.

Although as far as executing and creating chances goes we have one of the best records in the world at that too.

So, personally I reckon it will be money lost only to adapt to a problem we already have massive control and dominance over - the central midfield.

eikaz

parker will be a good signing..but i think it's better wenger to buy a striker to replace bergkamp..

---Reyes is the best------- ;D :mrgreen: ;D

orion

I've been very impressed with Parker these last two seasons. He always puts a lot of effort to his game and has been progressing with great leaps. Another great prospect would be Bayern's Owen Hargreaves, I know Arsène likes this player a lot.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
titi said:
Gilberto is playing pretty well at present and there is more important priorities to think of.

Totally agree, he looked very solid the other day.

Striker, striker, striker.

pamilih

Why buy a midfielder if we have Fabregas, Ryan Smith, etc?

Speed up Bentley, line him up and see if he does well.

godfather

eikaz said:
parker will be a good signing..but i think it's better wenger to buy a striker to replace bergkamp..

---Reyes is the best------- ;D :mrgreen: ;D

yes :D we need anew berggy

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom