• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scott Parker & Vieira?

Thierrymarron

Paul Gallacher from Blackburn was in 442 magazine saying that the player he most plays like is Dennis Bergkamp...............................
Anyone think we should sign him................................................

Is that silence.....................

yes definately silence.

Ridge

charlton just rejected chelski's bid, so i dont think we have enuff money to get parker.

Adam

Established Member
Ridge said:
charlton just rejected chelski's bid, so i dont think we have enuff money to get parker.

Jeez - how many CM's do they need? Veron, Makalele, Lampard, Cole, Geremi and Petit can all play there.

zerofeel

exactly...they are spoilt for choice at chelsea and yet they are out there unsettling players on form and causing alot of problem for their respective clubs just because they show interest...n its funny how RANIERi once said in an interview that he doesnt have 'QUALITY' back up for his current first choice CMs when they have VERON,COLE etc etc...i think they are just greedy thinking that MONEY can win them championships ...sooner or later,Chelsea's gonna have so many discontented top players that the moral of the club will be such a sore sight to behold...IMHO tat is... :mrgreen:

reggiepaul

I think they will offload some players in the summer. No team can hold on to so many players. We could get them cheap ;D ;D

jc8gooner

I just saw an interview with Curbishley on skysportsin which he was asked:

Interviewer- 'If Chelsea bid silly money, say £15 million, would you be able to resist?'

Curbishley- 'You say £15 million. That is silly money because it's not enough.'

I don't think Scott Parker will be going anywhere.

JGooner

On his way to becoming the complete Premiership CM. I'd love him at Arsenal but we can't afford him.

zerofeel

yeah Parker is fast becoming a top english midfielder...but just heard the news that he is so unsettled that he wont be playing this coming Saturday...chances are he will definetely ask for a transfer in the summer and go to chelsea to warm the bench.... quite a waste of talent me thinks to go to Chelsea and not being played regularly when he can stay at Charlton and be their star player..Charltons not doing so bad are they?They are fourth in the table and have a big chance to compete for a spot in Europe next season ..maybe he desperately wants to get into the ENGLAND squad knowing how Eriksson only picks players playin in CL...

AFCG7

Established Member
maybe a bid from Chelsea would be accepted, but Parker would be stupid to go there.. Makelele and Lampard are the first chioce midfield partnership with Veron and Cole and Petit and Geremi still around.. he'd have it very hard trying to get into that team regularly

HEATHEN

zerofeel said:
exactly...they are spoilt for choice at chelsea and yet they are out there unsettling players on form and causing alot of problem for their respective clubs just because they show interest...n its funny how RANIERi once said in an interview that he doesnt have 'QUALITY' back up for his current first choice CMs when they have VERON,COLE etc etc...i think they are just greedy thinking that MONEY can win them championships ...sooner or later,Chelsea's gonna have so many discontented top players that the moral of the club will be such a sore sight to behold...IMHO tat is... :mrgreen:

I think Ranieri's/Abramovich's theory is to buy every other premiership clubs best players. It doesn't matter if they don't play. As long as they are not playing against Chelsea. It will bite them in the arse cause they will all be requesting to be put on the transfer list. Except Lampard, who seems to play in every game, in every competition.

HEATHEN

AFCG7 said:
maybe a bid from Chelsea would be accepted, but Parker would be stupid to go there.. Makelele and Lampard are the first chioce midfield partnership with Veron and Cole and Petit and Geremi still around.. he'd have it very hard trying to get into that team regularly

It would be very foolish of Parker to leave Charlton for Chelsea. First of all Lampard and Cole are also competing for midfield spots for England as well as at Chelsea. So on most occasions only one of them will be getting a start at Chelsea at any one time. Makes it hard to get into the England team if you're not playing regular club football.
Also at Charlton, Parker get to see a lot of the ball because the players look to him to do something special, which he usually does. Where as at Chelsea he will be surrounded by world class players and won't shine as much in the limited appearances he would make.

Hasn't he just signed a new deal with Charlton anyway??? Why would he sign if he knew he wanted to go somewhere else?

The_Benchmark

I feel that Scott Parker could perform a very sharp role on the right wing and right-center, as the attacking midfielder, similar to Christiano Ronaldo, and that he does have the capability to perform that well, provided the manager can work to get the best out of him.

laolu

forget scott parker, they won't sell him to us for whatever we can offer because chelsea will always be able to top that

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom