• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know he’s been less than impressive for us, but he is still a 10 mil player. We can’t keep terminating fringe player contracts - I’m sure it doesn’t go unnoticed around the world and instead of banking small fees for all of them we just keep letting these guys screw us over. I’m one of the few that back our administration and manager, but this is poor dealings
Because there was bald in club giving average players wages that other teams will find it impossible to pay fee and give him big wages.

Pepesuave

I know he’s been less than impressive for us, but he is still a 10 mil player. We can’t keep terminating fringe player contracts - I’m sure it doesn’t go unnoticed around the world and instead of banking small fees for all of them we just keep letting these guys screw us over. I’m one of the few that back our administration and manager, but this is poor dealings
10 mil? I assume you are referring to Zimbabwean $

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

You are right, a terrible precedent has already been set for terminating contracts and this would be another. No point in holding out for a couple of million here though as the risk vs reward is scary.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You are right, a terrible precedent has already been set for terminating contracts and this would be another. No point in holding out for a couple of million here though as the risk vs reward is scary.
Looks like most or all top PL clubs are unable to shift their highly paid older or not performing players. Kola is no different and I cannot see anyone pay anything for him. His wages are just too high. No club in their right mind would pay to have him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Is that daily nexus account in Turkish?

It's a turkish source, they're on par with Portuguese ones as far as believing them goes.

Hope this is true, either way. Sad that we have to keep paying players to leave tho. Becoming the norm and not the exception.

mirrorstare

Think we'll pay him to leave eventually, as some sort of desperate PR move about clearing deadwood

You already fell for that once so yeah

MikeVinna

Established Member
So question time. Why terminate contracts in the final year, which means paying off wages, when you can loan the player out and the other club take a big part of the wages? Do players simply refuse to go on loan or do the other clubs not want loans?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
So question time. Why terminate contracts in the final year, which means paying off wages, when you can loan the player out and the other club take a big part of the wages? Do players simply refuse to go on loan or do the other clubs not want loans?

Essentially Kola wants to secure his future on a long time deal and will accept less of this years wages from Arsenal to do that. We pay him about £5.2m

zilfy

So a 28 year old who has started 76 games for arsenal, a top 6 side in the toughest league in the world, can't be sold for even 1 or 2 mil?

To go for less than jenkinson went for??? Give me a break

Underhill

So a 28 year old who has started 76 games for arsenal, a top 6 side in the toughest league in the world, can't be sold for even 1 or 2 mil?

To go for less than jenkinson went for??? Give me a break
He is on bloated wages. He was signed as a free agent. Think he is on more than 100k per week and one of the best paid RB in the world.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This is just a case of not selling at the right time. We made him unsellable because he was too important to us only for him not to even start a few months later. Could have made a nice profit on him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Paying off wages? I thought termination means agreement on mutual consent that he is free to find another club and we won't be paying the wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom