• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Escaped Ape

Saw this first in the Mirror, which gave the rumour half an air of respectability, but then noticed the Mirror was just using the Sunday People story, which makes it seem even less credible. But, for what it's worth...

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...urprise-move-for-seb-larsson-102039-23179830/

Arsenal make surprise move for Seb Larsson

Jun 5 2011 by Alan Nixon and Alan Oliver, The People
Seb Larsson

4th-june-photo-id-s-image-25-782225769.jpg

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is making a surprise move for Sebastian Larsson, who has been freed by Birmingham.

Swedish midfielder Larsson quit Arsenal to join Brum in 2007 – after a successful loan spell at St Andrews – but Wenger now wants him back as a squad player. SUNDERLAND, NEWCASTLE and BLACKBURN have all made offers, with the Wearsiders convinced they had done enough to seal a deal.

But now Wenger is throwing his hat in the ring and Larsson, 25, must decide whether he wants to be a fringe player at the Emirates or a regular starter at the other clubs.

North-east rivals Newcastle and Sunderland are ready to battle it out for another Brum star in 24-year-old goalscoring midfielder Craig Gardner.

Manager Alex McLeish knows he will lose the services of some of his top players after relegation from the top flight, but will demand around £8m for a player he signed from Aston Vila for £3million last year.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is also keen on Birmingham central defender Roger Johnson, 28, who is also wanted by WOLVES and LIVERPOOL. The vultures are circling at St Andrews with keeper Ben Foster, defender Scott Dann and striker Cameron Jerome all also attracting interest.

McLeish, though, has acted quickly to replace Larsson and is set to sign winger Chris Burke who has failed to agree a new deal with Cardiff City.

The Scotland international played under McLeish at Rangers.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Seb Larrson

we're not gonna buy back a player we let go.. (Sol and Jens not withstanding, as those were emergency covers)

Shue

Established Member
Re: Seb Larsson

I hear Omer Riza and Alberto Rodriguez Mendes are available too.

dpt49

Established Member

Great piece of business.
If all the rumours are true, we are going to sell Cesc, Nasri and Arshavin and get Larsson as a replacement.

What a load of rubbish, I hope

Clarkey

Paolo Vernazza must be due a return as well. Seriously though, Larsson moved due to seeing he'd get nowhere beyond a squad role so why would he return to find himself in the same spot when he could head to say Norwich etc and carry on his progression.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Meh.
Has Wenger ever re-signed a player, he got rid off when he's regarded as a talent during his Arsenal days?

Rubbish rumour.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

no why we bring him back we can buy another good midfielder

cloista

On a free this wouldn't actually be a bad idea when you think about it. He's a better wideman than Eboue for a start.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

cloista said:
On a free this wouldn't actually be a bad idea when you think about it. He's a better wideman than Eboue for a start.
No, just no. There was a reason we let him go and to bring him back would send out all the wrong messages...imagine selling Nasri and bringing in Larsson...there'd be riots.

Jbruin

Established Member

It'd be like re-signing David Bentley... No chance of this happening.

IBL

Established Member

another non started, closing until we (miraculously) get something concrete

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Seb Larsson

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...l-youngster-sebastian-larsson-hints-at-return

Speaking to Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, Larsson said: "They [Arsenal] have shown some interest. If it flows it can be anything in the end. The next few days will tell.

"I know there is some kind of interest but I cannot currently say whether something can be done or not. At the moment I do not know how it is going."

What do you think? In my opinion he could be a good squad player but nothing more.. Maybe a replacement for Eboue as he can also play RM and RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom