• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Titi

Re: Seb Larsson

Do you guys think Quincy Owusu-Abeyie would be worth a punt as well? I don't think Al-Sadd would mind letting him rejoin us...

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

I hope this happens, i really do.

Not an amazing player, but extremely versatile, no transfer fee, good wages and very disciplined.

He has come a long way since he left us and he was a top player at Birmingham, where McLeish said that he was a model professional.

Has a top notch set piece on him which will be an asset when he is on he field and has a lot of experience in the EPL, at a club that scraps results and was well structured defensively.

He grew up at Arsenal since the age of 16 so would understand our passing game, but having that development and knowledge at a defence minded club would definitely add something to our current side.

Can play on the right, through the middle or at fullback. He has a magnificent cross on him and his work rate down the right could be utilised when needed.

Not a world beater but definitely a top signing if he compliments one or two bigger names that come through our doors.

Is he considered homegrown?

illmatik

Established Member

I'm not against it, would make a better squad player than Eboue and Denilson. Could turn out to be a productive player

GDeep™

League is very weak

Agree with Cudarelli, have to doubt if Seb would be happy with a squaddy role though, think he is more ambitious then that.

Pies

GDeep said:
Agree with Cudarelli, have to doubt if Seb would be happy with a squaddy role though, think he is more ambitious then that.

Agreed.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Interestingly, I remember when we sold him to Brum and recalled Bendtner from loan, there was an article on arsemania homepage which cited Larsson as a much better option and complete than Bendtner. They were both on loans at Brum back then.

I guess we didn't bring him back from Brum, because that "would've killed the progress" of Diaby and Denilson.

As others have said, I would like him to be here, he would certainly get matches either from bench or starting easier matches, but I think he has higher ambitions.

Some mid table team will probably get him. Newcastle, Sunderland or even Villa if McLeish gets appointed.

Edit: found the article I mentioned above. Thanks Google.

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3103207/Arsenal-hoarding-the-worlds-youth-talent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/31032 ... alent.html</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I really hope this doesn't happen, i've watched him at Birmingham and i don't see anything that suggests who could do a job for us. This is surely him just using us as away to get other clubs interested, at least i hope it is.

The Escaped Ape

Is there any more meat to this rumour than the one that led to me starting a thread a week or so back that got locked a day or so later? ;)

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

Rosicky is much better than Larsson and his contribution was not good enough. I'd give Lansbury a chance than getting Larsson who is a fairly similar player in terms of style. We can not overload the squad with these type of players.

The Escaped Ape

Twitter, the new Goal.com, says this is just agent talk to get Larsson a better deal somewhere else. Take that and do what you like with it (bottom of the virtual budgie's cage?).

VancouverCanuck

Would be a huge upgrade from Denilson. But still not Arsenal material IMO. I can still he would be appealing to Wenger as he is free.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

VancouverCanuck said:
Would be a huge upgrade from Denilson. But still not Arsenal material IMO. I can still he would be appealing to Wenger as he is free.
Anybody is a huge upgrade on Denilson tbf. You could take a random midfielder from league 1 and he would still be better

Floating

Established Member

Clrnc said:
VancouverCanuck said:
Anybody is a huge upgrade on Denilson tbf. You could take a random midfielder from league 1 and he would still be better

That's so far from true. :roll:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Yep, that random midfielder doesn't even have to be from League 1, League 2 would already be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom