• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
According to the Daily Star , Arsenal have begun negotiations with the agent of Shkodran Mustafi. The Gunners are seeking a replacement for Per Mertesacker, who will miss the start of the season after a knee injury, and their choice will be focused on the German international (twelve selections), author of a goal during the Euro 2016 face Ukraine. At 24, Mustafi could therefore leave Valencia, which he joined in 2014 from Sampdoria.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Would be a great Per replacement. Has great stamina, is very good on tackling and clearances.

He's a bit positionally suspect as he can get dribbled in vital areas but that could get ironed out under a more stable system.

Hopefully Arsène goes in for him. We would have the second native Albanian in our ranks and Xhaka would have his bro in here :)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Per's injury is actually good for us, probably the first time an injury has can be classed as positive. And its happened with plenty of window left, so no excuses not to bring in a very good CB.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We have Kos, Merte, Gabriel, Chambers and Holding. No way we're getting another CB unless somebody goes out

albakos

Administrator

Do we consider our defensive unit "a more stable system"?

Our team is better than Everton, Sampdoria and Valencia where Mustafi has played so far.
I think Mustafi working with Bould would improve his game even further.

Not that he is not a good player already. He's especially good in big games. Last season, he nullified no other than Neymar when Valencia won at Camp Nou. He also had some very good games v. Ronaldo.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Do we consider our defensive unit "a more stable system"?
More stable compared to Valencia, I guess. Little bit worried BvB didn't even go for him and I thought Liverpool would try-don't if that is a good sign or bad.

I'd rather we go all in for one of Koulibaly, Manolas or Tah but I don't mind Mustafi at all. Thought he was taller though since he looked pretty good in the air.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We have Kos, Merte, Gabriel, Chambers and Holding. No way we're getting another CB unless somebody goes out

Chambers will be getting RB games aswell

Kos will take some time before he is rested and in match form

Per is out for quite a while and at his age may not recover. and his physique has already started to go down in general, if he gets any slower he will be moving backwards :)

Gabriel hasn't settled and hasn't shown that he will

IMO we needed a new starting proven CD before per got injured, now it is a given

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't feel like this'll happen. Then again, we really need a CB and I rate Mustafi.

Come through Wenger!

EDIT (2019): wish we didn't sign anyone, ****s sake

Axel_Gunner

is it dailystar or dailystar quoting Ema?

edit: "That is according to Italian football journalist Emanuele Giulianelli"
...ok so its veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery weak. no real link.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Chambers will be getting RB games aswell

Kos will take some time before he is rested and in match form

Per is out for quite a while and at his age may not recover. and his physique has already started to go down in general, if he gets any slower he will be moving backwards :)

Gabriel hasn't settled and hasn't shown that he will

IMO we needed a new starting proven CD before per got injured, now it is a given

Good points all. Imo we need starting CB as well but I think Wenger sees things as I said. I believe in his opinion we're covered in the CB department especially since Monreal can also play there.

albakos

Administrator

While I'd like to have Mustafi, the problem is that he's on holiday and he would be back at same time Özil comes, due to Euro involvement. So no time to settle in and accomodate. He'd also miss first few games.

Woeful first name.

Or so you think ?

Shkodran is one of the most popular names for Albanians and it carries a cultural significance, as it is related with one of our cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom