• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Reading that I remembered the Gary Neville 7-0 and thought i'd check, purely out of interest, to see if he was involved.

Just incase you're wondering he was involved in half of it.

Untitled.png

Dfa25

Dfa25
it happens

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
it happens

Absolutely, I didn't look it up to judge him, just curiosity really.

From the limited times I've seen him he looks decent, only thing would be if it's going to be him and Kos you might worry about the aerial side of things.
Especially if we're replacing Giroud with Ben Yedder :)

dysphoria

Established Member
Meh, would prefer koulibaly or schar but i'd rather mustafi than gabriel but of course this is the arsenal so we'll probably end up having gabd starting for us most often this season.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Rate him too. Talented player. Has a good long range pass on him and good aerial prowess.
I thoughts so too looking at the Euro games but the stats don't seem to support it. Then again, he has a very impressive goals/game ratio for Switzerland (for a CB), so maybe he's a set-piece kind of guy but not in open play? Not sure what is going on here.

One of my larger worries with Schar is that one of his best qualities is his large passing range, but Wenger might throw that in the bin. He likes building up slowly from the back, and that just doesn't go hand-in-hand with pinging long-balls. If Schar is told not to do so, that's one of his bigger qualities nullified.

What I really like on the other hand is that he already knows both Elneny and Xhaka from Basel/Switzerland, and that could help in getting him settled at the club and doing well in games at the start.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I also suggested we go in for Schar, who is young and is a reliable solid option. Would probably be a better Per replacement than Mustafi.

I guess Arsène reads AM. Wondering if that's @MutableEarth @Rex Banner or @GDeep™ in disguise :p

Reading that I remembered the Gary Neville 7-0 and thought i'd check, purely out of interest, to see if he was involved.

Just incase you're wondering he was involved in half of it.

Untitled.png

Dfa25

Dfa25

The Neville period proved to be a disatrous for Valencia and it showed with his long streak of winless La Liga matches, which eventually cost him the job.

Once Neville got the sack, Valencia recomposed themselves, played much better and got some excellent results. one them being by beating Barca in Nou Camp 2-1, and hence "avenging" their Cup humiliation under Neville

Some stats from Mustafi on that game.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/69140/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Poldma

Knowing Wenger, "experienced" means a Squillaci or Silvestre type of signing. Don't expect Wenger to splash 30m+ on a defender with Mert coming back eventually

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Knowing Wenger, "experienced" means a Squillaci or Silvestre type of signing. Don't expect Wenger to splash 30m+ on a defender with Mert coming back eventually

EVERYTHING told us we were going to buy a new CB anyways, even before Mertesacker's injury.
We don't always have to expect the worst.

Guess we gonna get a proper option this time at least..

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I also suggested we go in for Schar, who is young and is a reliable solid option. Would probably be a better Per replacement than Mustafi.

I guess Arsène reads AM. Wondering if that's @MutableEarth @Rex Banner or @GDeep™ in disguise :p

The Neville period proved to be a disatrous for Valencia and it showed with his long streak of winless La Liga matches, which eventually cost him the job.

Once Neville got the sack, Valencia recomposed themselves, played much better and got some excellent results. one them being by beating Barca in Nou Camp 2-1, and hence "avenging" their Cup humiliation under Neville

Some stats from Mustafi on that game.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/69140/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Agreed, as I said just checked out of curiosity.

From what I've seen and heard it sounds a decent option.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I thoughts so too looking at the Euro games but the stats don't seem to support it. Then again, he has a very impressive goals/game ratio for Switzerland (for a CB), so maybe he's a set-piece kind of guy but not in open play? Not sure what is going on here.

One of my larger worries with Schar is that one of his best qualities is his large passing range, but Wenger might throw that in the bin. He likes building up slowly from the back, and that just doesn't go hand-in-hand with pinging long-balls. If Schar is told not to do so, that's one of his bigger qualities nullified.

What I really like on the other hand is that he already knows both Elneny and Xhaka from Basel/Switzerland, and that could help in getting him settled at the club and doing well in games at the start.
I doubt that maybe a problem given our defenders do have the freedom on the ball too but great points.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I doubt that maybe a problem given our defenders do have the freedom on the ball too but great points.

Seriously, if we go out for someone with a price tag of 30-40 million like Mustafi - although I rate the guy highly - we can as well go for Koulibaly, Lugani, Tah and Toprak as well.

Mustafi would be a great buy, so would be Schar, but if they hold on to the quoted prices it's a no brainer to go for elite talent.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Seriously, if we go out for someone with a price tag of 30-40 million like Mustafi - although I rate the guy highly - we can as well go for Koulibaly, Lugani, Tah and Toprak as well.

Mustafi would be a great buy, so would be Schar, but if they hold on to the quoted prices it's a no brainer to go for elite talent.
Yeah, agreed. Rugani is sort of "untransferrable" as far as I know though. If Mustafi costs 30-40 as is being said then we'd better add a few and go for bigger players like Tah or Koulibaly.

I'd obviously take Mustafi or Schar though, no problem.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banner rates him highly which is good enough for me...although he did say that Bellerin would be the next Bale.

Btw was Sol Campbell the last time we signed a top established CB? I really hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom