• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton vs Arsenal - 1/1/2013 17:30 Sky Sports 1

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Walcott especially doesn't need a breather, he barely played start of the season. They are professional football players, they should be able to play two games a week.

DontPushMe

Yeah I'd rest nobody

Same team we've been using, its working

Only change I'd make is per in if he's fit, I'd prefer him in for verm but it'll probably have to be kos

MaestroCesc

I dont see why we need to rest anyone for this match or Swansea, for like the past 4 or 5 weeks they have had a full week of rest, WHU was cancelled so they probably want to play matches not be rested. The only player i can think of who needs resting is Jack and maybe Bac.

Play full strength teams for Swansea and Soton, they are pro footballers at the top of the game they have the fitness to do it easily, then they have another week of rest for City.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lambert v Gibbs in the air worries me, they'll no doubt target him, and Lambert is a beast in the air.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Ahh it's January, do we see our new signings Zaha, M'Vila, Nani, Villa, Alvarez, and Ba start? Joking, obviously they won't break into our winning first 11 right away

Glovegun

Established Member
Same team. Go out there and win.

Confidence is as high as its been since early September, I really see no reason to change things. Make no mistake, Southampton really won't be looking forward to this.

I'd start both Cazorla and Arteta, but we need to look at resting them at some point. With Diaby and Rosicky back hopefully we can do that soon.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bit annoyed that we'll once again play after Sp**s. If they win (which they should) against Reading, it adds more pressure on the lads to get a result.

As I've said, Lambert worries me but we SHOULD beat these, they give up goals for fun most of the time, however if we get a couple of goals and sit back I'll be pissed, we need to build that GD table up and make sure if it comes into play at the end of the season, we're well ahead of our rivals.

Kwaku

THunter said:
Bit annoyed that we'll once again play after Sp**s. If they win (which they should) against Reading, it adds more pressure on the lads to get a result.

As I've said, Lambert worries me but we SHOULD beat these, they give up goals for fun most of the time, however if we get a couple of goals and sit back I'll be pissed, we need to build that GD table up and make sure if it comes into play at the end of the season, we're well ahead of our rivals.

Pressure?

This is a game against Southampton and you are talking about pressure?

Nothing other than a win would be acceptable to me. Doesn't matter whether Sp**s win or not against Reading.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kwaku said:
THunter said:

Pressure?

Nothing other than a win would be acceptable to me. Doesn't matter whether Sp**s win or not against Reading.
You haven't a clue. This isn't the PL of 5 years ago where we'd turn up and smash these, I'd say being 6 points behind your rivals for 4th adds some pressure, yeah. FP

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully its a 'you play, we play' game, Southampton like to concede a goal or two aswell... expecting the boys to continue our good run.

In our current form, dropping points against Southampton will be a let down.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Draw game imo.

Hopefully Giroud and Gervinho continue to stay on the bench, otherwise not fussed who plays where.

Mudi

psycho said:
Draw game imo.

Hopefully Giroud and Gervinho continue to stay on the bench, otherwise not fussed who plays where.

Draw?

With our form, we should be able to beat them comfortable. I'm not saying we will, but we have the pace and technique to open their defense. If they play as high as they usual do, we will score at least 2 goals.

And people shouldn't worry about Tottenham. We should more worry about our shedule.
Saints (A), City (H), Chelsea (A), West Ham (H), Liverpool (H), Stoke (H) en Sunderland (A)
7 crucial games before the CL clash against Bayern. A possible 15 out of 21 would be amazing. We will have 48 points with 26 games played. But lets first win our game against Saints.

blaze_of_glory

psycho said:
Draw game imo.

Yeah Giroud was just horrific when he came on last game. Should stay on the bench.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

That game was open season, Im personally not really buying it- Newcastle are dodgy at the moment and its just my opinion. Saying that, I feel Theo is still our best option upfront at the moment, so..yeh, Giroud and Gerv on the bench please.

Also the game could more than easily end in a draw, have you not been watching these guys this season? Wouldn't say the win is a given at all.

Kwaku

THunter said:
Kwaku said:
THunter said:

Pressure?

You haven't a clue. This isn't the PL of 5 years ago where we'd turn up and smash these, I'd say being 6 points behind your rivals for 4th adds some pressure, yeah. FP

It's a game against a team that is one of the poorest in the league. Trying to mask it as anything else is just offering these players excuses to not perform. Like I said, only walking away from this match with 3 points would be acceptable or would you be OK with a draw because of the pressure of Sp**s playing Reading?

DiamondGooner

Established Member
psycho said:
That game was open season, Im personally not really buying it- Newcastle are dodgy at the moment and its just my opinion. Saying that, I feel Theo is still our best option upfront at the moment, so..yeh, Giroud and Gerv on the bench please.

Also the game could more than easily end in a draw, have you not been watching these guys this season? Wouldn't say the win is a given at all.

What this guy said.

If Giroud starts where's Theo going to be, RW? ..... errh no thanks, been there done that were a better team with him as striker.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kwaku said:
It's a game against a team that is one of the poorest in the league. Trying to mask it as anything else is just offering these players excuses to not perform. Like I said, only walking away from this match with 3 points would be acceptable or would you be OK with a draw because of the pressure of Sp**s playing Reading?
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

**** me! It's fairly obvious that the team will be under more pressure to win tomorrow if Sp**s win because we'll be further behind them, thus it would have been better playing at the same time or earlier.

When have I said I think/want/would be happy with a draw? Obviously we should win tomorrow, I've not said we shouldn't and was only making a point about the schedule. Think you need to start reading things properly and get a grip.

blaze_of_glory

I say start Theo as well, I though Psycho meant not play Giroud at all. Giroud should definitely get time in the second half, he changes the team completely and will throw their defence off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well to the people here are saying we will not beat the saints. well you know the saints defense is very poor so if our front three if they on form they will have a field day against their defense and we could see maybe another 6 goals, but our defense must be careful cuz they have guy his name ricky lambert he is really good in the air.

their pacy winger Adam Lallana will miss tomorrow game and maybe also their right back clyne.

oh and happy new year my gunners friends.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom