• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
So Luiz, Saliba, Holding and Sokratis will be fit for the start of next season (as it stands), although Saliba is a kid who's never played in England, Luiz is error-prone, Holding isn't good enough and Sokratis isn't rated by the coach. Mari, Mustafi and Chambers will be injured at the start of next season, and they all are or might be not good enough anyway. And Mavro's on loan.

How do we always end up with so many of our CB's on the treatment table!

If we're aiming to cut two for next season then the only options are really Holding and Sokratis

Leaves us with

Saliba - obvious
Mari - only just joined
Mustafi and Luiz - the best of a bad bunch
Chambers - returning from a serious injury

You have to think chambers and Mari should be back by September/October so it shouldn't be too much of a risk letting a couple go

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think dark times are ahead and as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we will win the fa cup and I don't really want us to. It will just keep us on the same trajectory we are heading on. I don't actually believe that the club is capable of doing what needs to be done in order to improve the quality of the team.

Arteta has spoken about a long term technical plan put in place in order to be better. There has been no evidence of that apart from the two extensions of Saka and Martinelli.

We have bought Pablo Mari. A left footed slow CB, who spent the majority of his career in the Spanish second division before playing in the Brazillian league for a team that dominated possession and doesn't have to defend as much. He isn't the right profile, as a back up, he is just about adequate, but it was a deal we did quickly that wasn't even needed as he wasn't even ready to play. We had nothing better up our sleeve?

We extended Luiz in farcial fashion. I don't care if he gave a pep talk to AMN on camera, that's all he does. Talk to the camera. Is he who you want playing alongside Saliba? He is in steep decline and will be even worse next season.

Soares on a 4 year deal? What plan is that? Why did AMN start at RB when Soares can't even play in the fa cup. He isn't good enough. We paid a loan fee and then bought him when we could have just bought him. There is no other right back in the world that we could have got? Getting into bed with agents is the plan so far and it wouldn't be surprised if we did the same this summer.

Arteta has got all he can get out of these players and he knows it. If he had faith in the board he wouldn't worry about losing Auba as you could replace him with the right amount of cash. However what would likely happen is we would give Laca a new contract out of fear, and then struggle next season with a cf who simply isn't good enough to get more than 15 goals a season.

We will still depend on players who are ticking time bombs. Kola, Mustafi, Xhaka, Luiz can all make a mistake and lose a game at any moment on a consistent basis. Xhaka is not good enough. He never will be. Making him a permanent fixture in the team means a constant adaptation of the formation to benefit him. Ceballos has been good this side of lock down, and every team on a lower physical level than normal, but in the long run, he can't play as an 8 and he requires a minder in a double pivot.

We need to blow it up. Start again. Replace like for like position wise and do what needs to be done. No sentiment, no fear of losing players, no agent friendly signings, no mega contracts to old players. We just did it with Luiz. Don't do it to Laca and Auba again. Rebuild properly.

I think we really need to focus on the midfield and attack. I think the defence is a stretch to far and we have players we will struggle to get rid of. Cheap deals do not bring you quality in the manner we are doing them.

Sell the players Arteta doesn't like and sell the players who keep us mediocre but ones he has to currently rely on due to paucity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think dark times are ahead and as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we will win the fa cup and I don't really want us to. It will just keep us on the same trajectory we are heading on. I don't actually believe that the club is capable of doing what needs to be done in order to improve the quality of the team.

Arteta has spoken about a long term technical plan put in place in order to be better. There has been no evidence of that apart from the two extensions of Saka and Martinelli.

We have bought Pablo Mari. A left footed slow CB, who spent the majority of his career in the Spanish second division before playing in the Brazillian league for a team that dominated possession and doesn't have to defend as much. He isn't the right profile, as a back up, he is just about adequate, but it was a deal we did quickly that wasn't even needed as he wasn't even ready to play. We had nothing better up our sleeve?

We extended Luiz in farcial fashion. I don't care if he gave a pep talk to AMN on camera, that's all he does. Talk to the camera. Is he who you want playing alongside Saliba? He is in steep decline and will be even worse next season.

Soares on a 4 year deal? What plan is that? Why did AMN start at RB when Soares can't even play in the fa cup. He isn't good enough. We paid a loan fee and then bought him when we could have just bought him. There is no other right back in the world that we could have got? Getting into bed with agents is the plan so far and it wouldn't be surprised if we did the same this summer.

Arteta has got all he can get out of these players and he knows it. If he had faith in the board he wouldn't worry about losing Auba as you could replace him with the right amount of cash. However what would likely happen is we would give Laca a new contract out of fear, and then struggle next season with a cf who simply isn't good enough to get more than 15 goals a season.

We will still depend on players who are ticking time bombs. Kola, Mustafi, Xhaka, Luiz can all make a mistake and lose a game at any moment on a consistent basis. Xhaka is not good enough. He never will be. Making him a permanent fixture in the team means a constant adaptation of the formation to benefit him. Ceballos has been good this side of lock down, and every team on a lower physical level than normal, but in the long run, he can't play as an 8 and he requires a minder in a double pivot.

We need to blow it up. Start again. Replace like for like position wise and do what needs to be done. No sentiment, no fear of losing players, no agent friendly signings, no mega contracts to old players. We just did it with Luiz. Don't do it to Laca and Auba again. Rebuild properly.

I think we really need to focus on the midfield and attack. I think the defence is a stretch to far and we have players we will struggle to get rid of. Cheap deals do not bring you quality in the manner we are doing them.

Sell the players Arteta doesn't like and sell the players who keep us mediocre but ones he has to currently rely on due to paucity.

Another knee jerk post. You can't blow it up it's impossible. Check my post in the new squad analysis thread. Auba needs to be signed on.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom