• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Naismith

Ramy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/08/27/SOCCER_Arsenal_Naismith.html&TEAMHD=soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer</a>

Wenger has taken a young striker on trial from scotland.
Voted for young player in scotland.
would have prefered a proven goal scorer.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Yeah just seen this on sportinglife. Into transfer section we go.

First reaction is: Who?
Second is: Why?

Does seem a strange one, although doesn't sound a bad young player. So those of you who watch a bit of Scottish football, what do you think of this guy?

jester

Established Member
Naismith was voted Young Player of the Year last season after amassing 13 goals to help Killie to a fifth-place finish in the SPL.

He has already scored three times in five appearances so far this season.

i've heard alot about him (mainly because i hear his name and think of the guy from dream team).
As long as this is as well as the experienced World Class player we're about to bring in. lol (look, i made myself laugh.)

I'm from Scotland so i've seen him a few times on Scotsport which is your MotD. He has definitely impressed me and everyone else up here. He's quite small but really tricky and got bags of skill. If I remeber correctly he scored a wonderful solo goal against Hibs earlier this season. I'll try and find the vid somewhere.

sorry - no video links allowed

Shocking defending mind!! :lol:

Army of Me

Established Member
I've heard good things about him, but can't say I've ever seen him play.

I'm going to watch the Rangers game today (girlfriends a Ger) so I'll have a look, but I'm not sure if I'll see the best of him; I've a feeling Rangers will dominate and destroy Killie today.

jay-d

Established Member
Do you think Wenger was abducted and replaced by the hybrid love child of Keegan / Ardilles ? In the next 5 years we look to want to play 1-2-6 with Cesc being the converted CB.

Legend#1

Established Member
A mate of mine who watches Scottish footie:

Steven Naismith is a quality player, really intelligent and composed for his age and he's a great finisher. A bit surprised at your interest in him though.

He's not slow, but his game isn't built on pace. He can play on the wing or up front. He's a clinical finisher who can also create. A bit like Reyes.

I can't really think of any part of his game that is especially weak. He's scored goals at all levels in his career. He is a great prospect.

He obviously doesn't watch Reyes if he thinks he's a clinical finisher.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Seems a strange one by Wenger. Can't see why we need another U20 striker, when we clearly are in need of a couple more proven experienced players, ready for immediate first team contention in other positions.

PiresPuma06

I'm Scottish and very impressed by him.

He is a bit like a right-sided Jose Reyes, but more suited to the Premiership.

I also hear that Everton and Manchester United are interested in him too.

Army of Me

Established Member
oh aye, and I can just add...

Wenger interested in Scottish player:
banana6na9rb.gif

he should have a look at Callum Elliot as well.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think it is amusing that many of you are wondering why we are looking at another striker.. have you seen our goal tally for the first 2 matches?

(was sarcasm, but i think you get the point)

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom