• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Naismith

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I would welcome his arrival if he can come into the first team straight away and be the clinical finisher we need at the moment, but is that really likely?Plus why bring in another young attacker when we already have Lupoli, Bendtner, Stokes, Elston, Simpson, Barazite and of course Theo? Granted not all of them will make it, but still quite a few options. Can anyone make a good comparison between our current youth attackers and Naismith?Nothing wrong with bringing in young players, but we already have quite a few young attackers.

zuberi

Don Pacifico said:
I would welcome his arrival if he can come into the first team straight away and be the clinical finisher we need at the moment, but is that really likely?Plus why bring in another young attacker when we already have Lupoli, Bendtner, Stokes, Elston, Simpson, Barazite and of course Theo? Granted not all of them will make it, but still quite a few options. Can anyone make a good comparison between our current youth attackers and Naismith?Nothing wrong with bringing in young players, but we already have quite a few young attackers.

you are quite right, but if he's that good a boy, and a proven goal scorer i wudn't mind him either!
but the asking price ( rumoured around 1mil pounds) is not that high and you have to keep in mind that lupoli bendtner and the others might just leave arsenal. theres no gurantee that they'll stay and in that case you don't want to be caught in with no new talent and have to swipe for anything in the transfer market.
i beleive in wenger and his transfer decisions, even though most of the people are skeptical about it.
in my opinion we seriously need to look into a defender, even though we can adjust but a solid defender (like gallas :p) can fit in and make our back 4 even more rock solid.

gooner_singh

He is on a trial doesn't mean he will sign, yaya toure was on trial remember. But since he is a striker wenger would probably sign him, unless he signs him and loans him out, I really do not know what wengers thinking, isn't Lupoli meant to be the poacher and what about Bendtner, they both similar age so bringing him in would mean they wont have a chance?, what about the hungarian kid who was on trial, whats the status with him. Please Mr Wenger, help us gooners out and buy some quality and help us get our first win, then again look at aston villa, no players n two wins well they are leadin against newcastle. Really need sum freshness in this team, shame we had so many players at a the world cup. Never mind as people would say "got another 36 league games to go", cant have many more games like man city though.*rant over*

thegame24

Established Member
what the **** is wenger trailing him for.

for **** sake look at your team

LOOK AT THE ****ING TEAM

we need ****ing world class midfielders defenders and strikers.

NAISMITH!!!

zuberi

thegame24 said:
what the f**k is wenger trailing him for.

for f**k sake look at your team

LOOK AT THE f****g TEAM

we need f****g world class midfielders defenders and strikers.

NAISMITH!!!

now where would you get with language like that?
naismith is pretty good.
have u seen him play even?

Don Pacifico

Established Member
zuberi said:
Don Pacifico said:

you are quite right, but if he's that good a boy, and a proven goal scorer i wudn't mind him either!
but the asking price ( rumoured around 1mil pounds) is not that high and you have to keep in mind that lupoli bendtner and the others might just leave arsenal. theres no gurantee that they'll stay and in that case you don't want to be caught in with no new talent and have to swipe for anything in the transfer market.
i beleive in wenger and his transfer decisions, even though most of the people are skeptical about it.
in my opinion we seriously need to look into a defender, even though we can adjust but a solid defender (like gallas :p) can fit in and make our back 4 even more rock solid.

Yeh valid points, agreed that defence may need to be strengthened, but i still think that our finishing is our weakest area. If this bloke can do it better than Lupoli and Bendtner, bring him in, otherwise lets keep looking.

stuart

Established Member
zuberi said:
thegame24 said:
what the f**k is wenger trailing him for.

for f**k sake look at your team

LOOK AT THE f****g TEAM

we need f****g world class midfielders defenders and strikers.

NAISMITH!!!

now where would you get with language like that?
naismith is pretty good.
have u seen him play even?

i havent seen him play but i no that he is 19!! agggghhhhhhhh, i also no that he is not PELE we have too many young first teamers as it is

stuart

Established Member
hes started against rangers today so at least he is a first teamer at killie but there is a big difference in class from the spl to th epl

Army of Me

Established Member
Watching the Kille - Rangers game and I'm not impressed with this guy at all. If this is the sort of performances he's been turning in I'm surprised he's coming anywhere near us.

He lacks pace, can't take a man on, passing is average, first touch is alright etc.

Very average looking player, and from what I've seen he would struggle big time in the reserves league, never mind the Premiership.

He started on the right wing, not sure if thats his favoured position tbh, but he's done **** all out there.

Arsène, if you're watching, while you're sniffing around Scotland buy Craig Gordon and Callum Elliot!

edit... although he does take a good penalty! hammered that one in.

At least he is playing well and scoring,seen him a couple of times and no where near good enough for us but with the right training we could make quite a lot of money from him in about 3-4 years.5-7mil easy

polar87

of course theres always room for yougsters, but for heavens sake were despereate for some experience, in capitals DESPERATE!!!!! i sometimes feel sick at wengers stubborness to bring in mature players

hleb_ster

but at the same time Arsène has never let us down, he always does the right thing

in Arsène we trust :roll:

(cant believe we are doubting the master :? )
edit: were not really doubting him, just a little :evil: because results havent gone our way! simple as that and we feel we need experienced players to improve, he probably knows that but cant find the right player!

ugen64

I *really* don't understand why everyone's so mad at Wenger about this. It's not like David Dein hands him a note saying "you may spend exactly 10m pounds this year and you may buy exactly 5 players this year". he doesn't have a quota. taking a 19 year old promising striker on a trial won't affect his thinking on the midfield or defence (unless, of course, he wants to switch to 4-3-3 and get 1 more player up front, but that's a different story).

and it's not like we *know* everything that's going on behind the scenes. you saw how quickly the Rosicky deal happened - within the span of a few days, and only because one of the Czech national team coaches noticed he was gone for his medical (or something like that). it's quite possible, probable even, that Wenger has been trying to buy players the whole transfer window... but nothing's happened - either their asking prices are too high (Davies) or the player has rejected us (maybe we bid for Thuram, who knows). it's not like Wenger has been sitting on his hands all summer thinking "hmm... how shall I torture ze fans zis time? maybe I vill buy 10 teenage strikers and the next Pascal Cygan?" :wink:

Don Pacifico

Established Member
hleb_ster said:
but at the same time Arsène has never let us down, he always does the right thing

in Arsène we trust :roll:

(cant believe we are doubting the master :? )

I can't believe i doubted us in Europe last season. Wenger should definately be backed, only 2 league games gone, it's far too early to judge. Having said that it's only natural that we are worried after the results we have had, but remember one thing:

Arsène is genius, let the master weave his magic

hleb_ster

true, but how long will it take to weave his magic, hopefully as quick as the rosicky deal if he is planning something!

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom