• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30 | ESPN

Bossa

Established Member
I think that we should play the same team against Sunderland. Never change a winning team.

If TV is available he could play instead of Kos.

Arsenal in Aus

TheLoneFalcon said:
My ideal line-up, fitness-permitting.

------------------Almunia------------------

-Sagna----Koscielny--Verms----Clichy-

--------------------Song-------------------

---------Wilshere--------------------------

-----------------------Fabregas------------

----------------Arshavin-------------------

----Rosicky------------------------Vela----

----------------Chamack--------------------
I wish we were allowed to field that lineup!!! :D

TomasCR

Established Member
It's quite hard to choose the ideal XI because we're coming to a period when 3 games a week will be played so Wenger will always have an eye on players' overall fitness now when we can actually rotate. I wouldn't be afraid to give Wilshere one more game alongside Fabregas with Rosicky coming back for Nasri but I would understand if Wilshere was benched. Don't know about Rosicky but I believe he didn't play for a reason yesterday, we'll see.

KY

Established Member
Arsenal in Aus said:
TheLoneFalcon said:

brings a whole new meaning to the term 12th man. :p

taylor314gh

Re: Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30

Lord Dula said:
you like starting these threads dont ya ooh!

i shall be in orlando so will have to find some pub or stream for this

just 3 points no matter how we get 'em will do me!

What part of Orlando? i live there, a few good pubs depending on where you are.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Although Cana is not there anymore and Cattermole is suspended, I am sure that fat **** Bruce will find someone to kick us out throughout the game.

3-1 for us
Chamakh, Fabregas, Arshavin

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Don't think we need to change anything, but maybe Denilson will come in for Wilshere

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30

IBL said:
AnthonyG said:
IBL said:
does anyone know if this is on TV?
arsenal.com says it's on ESPN. I'll put it in the title.
cool, cheers
Yes, well, no worries. It's actually supposed to be par for course to put the U.K. TV coverage in the title, but with the random riff-raff we have starting match threads these days one can never be too sure. :wink:

ricky1985

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Thanks Wembley. It's solved the problem for me, after a bit of fiddling around. For those struggling, here's what I did (in Windows Vista);

1. Open Notepad (in accessories), with administrator privileges.

2. Open file C drive > Windows > System 32 > Drivers > Open "etc" folder. Change filter to show all files, not just text documents, and then open "hosts" file.

3. Add (copy and paste) this line at the bottom of the page (the first blank line);

127.0.0.1 openx.playlaads.com

* Note Wembley's post above had the "l" missing from "laads" and that stopped it working for me. So make sure you spell it as I have above.

4. Save the file.

5. Then repair your internet connection, as it will show "Local Access Only" after you modify the file.

Should work fine after that, it has for me.
This fixes the problem of the forum running slowly. Unfortunately it's easily missed in the "Help and Suggestions" forum, so I thought I'd post it here.

The slow speed was driving me mad earlier.

Nela

Established Member
Vermaelen will be out until the West Brom game, so Squilaci and Koscielny it is.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Still no Vermaelen....

Thomas Vermaelen is also pencilled in to return against the Baggies however his recovery is less advanced. The Belgian has been out with an Achilles injury since the international break.

Link

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
KY said:
Arsenal in Aus said:
TheLoneFalcon said:

brings a whole new meaning to the term 12th man. :p

_41069975_embarrassed_203.jpg

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Yes, well, no worries. It's actually supposed to be par for course to put the U.K. TV coverage in the title, but with the random riff-raff we have starting match threads these days one can never be too sure. :wink:
:eek:ops: I was in a hurry so I left out the last part as I was beaten to it when I made the original one in the lobby. Speaking of the lobby that one is ESPN-less too!

Some people need to remember too we have the CC this week - so I think Vela may start there but not here unfortunately.

MAK 14

Established Member
It's crucial that we don't drop points here. I'd like to see the same team as last night, except Vela for Nasri. Someone like Vela will offer us more penetration and directness against Sunderland than Nasri or Rosicky; and I feel that's exactly what we're going to need to beat them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One thing, as many alluded to, is that we have the momentum and confidence at the moment. This counts for something with our style of play.

However, Sunderland have confidence too based on the past and this is where we need to be very careful. Potential "complacency" from us combined with them wanting to bring us back to earth combined with it being three days later could turn this into a nightmare fixture.

We need to focus, be prepared for the physicality and take this as a new challenge when the game begins.

We will either win this one well or lose it by a narrow margin.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Im not trying to be negative by saying this, but I really hope we are prepared for the first lull or negative result of the season. We are a momentum team and its key we break this sort of mindset within the squad, and yes it can be broken.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom