• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30 | ESPN

dreamLord

Established Member
^That's it. I refuse to agree with people who say Rosicky ALWAYS had a poor technique at finishing. He used to have a pretty sweet strike on him. He's just been out of the game way too long.

fabo

6.51 / 10
His shooting is overrated though, based on a few strikes half a decade ago.

IIRC Rosicky scored a pen against us for Dortmund.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Gutted with the result.

I thought we were going to grind out a 1-0 away to a tricky opponent with 10 men. Squillaci and Koscielny were excellent and while the overall team performance was poor, it seemed we had done enough. Would have been a terrific three points but now its a missed opportunity and the pressure will really be on when we visit Stamford Bridge.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I simply think Tomas is not a great finisher. I like him, and I think he's a very good player, but he's just not a good finisher. He's extremely competent in many areas of football, but unfortunately finishing is not his forte.

Proof

Established Member
albakos said:
Chamakh should learn how to kill those chances through a simple chip from Vela.
As a 26 year-old striker, you are far from the time of learning how to finish a 1v1 situation. Although, he could slighty improve his finishing, but nothing more.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
fabo said:
His shooting is overrated though, based on a few strikes half a decade ago.

Ye I think it is. He has a few absolute screamers in his locker but most of the time he doesn't strike the ball that cleanly.

dreamLord

Established Member
It's been horrible ever since he came back from his lay off - that's true. I remember his attempt against Barca at Nou - hit the corner flag if i'm not wrong. However the point is that it wasn't always like this.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think the result on its own is poor.

Nasri or Chamakh should have taken the penalty. Why Rosicky would take it I don't know. It's really annyoing for me that they received instructions for penalties ad they were disregarded...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
caldeltatrojan said:
What a gut punch. Really strange game and a horrible way to end it. Rosicky has to finish off the penalty and that's the difference. When you are protecting a one goal lead, this is what can happen. Shocking defending on the goal.

Almunia has been outstanding so far. I hope he keeps this up and continues to prove me wrong.
I don't like him, but you have to give him full credit for it. Other that the Pool game, he is solid throughout. I know we haven't face top teams where his fumbles always make the difference, but currently I see good signs to where he is going.

dreamLord said:
This is the 3rd 1 on 1 that I recall Chamakh not burying - going to cost us against Chelsea and United if Arshavin and Chamakh finish the way they're doing.
Chamakh should have round the keeper instead of trying a Henry style, finishing is clearly not his forte but he is doing quite well this season so I am not worried. Similarly with Arshavin, he finishes some brilliantly, he misses some. Thats football, nothing to do with their finishing.

I think Rozza's finshing has been hit and miss. He scored one superb goal for us against Bolton last season, but missed far easier chances this season.

kel varnsen

Established Member
arshavin's finishing was really off as well yesterday. he had three decent chances and bottled all of them. chamack missed a good chance as well.

it just feels so damn typical. even though we had a terrible game last night, we should have still won it quite comfortably. several chances missed, a pointless red card, a missed penalty and conceded goal that should have been avoided.

asajoseph

Established Member
The only two things that really bother me about yesterday's game are the way that it finished, and our inability to get the ball down and play in the first half.

Obviously there were a number of individual errors, some poor finishing, and missed chances, but these things will happen. The fact that we were second to everything for the first 45 was deeply worrying though.

giuliob

asajoseph said:
The only two things that really bother me about yesterday's game are the way that it finished, and our inability to get the ball down and play in the first half.

Obviously there were a number of individual errors, some poor finishing, and missed chances, but these things will happen. The fact that we were second to everything for the first 45 was deeply worrying though.
My sentiments.
I just wanted us to get to half time at 0-0. The CBs, Al, saved us.
It's still painful thinking about the 94th-95th minutes. Arsenal was such a stalwart team down to 10 men, showing some steel, and then that disaster.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
im trying to figure out why Clichy didnt just send it out over the touchline, why try to hook it across the pitch to the sideline?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
A big pity that result. We were really on a good foot until that.

Sort of result we have had in the past, but around March that screwed our title chances ... good to get rid of it early.

I have not watched a single game yet ... I am building a hotel in the Caribbean and have no time at all. Nuts.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
USArsenal said:
im trying to figure out why Clichy didnt just send it out over the touchline, why try to hook it across the pitch to the sideline?

Exactly.
He donated Sunderland so many corners throughout the game, and in this situation he didn't.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
USArsenal said:
The only thing I could think of was that he was turned in such a way that his left foot was going in that direction.

IBL

Established Member
hujja said:
Anyone recall Marouane's 1v1 with the keeper?

Thierry would've buried that 10 times out of 10.
lol you're comparing Chamakh to superman Henry. Tbf Chamakh looked pretty leggy at that point, overall he had a pretty good game

Jkreffer

Established Member
Chamakh was impressive yesterday, he led the line really well and showed aspects of his game we havent seen up top in years.

Didn't think football could get me this stroppy though after yesterday, I was absolutely seething.

On the positive side, i genuinly think we havent looked so solid defensively for a long time. Aerially, Squillaci and Koscielny were superb and looked good on the ground as well. If we had held on we would be calling it a masterful defensive display from those two, especially considering how long they have been in the EPL.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom