• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Turkey is beautiful country specially I went there for just week and enjoy it the food weather all perfect

Seems to be a popular destination for people from Europe's colder climates. Never had the pleasure myself, but I have a friend from Norway who visits Alanya two or three times a year. She loves it. And about 25 years ago I went out with a girl from Turkey now and then, so she told me a bit about it. Still seems to be an odd move for Jack, but if that's where he thinks is best for his career I hope he knocks 'em dead.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If true it means it was always primarily about the money. If jack was serious about resurrecting his career, he would have stayed in England or maybe gone to Spain.
Like I said he bottled it. Going out for an easy life and a nice pay day.

Certainly not about challenging himself at a high level or playing his way back into the England squad. Moving to Bouremouth was a clear footballing decision this is the opposite. Disappointed but not surprised.

Like I said he bottled it. Going out for an easy life and a nice pay day.

Certainly not about challenging himself at a high level or playing his way back into the England squad. Moving to Bouremouth was a clear footballing decision this is the opposite. Disappointed but not surprised.

Bit harsh mate.

Maybe he doesn't trust his body anymore and wants to prolong his career as much as he can. Good pay day is also vital for players with his injury history!

Even with that all said he can still see this as a chance to get one last top gig at big club in 1-2 years time if it works out.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Woah, only just heard this, Wilshere in Turkey?

Good luck to him, but blimey he doesnt seem like the type to move abroad, granted I know nothing about him off field but I just cant imagine it working.

If he goes I think he could be back playing in England come January.

Moving a young family abroad is also a huge risk, I imagine being a millionaire makes it a lot easier however..

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
A guy made of glass going to play in a league rife with horror tackles? I like Jack but he really is not the swiftest lad. Best of luck to him, he's going to need it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Istanbul is probably one of the few places he could move in Europe (in terms of what clubs would want him) and get away with speaking English. His girlfriend just had a baby as well so he can go there for three or four years and not have to worry about putting the kid in a school. Still, it’s almost certainly a move that is motivated by money more than anything else.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Istanbul is a beautiful city, no doubt about that - yet, the country with Erdogan is in an unbearable state which makes it absolutely out of all reason for him to move there over other options.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Istanbul is a beautiful city, no doubt about that - yet, the country with Erdogan is in an unbearable state which makes it absolutely out of all reason for him to move there over other options.

Oh, c'mon mate. As if the rest of the world is in an incredible political balance. Brexit, Greek and Italian debt crises, immigration debate, Trump presidency, Syrian war... A top athlete that just stays in a foreign country for a few years, being filthy rich while at it, will have little trouble with the Erdogans of this world. Erdogan wouldn't touch football either way, Turkish clubs doing well makes him and the people proud. Wilshere will be fine once he settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom