• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Istanbul is a beautiful city, no doubt about that - yet, the country with Erdogan is in an unbearable state which makes it absolutely out of all reason for him to move there over other options.
Its not erdogan fault that majority Turkish people love him. Coup d'etat failed because Turkish people love him. Anyway apart from his antics turkey is such beautiful country

el_gibor

Like I said he bottled it. Going out for an easy life and a nice pay day.

Certainly not about challenging himself at a high level or playing his way back into the England squad. Moving to Bouremouth was a clear footballing decision this is the opposite. Disappointed but not surprised.
Easy life? The fans will be calling for his head if he doesn’t perform and the team fail to win the league.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Like I said he bottled it. Going out for an easy life and a nice pay day.

Certainly not about challenging himself at a high level or playing his way back into the England squad. Moving to Bouremouth was a clear footballing decision this is the opposite. Disappointed but not surprised.
The easy option was always either West Ham or Palace. Jack burnt the England bridge under Southgate with social media reaction last month.

Why not win stuff, play in Europe & get paid in Turkey. If it all clicks can get a good move out of it. In his position its a no brainer to pick a club that plays in CL frequently & challenges for League titles... A way of saving face rather than dropping down the league.

If Emery flops & Jack has a good couple of seasons for all we know he could end up back here.

benjamin86

Established Member
I would have nothing against Chambers being 3rd choice behind Sokratis and Benatia, Mustafi has to go though, total calamity of a defender.
I'd think Emery will want to see him in preseason first to see if he's fixable?

I would have thought he'd want to see Chambers in preseason as well tbh.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mustafi isn't going anywhere. And If people are willing to give Chambers a chance under the manager then Mustafi also deserves a chance to improve. Remember he is only 26.

Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Mavropanos, Holding and then Koscielny back in December/new year.

Only one likely to leave is Holding on loan in my opinion. Our starting CB's will be Mustafi and Sokratease.

i'm not against seeing how Leno - Sokratis - Mustafi goes as a 3.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Assumed more change in defence & midfield. Even ripped up.

Emerys tactics going to have to be immense & the Uruguay kid hit the ground running.

He could be overestimating the talent in this group.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If we keep Chambers and sell Mustafi we are horrible in terms of speed at the back.

Not the biggest fan of Mustafi either but he has all the tools to be a crack, if the right coach hits the right tunes with him.
Mustafi is pretty good except for his horrible horrible shockers.

If a new coach can work that out, he's the best of our CBs, as crazy as it may seem. That being said, it also speaks volumes of our overall quality of CBs :lol:

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Emerys tactics going to have to be immense & the Uruguay kid hit the ground running.

If we end up with Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, and Torreira, I can see why that isn't enough change. But what if we get, say, Banega and a winger as well? Then that should be the absolute limit. We cannot renovate the entire starting eleven within one summer, adding 6-7 potential starters and whatnot.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we end up with Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, and Torreira, I can see why that isn't enough change. But what if we get, say, Banega and a winger as well? Then that should be the absolute limit. We cannot renovate the entire starting eleven within one summer, adding 6-7 potential starters and whatnot.
I guess but with Koscielny out till Christmas & assuming Hector is first choice looking like a back four of Hector-Chambers-Sokratis-Monreal with two of the same midfield again in front. We all know how bad they were away from home or vs teams that pressed.

So much on Torreira even with Banega + a winger.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I guess but with Koscielny out till Christmas & assuming Hector is first choice looking like a back four of Hector-Chambers-Sokratis-Monreal with two of the same midfield again in front. We all know how bad they were away from home or vs teams that pressed.

So much on Torreira even with Banega + a winger.

I would say, so much on Emery! It isn't going to be an easy ride. Hopefully he lifts everyone to their best.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

That's a lot of change though. You have to keep some of the old for stability plus there's no point in signing a new LB. We've signed a keeper, RB, CB and CDM that's 4 out of the 6 possible changes we could've made in the defence and CDM spots. Pretty ruthless if you ask me!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

He could be overestimating the talent in this group
I don't think that is it. I think he backs himself to get the more than the max out of this squad and I am fine with that... provided he comes at least close to it.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

MealyRaggedAss-size_restricted.gif

@Juan Matas Beard

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We haven't had a proper link to a player since the WC started. Torreira, Sokratis, and Leno were done and dusted before the tournament started pretty much. The RB who's name I can't spell was done even before that. Way too much paper talk right now. I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom