• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The 2015/16 Transfer Window: A Review

How would you rate the 2015/16 transfer window (out of 5)?

• Total voters

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The squad cost thread bugged me a bit tbh, I found it disingenuous and it has been done to death.

It's essentially an elaborate Wenger circle jerk with Makingtrax denying it when someone calls him out on it.

This one, whilst not my style to look back in regret, is at least well thought out and kinda pinpoints where the club went wrong. I could go in-depth about why I didn't buy bitcoin when it was $50 in 2010 explaining why I am not a billionaire today- but I would rather look to the future. I am sure Wenger did his best with what he had.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The squad cost thread bugged me a bit tbh, I found it disingenuous and it has been done to death.

It's essentially an elaborate Wenger circle jerk with Makingtrax denying it when someone calls him out on it.

This one, whilst not my style to look back in regret, is at least well thought out and kinda pinpoints where the club went wrong. I could go in-depth about why I didn't buy bitcoin when it was $50 in 2010 explaining why I am not a billionaire today- but I would rather look to the future. I am sure Wenger did his best with what he had.

I wasn’t doing it out of regret necessarily, was more thinking that we always rate a transfer window as soon as it’s done.

Really though you need many years to then look back over everything and evaluate it properly.

Five years is an arbitrary selection but by then you can mostly judge it with a cooler head.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Looking at in in writing it just looked like a horror show tbh.

I agree, I did one last season for 2014 and I want to write one every year.

We’re probably in the dark days now but things start to get a bit better soon. Sort of.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's not as if we even went on a full blown assault, we didn't even bring the graphs up. Others posted them and we commented on them. It's not like I said "this graph shows Arteta should be sacked on the spot", I just felt like it highlighted some concerns. But I definitely emphasised that things could improve in some of them and I'd see how things go in the coming weeks.
I like how I posted the graphs but others are getting attacked for it. I posted them because it's interesting how perception can change based on the circumstances, all the underlying metrics in 15/16 said the team was performing better than every other club but it didn't really seem like it. Whereas now, the stats don't look great but it feels like things are on the up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like how I posted the graphs but others are getting attacked for it. I posted them because it's interesting how perception can change based on the circumstances, all the underlying metrics in 15/16 said the team was performing better than every other club but it didn't really seem like it. Whereas now, the stats don't look great but it feels like things are on the up.

Thought we looked really good in the first half of 15-16 at least, so I can kinda see how the metrics would look good back then.

I do feel we are getting better this season, but Arteta has to keep improving with the team, as we still have a long way to go.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Graphs like that just tell a simple story. You know the agenda merchants because they hate them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Thought we looked really good in the first half of 15-16 at least, so I can kinda see how the metrics would look good back then.

I do feel we are getting better this season, but Arteta has to keep improving with the team, as we still have a long way to go.
The metrics looked good after 38 games. :(

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The metrics looked good after 38 games. :(
If you go onto understat.com and go to the 2015/16 season and click on expected Goals for, expected goals against and expected points we’re top of every table. Yet our fans campaigned to remove the manager. Go on now and we’re mid table on all of them, yet our fans are really buoyant. Double standards drive me crazy. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If you go onto understat.com and go to the 2015/16 season and click on expected Goals for, expected goals against and expected points we’re top of every table. Yet our fans campaigned to remove the manager. Go on now and we’re mid table on all of them, yet our fans are really buoyant. Double standards drive me crazy. :lol:
It could've all been so different with a CF signing in the summer. 😔

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You really are not big on context, are you? Looking at views and behaviours for when they were held, took place? If you interpret what you are experiencing as "double standard" I promise you your life will be a long line of disappointments with you fellow travellers.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It could've all been so different with a CF signing in the summer. 😔
The fans put too much pressure on Arsène to sign another CF in addition to Giroud, or make any signings apart from Cech, so he got paralyzed and couldn't act on it.

It's a sad thing what fans have done to this club.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You really are not big on context, are you? Looking at views and behaviours for when they were held, took place? If you interpret what you are experiencing as "double standard" I promise you your life will be a long line of disappointments with you fellow travellers.
2015/16 our play was exciting, all our stats were superb in both defence and attack, and we finished 2nd . . . end of story.

Your ‘context’ you want to drag in, if only he’d done this and that he might have won the league etc, is where all the boll*cks arrives. I know you’re big on all this other stuff but it doesn’t interest me bro.

People who play down good stats and big up bad ones with supposed ‘context’ are the ones with an agenda or have been brain washed by what others say.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Even during that period when 50 year old Flamini was starting in midfield?

This is why I don't trust stats!
50 year old Flamini started most weeks after November because our best player, who had few previous problems, got injured for good. The ‘spin’ is strong in you.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Go on now and we’re mid table on all of them, yet our fans are really buoyant. Double standards drive me crazy. :lol:
Double standards are very hard to take but that’s fandom.

Especially if you have a bias for numbers, it’s very difficult.

Riou

50 year old Flamini started most weeks after November because our best player, who had few previous problems, got injured for good. The ‘spin’ is strong in you.

I know he was only starting due to injuries.

But I thought we looked horrendous when I watched us with Ramsey-Flamini in the middle...I imagine the metrics weren't that good during the 10 or so games that was our midfield.

This wasn't me criticising Arsène, I know his hand was forced with no Santi or Coquelin at that point.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Double standards are very hard to take but that’s fandom.

Especially if you have a bias for numbers, it’s very difficult.
It’s not just fandom though, people in the US and the UK have elected proven liars to lead their countries. There’s more to it. At least half the population seem to be totally irrational. :lol:

Riou

Was this when Leicester won the league?

Are you telling me Giroud cost us a PL title?

Giroud and Arteta, tbf.

Mikel was directly responsible for us dropping 5 points, add that to Oli's drought...and it's pretty obvious who Arsène should point the shotgun at.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom