• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti Ribery and Co. Campaign (The ARCC)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThoss

I've just lost a lot of respect for Ribery... Why the hell would he go to Germany? Short of playing with Werder or someone. I understand playing for Real has appeal (not if I was in the game, but if your name is Jose). I can understand swapping France for Italy. But going to Munich? Meh. Rather just stay at Marseille another season.

Gunner87

This is incredible! I really don't get it!

1. Ribery tells everyone that he doesn't want to play in the German league. He prefers the English and the Spanish.

2. His agent says that he doesn't want to play for Bayern and likes the Spanish league.

3. Than there is this ****ing today where Hoeness and Diouf meet together and have nearly a done deal.

4. Diouf mentioned that there is a mistery english club interested in Ribery aswell

FFS i really don't understand this whole story! It can't be Riberys intention to join Bayern INSTEAD of Arsenal who have Wenger, Henry, Gallas, Clichy FFS!! Money can't be the reason. I've followed Ribery also as a human and he is a shy person, but very frendly. Perhaps a little bit dump, but a really likeable person. Everyone says here he is greedy etc. but that is just rubbish!

Perhaps Wenger has slept since Saturday and doesn't read the media, but if he wants to sign him, then he should act as qucikly as he can!

I really couldn't see who Wenger would buy this summer as top top class player. Quaresma? Are you having a laugh? Another ***** from Portugal who needs 3 years until he adapts to the Premiership? And Quaresma wouldn't settle in as good as Ribery, that is for sure!

What a ****ing sad day that is! I only hope to awake tomorrow with a shocking U turn news about Ribery!

Otherwise I see one hell of a frustrating summer where I would love to kill myself!

Gunner87

But is this a possibility:

We want to pay less than 17m £
Bayern 17 m £

But Ribery wants to join us. Can Marseille say to Ribery he has to join Bayern because they bid more? I mean at the end of the day it's Ribery's decision, isnt it? So it doesn't matter how much we bid. IF we bid, we'll get him anyway.

Highbury93

Gunner87 said:

Bayern 17 m £

But Ribery wants to join us. Can Marseille say to Ribery he has to join Bayern because they bid more? I mean at the end of the day it's Ribery's decision, isnt it? So it doesn't matter how much we bid. IF we bid, we'll get him anyway.

Did he say he wanted to join us?

Unkmengani

Don't want Ribery, said it on the other thread, should have been on here!

Ribery is way too overhyped like his price tag will be. He is hardly prolific, has moved about on loan for ages and was a great prospect (like a certain Alliadiere was). Do we wanna spend most, if not all our budget on him? he scores about as many as Hleb does.

How do I sign up for this petition thing then?

Gunner87

Highbury93 said:
Gunner87 said:

Bayern 17 m £

Did he say he wanted to join us?

Well last year we were definitely his Number 1 destination. He said that to a Georgian TV channel after the France game there in Georgia. He said that he would have liked to join us, but unfortunately it didn't happen (Of course it didn't happen because of Diouf who desperately wanted him at Marseille for one more season.)

Sigun

Personally I believe we really need a good winger and Ribery seems to fit the bill with skill and strength which could adapt to the league well.

Either Marseille are using Bayern to up the price, or Wenger has no intention to bring Ribery to Arsenal and has another playing in mind who will cost a lot.

Take your pick from the other linked players: Tevez, Queresma, Babel, Eto, Nasri, Rosina, Gomis.

OR he just has total confidence in Walcott.

Spanish Byron

This is incredible! I really don't get it!

1. Ribery tells everyone that he doesn't want to play in the German league. He prefers the English and the Spanish.

2. His agent says that he doesn't want to play for Bayern and likes the Spanish league.

3. Than there is this f****g today where Hoeness and Diouf meet together and have nearly a done deal.

4. Diouf mentioned that there is a mistery english club interested in Ribery aswell

exactly. totally bizarre deal. I can only think that Bayern are the only ones who have bid for him (the right amount).

The clock is ticking. I still believe if we are to bid for him before Thurs we could get him. The question really is now, how much does AW want him?

evidently, at present, not very much!

Gunner87

Yes, I think this is the most plausible theory. Let's just wait tomorrow and wednesday, before we will know for sure on thursday. Could get exciting again.

Highbury93

Gunner87 said:
Yes, I think this is the most plausible theory. Let's just wait tomorrow and wednesday, before we will know for sure on thursday. Could get exciting again.

I have the same feeling. Remember Baptista last year, deja vu?

Gunner87

Highbury93 said:
Gunner87 said:

I have the same feeling. Remember Baptista last year, deja vu?

Yes, but Baptista i think was more a rush deal to give Reyes finally the exit.

Spanish Byron

strangely this transfer deal reminds me of the sol to arsenal deal... we came out of no-where and snapped him up... looking the most likely way to get Ribery now

Unkmengani

Ribery will NOT sign for Arsenal. I will bet with anyone on here, just send my winnings to my paypal account, thanks.

What will he bring to AFC that would justify such a huge investment?

Answers on the back of a stamp to the following address....

Spanish Byron

What will he bring to AFC that would justify such a huge investment?

you obviously havent seen how much we lack pace in our team... I know henry, walcott and others are fast runners...I mean fast dribblers, thinkers. Ribery is both of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom