• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti Ribery and Co. Campaign (The ARCC)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Thats right! Ive had enough! I I know that I keep complaining about these so called world class players but I cant help it!. I said I wouldnt make a post about this but i couldnt help myself no more because the matter is getting ridiculous.
The amount of times ive heard Ribery and co. mentioned in just about every thread is p*ssing me off. I will continue to express my hate, mostly on the biggest culprits:

Ribery - gets on my nerves the way people rate him so highly and some people havent even seen him play!!!(Except for the world cup). I have seen him play and he is not that great. He is also as just as injury prone as everyone else in the squad. Why the hell do we need him?!?

Abidal- Over Cliche? are you beig serious?? Unless hes willing to be back up for our no.1 left back, he can p*ss off. :x

Queresma- I dont know much about this guy and havent seen him play too often. He gets mentioned everytime Ribery comes up though. So guilty by association!!! :evil:

I am not saying that they wont be nice additions to our squad, but from what I know, they wont offer nothing that we already have and I would hate to see good players who are settling in our squad get replaced by these clowns. (Mainly Rosick/Hleb/Cliche)
Untill there is a more substance to the transfer rumors, or if Arsenal Actually sign these players, the Anti Ribery and co. campaign is in full effect! (The ARCC)

itchap

Hear, Hear! Ribery is useless. But Hleb is never gonna cut the mustard. Play Rosicky on the right with Theo backing him up and buy the speedy, free scoring, left peg Malouda with Ljungberg backing him up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Im glad you see my point about Ribery...

Artoo

I too want to join the anti-ribery club!!! :lol:

The stupidity of some Arsenal fans never cease to amaze me, especially with Abidal.

i'm just bored with RIbery. Its the same on the f365 board. The Ribery loving is just as bad over there.

dendito

As a ribery fa myself i wont enter the discussion about him.

However, i understand the point that it it good dreaming about your favourites players playing at the emirates but there is anoher thing which is the reality. We will get plenty of transfer rumours when the season will be over and i believe AW will give us a few surprises.As he always does...

(i didn't know much about Reyes when he signed him and i live in SPAIN :S)

But knowing AW, i doubt he will bring any of the big players everyone are talking about (Eto'o, Kaka, Robinho, ...).

Keep dreaming about them players as i do myself but i think AW has other plans and you know what?.... I TRUST HIM AND I KNOW HE WILL DO THE RIGHT THINGS FOR THE CLUB!!!

MonkeyRed

Well said my son!

I too am getting bored of the incessant talk of how great these, frankly unproven, players are.

Ribery - he is good, but not good enough to get wood.

Abidal!!! Get a grip. Cliche is the new cole (who we used to say was the worlds no 1 for god sake!) except without the attitude..

I just think it's "grass is greener" syndrome....get rid of him, buy him...he's no good, Abidal's brilliant (hahahaha - laughable).

We do need a couple, but we've got some great players and all bought for next to nothing. How many of our players would we buy again for the same money? Honestly? All of them (except Reyes).

So we're doing ok. :)

polaris sc

psycho_the_gooner said:
Thats right! Ive had enough! I I know that I keep complaining about these so called world class players but I cant help it!. I said I wouldnt make a post about this but i couldnt help myself no more because the matter is getting ridiculous.
The amount of times ive heard Ribery and co. mentioned in just about every thread is p*ssing me off. I will continue to express my hate, mostly on the biggest culprits:

Ribery - gets on my nerves the way people rate him so highly and some people havent even seen him play!!!(Except for the world cup). I have seen him play and he is not that great. He is also as just as injury prone as everyone else in the squad. Why the hell do we need him?!?

Abidal- Over Cliche? are you beig serious?? Unless hes willing to be back up for our no.1 left back, he can p*ss off. :x

Queresma- I dont know much about this guy and havent seen him play too often. He gets mentioned everytime Ribery comes up though. So guilty by association!!! :evil:

I am not saying that they wont be nice additions to our squad, but from what I know, they wont offer nothing that we already have and I would hate to see good players who are settling in our squad get replaced by these clowns. (Mainly Rosick/Hleb/Cliche)
Untill there is a more substance to the transfer rumors, or if Arsenal Actually sign these players, the Anti Ribery and co. campaign is in full effect! (The ARCC)

So if not Ribery who do you suggest?
Queresma is a good player but can blow hot and cold, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHEh4UAA ... %2Einfo%2F
but have a look at the youtube thats some goal he got last week

ribery is 100 times better than malouda, and if u watch quaresma you might see why everyone wont stop goin on about him. mainly because he is the only world class winger at a small club.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well like MonkeyRed pointed out. It seems to be the "grass is greener" syndrome. Are we even linked to Queresma?? I wonder if his price is as inflated as Scarface'.
But like i said about Queresma, i dont know much of the guy, its just that whenever Ribery is mentioned, hes not too far behind. And he also gets mentioned more than some of the players currently in the squad. Would like to see more of him to make more solid opinions but i doubt a couple of clips from you tube will suffice. Clips are often bias and make players look like Gods. Its like one Rooney clip i saw, the clips doesnt reflect his inconsistant performances, they just stringed some of his best stuff. Same with one Reyes clip, my gosh! i dont remember him playing like that! Maybe because they failed to include all the times he spent on the floor eating grass, and gathered all the clips from 3 of his best games.

Support the ARCC!

itchap

speedyQuaresma said:
ribery is 100 times better than malouda, and if u watch quaresma you might see why everyone wont stop goin on about him. mainly because he is the only world class winger at a small club.

Malouda Stats:
Ligue 1 Lyon P 20(5) G 7
Euro 2008 Qualifiers France P 5(0) G 1
Champions League Lyon P 7(0) G 3
Total P 32(5) G 11

Ribery Stats:
Ligue 1 Marseille P 18(0) G 3
Euro 2008 Qualifiers France P 4(0) G 0
UEFA Cup Marseille P 1(1) G 0
Total P 23(1) G 3

Quaresma Stats:
bwin LIGA - Época FC Porto P20(0) G 6
Champions League FC Porto P8(0) G 2
Euro 2008 Qualifiers Portugal P 1(0) G 1
Total P 29(0) G 9

Looks to me like Malouda plays more often, never gets injured and scores double figures for a winger - Just what we're looking for!

missgoooner

I´m joining the "no to ribery and abidal" club but am somewhat undecided on quaresma. For two reasons:
1.haven´t seen him play that much. 3 games + youtube clips. not enough really.
2.from what I have seen, he has moments of sheer brilliance but can be uninvolved for long periods of time. 2nd leg vs chelsea is a good example of that.

having said that, he is still nr 1 on my wingers wishlist. there aren´t that many quality wingers out there right now. of the ones that are there, many are unlikely to move (robben, ronaldo, mancini), at least not to arsenal. and although not the finished article, he does have those moments of brilliance that we have been lacking. he might turn out as reyes, wanting to run back to a spanish team soon but might as well learn and become brilliant for us.

stuart

Established Member
*thinks of ways to disrupt thread*

Ribery is immense, really like him!
Great player.

To be honest i dont have the time or the patience to watch French football so i really cant judge Ribery or Abidal. I have only seen them a few times which isn't enough to pass judgement. If we bid over£10 million for either it is very possible they will be **** giving our history!

On Abidal, i thought he was primarily a LB but has he changed to a winger or what? There is no way he is better than Clichy

itchap

I rather have Abi Titmus at left back than Abidal. I'd also like to have her in other positions too, but i'll leave that thread for another day ;-)

Gocklosaurus

Am i the only one who thinks Clichy is BETTER then Cole is? He looks faster, sharper and has a higher workrate! I don`t know any better!

Perhaps Traore will be very good to, he has a great technique and the other skills of Clichy.

Come on, you can`t deny Ribery`s quality. Sure there is a hype about him, but he is quite good and would be a great addition to any club.

Malouda i like very much, he is just great Imo! Damn france has that many superb football players...!

And stop mourning around about Hleb! If you don`t have a clue => stfu! It`s always the same, Wenger knows better, not you guys sitting on your ass in front of your TV or elsewhere! I wouldn`t give Hleb away! Don`t always blame players cause they have a tough time, like you guys were shouting for Freddie to leave, sell Thierry....!
BULLSHIT!

itchap

Gocklosaurus said:
Am i the only one who thinks Clichy is BETTER then Cole is? He looks faster, sharper and has a higher workrate! I don`t know any better!

Perhaps Traore will be very good to, he has a great technique and the other skills of Clichy.

Come on, you can`t deny Ribery`s quality. Sure there is a hype about him, but he is quite good and would be a great addition to any club.

Malouda i like very much, he is just great Imo! Damn france has that many superb football players...!

And stop mourning around about Hleb! If you don`t have a clue => stfu! It`s always the same, Wenger knows better, not you guys sitting on your ass in front of your TV or elsewhere! I wouldn`t give Hleb away! Don`t always blame players cause they have a tough time, like you guys were shouting for Freddie to leave, sell Thierry....!
BULLSHIT!

First of all, Clichy and Traore need to learn how to defend, Traore was skined by Aaron Lennon and A. Roben and Clichy isn't much better at cutting out crosses into the box.

As for Hleb, he'll never stop giving the ball away, holding up play and driffing out of position. I'm telling you, someday he'll be the death of some arsenal fan with a weak heart.

Gocklosaurus

Clichy defends quite good, he doesn`t waste any time and strikes pretty fast to get the ball away! I don`t see any difference to Cole! Traore is young, but allready impressive, he has to learn, true!

Robben`s dribbling are great, everytime i see a Chelsea game the guy who defends against him looks BAD! doesn`t matter who. Imo only a good dribbler with good technique can stop a dribbler with good technique! It happens not very often you play such an opponent, but clichy will handle this, like Eboue did - just remember him killing of ****naldo... :)!

GoonerBairn

I'll join!

Because who wants to bet that if they do join we'll be sat around next season discussing who we'd like to replace them after they fail to adapt/make a few mistakes/don't score six goals a match.

Like someone above said, the grass is always greener.

itchap

YES HE DID!! Eboue was brilliant that day but for Clichy to become a world class left back he needs to be able to stop wingers like cashley and dixon did, wingers like Ronaldo and Ginola never got a sniff off those boys!

Gocklosaurus

As i said, you need to play against such guys, otherwise you do not know how to stop them, i dont know much such types who have lots of pace and supreme dribbling. Best would be to loan Robben for the summer break and let Traore + Clichy battle him.

Clichy is able to stop pacy players like Thierry, cause he is used to it from training. But he will get to know it by time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom