• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti Ribery and Co. Campaign (The ARCC)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I also agree cliche is good, and has been one of our consistant performers this season (has he ever got an Arsenal player of the month award this season?). I also think Traore is talented but not ready for the league. I would like decent back up for cliche, incase he gets injured for long periods of time. If Abidal is willing to do that than hes more than welcome to join. But he doesnt, and wont settle for anything less than first team place. I also think that he wants to play for Barcelona.

itchap

I hope so, because if clichy can improve that side of his game, you are then looking at a left back with the whole package.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

O yeh, i would just like to bring up a time (our last match against man u) when Christiano (considered best in the world atm by most) was completly nullified by clichy, so he had to switch to the other side and couldnt get past Eboue. Then he got Subbed!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :D
Just had to bring it up...

Support the ARCC

Gocklosaurus

We have Gallas...! he can play on the left if needed! We need a central defender! (we got no one except from Senderos (he does it supreme, i often se him ping-ponging with the whole enemy team...) who wins the headers!)

Yeah, great game ****naldo, ****ing asshole, always waiting up front to do some good looking tricks and play against inferior defenders who can`t handle him - best in the world? never! He never helps his team at the back, but he isn`t a striker! he is just a blinder!

Gocklosaurus said:
We have Gallas...! he can play on the left if needed! We need a central defender! (we got no one except from Senderos (he does it supreme, i often se him ping-ponging with the whole enemy team...) who wins the headers!)

We got no central defenders other than Senderos? Then what are Gallas, Toure and Djourou? Ball boys? You've got to be kidding.

As for this thread, I don't really watch other leagues other than the EPL, because well, they aren't shown where I'm from, so I can't comment much on these players. But my gut feeling is that it is a grass is greener thing like has been mentioned, and that they while they probably will be good additions, I don't think they are as necessarily as others say.

missgoooner

missgoooner said:
I´m joining the "no to ribery and abidal" club but am somewhat undecided on quaresma. For two reasons:
1.haven´t seen him play that much. 3 games + youtube clips. not enough really.
2.from what I have seen, he has moments of sheer brilliance but can be uninvolved for long periods of time. 2nd leg vs chelsea is a good example of that.

having said that, he is still nr 1 on my wingers wishlist. there aren´t that many quality wingers out there right now. of the ones that are there, many are unlikely to move (robben, ronaldo, mancini), at least not to arsenal. and although not the finished article, he does have those moments of brilliance that we have been lacking. he might turn out as reyes, wanting to run back to a spanish team soon but might as well learn and become brilliant for us.

damn! just as I had written this, comes quaresma and ruins everything :evil:

Porto ace Ricardo Quaresma has left the door open to a move to Spain's La Liga. The Portuguese international was linked with a move to Atletico Madrid during the January transfer window, but the deal fell apart due to Porto's asking price.

But the former Barcelona player remains a big fan of the Spanish league and has not ruled out the possibility of rekindling a deal with Atleti.

"It is flattering that Atletico is interested in me and no-one knows what can happen in the future," he told As. "But I am very calm at Porto, where we're doing good things.

"The Spanish Liga is fantastic. It's possibly the best in the world, that's why everyone wants to play there," he added. "Could I play there? Anything is possible."

itchap said:
speedyQuaresma said:
ribery is 100 times better than malouda, and if u watch quaresma you might see why everyone wont stop goin on about him. mainly because he is the only world class winger at a small club.

Malouda Stats:
Ligue 1 Lyon P 20(5) G 7
Euro 2008 Qualifiers France P 5(0) G 1
Champions League Lyon P 7(0) G 3
Total P 32(5) G 11

Ribery Stats:
Ligue 1 Marseille P 18(0) G 3
Euro 2008 Qualifiers France P 4(0) G 0
UEFA Cup Marseille P 1(1) G 0
Total P 23(1) G 3

Quaresma Stats:
bwin LIGA - Época FC Porto P20(0) G 6
Champions League FC Porto P8(0) G 2
Euro 2008 Qualifiers Portugal P 1(0) G 1
Total P 29(0) G 9

Looks to me like Malouda plays more often, never gets injured and scores double figures for a winger - Just what we're looking for!

I agree that Malouda is a better prospect than Ribery. I've always liked him. We need more emphasis on production and less on flash. I don't know how well he'd do in this league under Wenger, but for what would probably be a similar price tag I'd prefer him.

curtland

So the overall feeling is that we could use new players, but no player is good enough to play for us?

:D

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I guess Maybe the team could do with a new signing or two. But personally i think the squad is just fine as it is. Its not like theres a vast amount of players in the market who offer anything different to players we already have. I just dont like how Arsenal fans are hyping Ribery to be the answer to all of Arsenals problems, like hes gonna score 30 goals a season or something. Even if he does come, they same people begging for him will want him out after 5 weeks when he doesnt live up to the hype (cant believe some people actually want Rosick and Hleb out still confused, Escpecially Rosicky).
The abidal one is just cheeky as we already have a competent left back. So to answer your question Curtland, theres probably a few signings out there for Arsenal. I just got tired of seeing Ribery in every single thread, and being included in most peoples line ups- even though he isnt on our team!
If this ever lasting link to Scarface does actually materialize and does actually join Arsenal then i would probably lay off him.

but untill then
Support the ARCC

highbury_boy

thats why your not arsenal manager
and its clichy
so who would you like to buy then if it's none of these players?
because you cant honestly say "leave it as it is"

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I am inconsistant, When im on point and Wide awake i spell Clichy. When im tired or its late at night then i spell cliche.
But your right, im no World class manager. Thats why i am backing what wenger said about the signing of players, as I am completely on his side on this one.
If theres any world class players who would play on a decent wage then i would welcome them with open arms. Do you know any world class players who wold play far a decent salary? Would Ribery? dont know about that. Would Queresma? (cant spell it) don't look like it, last i heard he wants to play in Spain.
Why try and sign players who dont have Arsenal as first choice?
If they are not playing for our badge and are more concerned about their pay checks or playing for a "bigger club" than they can p*ss off for all i care.

Rosicky is a top class player who came at a bargain- and he even said he was made to come to Arsenal. Hes become one of our most effective players and isnt even settled in yet and people want him out. Confusing. :roll:

Support the ARCC

highbury_boy

i agree that its wrong for people to point fingers at people who have had unlucky first seasons at arsenal with injuries such as rosicky and gallas and they dont diserve the stick that they are recieving. But something has to be done we cannot underachieve every season and say "theres always next year" i know there is always a next year but we have to take our chances of winnig trophies when they come and stop losing silly games that are costing us the league. I'm not saying every season we underperform to create a new team with new buys but to strengthen the team with players that naturally play in their positions, i think this is why Ribery and Quaresma are coming up so frequently. Because as good as Rosicky and Hleb are and how much everybody likes them they are not naturally wingers They are AM's playing a role that they are not used to and cutting in all the time because they are AM's when a w ingers job is to attack the flanks and get a cross in. Im not saying sell hleb or rosicky not even drop them but we seem to go down the middle all the time never down the flanks so at least we have that option if we buy a NATURAL winger.

And no thanks i like ribery

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Just had a thought...maybe i should have included Reyes in the ARCC hitlist :evil: ...A couple people want him back..
or maybe this is coming from lack of sleep...o well.

Support the ARCC

evoh_1

Established Member
ribery isn't a natural winger anyway he likes to snipe around the box and try and beat players and play a pass. quaresma is a better option but le boss will be priced out by other teams so its unlikely we'll see him. I think that alessandro rosina looks prime as a replacement if ljungberg leaves which he will at some point, even looks a little like him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

By the way i agree with some of the points you said Highbury_boy. But on the Ribery matter, i guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree. I just think hes too overated ,over priced and seems to be injury prone- hes not what we need. Id only accept him if he came for cheap, and doesnt cause the departure of Rosicky/Hleb....Hopefully Scarface will get signed by Inter or somthing and maybe people might stop linking him to us. Wouldnt stop some fans though. Please note I am backing him to move to Italy.

Support the ARCC

Gocklosaurus

Man you don`t get it, i said we do not have any central defender who is supreme in the air except from Senderos! When you play Toure + Gallas you get ****ed from guys like Crouch! And as there are a lot of teams who do simply NOT have that much great "technical"/skilled players they go for the cross and the header!

Toure and Gallas are not bad, but not tall enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom