• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The best worst Arsenal season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A__G

...the nostalgia we need right now :lol:

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Riou

The Fabianski game at Wigan was absolutely brutal.

Remember RVP put us up thinking the title was back on only to get it crushed by Rodallega and the boys 😵

It's 2010/2011 for me.

On for like a Quadruple (or at least one ****ing trophy, t the very least) by the end of February, by the end of March we were out of everything :lol:

Riou

2002/2003 was poor too, really should have retained the league that season.

Though at least we did win the cup.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Fabianski game at Wigan was absolutely brutal.

Remember RVP put us up thinking the title was back on only to get it crushed by Rodallega and the boys 😵
I give the club a pass for 09/10 because injuries absolutely killed the season. Even with half a team out, Wenger had them 3 points off top spot with 5 games to go.

The Barcelona CL tie took a lot out of us physically and mentally.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

10/11 has to be up there, there was talk of the quadruple then it was all extinguished in about 3 weeks.

I knew after Birmingham it was done.

Utd were already clear, we had them in the cup and the second leg of Barcelona.

Honestly as soon as Martins scored I knew we’d not win anything.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We’ve had some absolutely comical ones tbh.

Must be a treat to support other clubs, we’re box office entertainment.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was that the season when Theo did his ACL?
That was in 13/14. In 10/11, Fabregas struggled with a hamstring problem that kept him out out the Carling Cup Final and a few other important games that time of the year. He came back to back heel it to Iniesta for their first goal in the second leg of the CL.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The season we came 2nd to Leicester doesn't get spoken about enough tbh.

We had prime Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey and Cazorla. The best defence we have had in years as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I knew after Birmingham it was done.

Utd were already clear, we had them in the cup and the second leg of Barcelona.

Honestly as soon as Martins scored I knew we’d not win anything.
I thought a few days after the Birmingham game, United lost at Stamford Bridge which blew the title race wide open? I remember that was the first time we saw David Luiz go full David Luiz.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

12/13 was pretty brutal. Bradford in the Carling Cup quarters, Blackburn at home in the FA cup quarters as well I think it was. Beat Bayern 2-0 in Munich and still go out.

Wigan and Swansea end up winning the cups FFS.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

That was in 13/14. In 10/11, Fabregas struggled with a hamstring problem that kept him out out the Carling Cup Final and a few other important games that time of the year. He came back to back heel it to Iniesta for their first goal in the second leg of the CL.

Oh, I was still a Leeds fan then.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We had prime Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey and Cazorla. The best defence we have had in years as well.
Wele scoring in the last minute I genuinely thought we’d go and win the league.

Funny lot us.

Riou

2008 wasn't a collapse, imo.

We pretty much gave everything we could, against United's best ever team...and still nearly beat them to the league.

That was pretty commendable from our team then, which was very good but not on United's level at that point anymore.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

@Makingtrax when he sees this:
door smash GIF

Riou

Yeah, 15/16 is probably the most regrettable....****ing Leicester beat us to the title.

Considering the team we had built up to this point, that had just won back to back cups, was very good...even with the injuries, we should have bought better in the windows and won that league.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom