• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The best worst Arsenal season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A__G

...is this the first ever "free hit" season collapse...elite scenes at The Emirates!

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

06-07 was a horrible year as well barring the League Cup run with the kids. That PSV tie was a proper depressing watch, ****ing Gomes playing out his skin in goals. Henry was proper moody as well, felt like the end. Was genuinely so surprised how well we did the following year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@A__G

...is this the first ever "free hit" season collapse...elite scenes at The Emirates!
Actually, I went into 07/08 thinking it was a bit of a free hit. After Henry left, I didn’t really know what to expect especially since Sagna and Eduardo were under the radar signings.

Wasn’t surprised Fabregas and RVP (pre-injury) stepped up but never saw Hleb and Adebayor reaching the levels they did.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought a few days after the Birmingham game, United lost at Stamford Bridge which blew the title race wide open? I remember that was the first time we saw David Luiz go full David Luiz.

Yeah but you just knew we weren’t going to capitalise on it though.

Beating Utd down the stretch was fun though.

Riou

That 08 team was our best team since the invincibles imo

Yeah, it was...but we haven't had a proper world class squad since the stadium move, plus that United team was one of the Prem's best.

We would need one of our squads from 2001-2005, to have an even fight with them.

That 2008 team did incredibly well, to push them as far as they did.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah but you just knew we weren’t going to capitalise on it though.

Beating Utd down the stretch was fun though.
Untitled.jpg

This was after losing a 1-0 lead over Liverpool in 97th minute then a 3-1 lead over Sp**s a few days later. Otherwise, we'd have been 2 points off with just 5 games left and United still to play at home. Of course with little to play for we lost to Bolton, Stoke, Aston Villa and drew against Fulham, but there a real opportunity there still in April.

Riou

Untitled.jpg

This was after losing a 1-0 lead over Liverpool in 97th minute then a 3-1 lead over Sp**s a few days later. Otherwise, we'd have been 2 points off with just 5 games left and United still to play at home. Of course with little to play for we lost to Bolton, Stoke, Aston Villa and drew against Fulham, but there a real opportunity there still in April.

Szcz
Sagna-Kos-Djourou-Clichy
Song-Wilshere
Walcott-Fabregas-Nasri
Van Persie

...how many of the current team, get into the 2010/2011 side anyway?

I count 4, at max...Gabriel, Tierney, Partey and Saka...maybe Arteta really is doing wonders with this current bunch, to have them in a fight for Champions League.

Maybe it's something we should...discuss.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yeah, it was...but we haven't had a proper world class squad since the stadium move, plus that United team was one of the Prem's best.

We would need one of our squads from 2001-2005, to have an even fight with them.

That 2008 team did incredibly well, to push them as far as they did.
Shouldnt have broken up the invincibles too quickly. If highbury was 50+k seater and stayed there, we would have won more imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Szcz
Sagna-Kos-Djourou-Clichy
Song-Wilshere
Walcott-Fabregas-Nasri
Van Persie

I count 4, at max...Gabriel, Tierney, Partey and Saka...maybe Arteta really is doing wonders with this current bunch, to have them in a fight for Champions League.

Saka over Theo? 😯

Riou

Saka over Theo? 😯

I was 50/50 on that one, tbh...deceided to go with Saka, as I didn't want to show too much bias to the 2011 team.

Loved Walcott here from 2010-2014, such an exciting player...unfairly criticized, imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I was 50/50 on that one, tbh...deceided to go with Saka, as I didn't want to show too much bias to the 2011 team.

Loved Walcott here from 2010-2014, such an exciting player...unfairly criticized, imo.

The first half of this was peak Theo Van Nasregas, peak Wengerball…can’t believe they collapsed before halftime and let it get to 3-3

Riou

The first half of this was peak Theo Van Nasregas, peak Wengerball…can’t believe they collapsed before halftime and let it get to 3-3

Always say...that team had a Premiership winning attacking game, but a Europa League level defensive structure.

So we met in the middle, and got Champions League :handshake:

That team should have broke our 2005 trophy drought though.

• Goal

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

It's not even a question about how many would go into that team, but the difference between Fabregas/Xhaka, RVP/Laca, Nasri/Martinelli is too much, and even then we weren't a dominant team. I would only consider Saka, Pepe, and Partey to be good enough to be around that team (not even starters), with BW and Gabriel being the same crap that we've had back then.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom