• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Saturday, 29th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You can argue he spent the last few years trying to sign other before Laca, including Vardy.
He went for Higauin, Suarez and possibly Benzemza, can't blame him for going for the very top bracket of strikers. Vardy was an exception case imo, it was a seemingly straightforward deal to complete with the release clause etc. Welbeck and Lucas were deadline day panic signings to give us numbers, nothing more.

you know better than anyone that if wenger didnt bought a striker there would have been riots after 2 defeats.

he was obligated to make a move for a striker.

again, not saying he is a bad player, he is just not what most people think he is.
Ok, that's fair enough. But this isn't a gamble on just any striker, this is a player that Wenger will have watched for a long time. He's not spending £52m on a player if he doubts their ability to play at the highest level.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He went for Higauin, Suarez and possibly Benzemza, can't blame him for going for the very top bracket of strikers. Vardy was an exception case imo, it was a seemingly straightforward deal to complete with the release clause etc. Welbeck and Lucas were deadline day panic signings to give us numbers, nothing more.

Ok, that's fair enough. But this isn't a gamble on just any striker, this is a player that Wenger will have watched for a long time. He's not spending £52m on a player if he doubts their ability to play at the highest level.
again, im not saying that the guy is not good enough for us, what im saying is that he is going to have big big troubles to impose himself in here and lead the line if Giroud finally stays.
at the moment Giroud is stil our best option.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Lacazette is a fantastic striker. He just needs to be more direct with the ball at this feet. And the best thing about him is his conversion rate, so he wouldn't need too many chances in front of the goal to score. But if I was Wenger I'd still do everything in my power to keep Giroud. He's invaluable to us.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if some of you actually want Lacazette to suceed, or if you've just decided that he's bad.

I think he's a good player, but his first touch does need improving. I'm hoping it;s just nerves of moving to a new club, of playing on the wing, of coming on as a sub.

I'm really hopeful.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wonder if some of you actually want Lacazette to suceed, or if you've just decided that he's bad.

Rule number 1 of A-M. There's quite a portion of people on this site that'll quite happily see players play badly as long as it suites their agenda and they're proven right.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The only reason Giroud is playing right now is to convince Giroud that he can play with Lacazette in order for him to stay. When Alexis returns, Giroud goes straight to the bench with Lacazette starting in the middle.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
there is elite status on Xhaka, if we can make him and Ramsey build a society with continuity we would have the best midfield pairing in the league

Shades of RAWK here. Absolutely bludgeoned at times last season by the likes of Palace and West Brom, then utterly humiliated by Bayern with 35 year old Alonso. We need much more authority than either of these two provide.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Wenger has watched more than both of you combined and he saw fit to spend £50m on him

We spent money on flops before mate.... I truly hope Laca will not be one, but I have seen enough of him not to be overly enthused by the move. If he proves me wrong, I will be delighted but so far my concerns are unchanged.

Fallout

we looked a level ahead of them physically, especially in the 2nd half, but overall i thought our offensive style was very encouraging.

namely, we finally started playing to giroud's strengths. we had quick dribblers either side of him so could make easy lay-offs to players in pockets of space. and we were able to put in several very dangerous balls from wide areas. if we can maintain that style giroud will be in the team ahead of laca.

regarding laca, the game was over by the time he came on, and he knew it. he'll probably be starting tomorrow so i dont think he was really trying too hard. lets see how his inclusion tomorrow affects the style.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nothing can be taken seriously from these games all this is about fitness and improve the understanding

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
we looked a level ahead of them physically, especially in the 2nd half, but overall i thought our offensive style was very encouraging.

namely, we finally started playing to giroud's strengths. we had quick dribblers either side of him so could make easy lay-offs to players in pockets of space. and we were able to put in several very dangerous balls from wide areas. if we can maintain that style giroud will be in the team ahead of laca.

regarding laca, the game was over by the time he came on, and he knew it. he'll probably be starting tomorrow so i dont think he was really trying too hard. lets see how his inclusion tomorrow affects the style.

Good point. Even Özil was very lowkey when he came on.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I didnt see anything wrong with Lacazettes first touch, one long pass he killed the ball instantly and played Kolasinac through, misplaced a couple of passes but thats normal for pre season in a new team, where did this bad first touch idea come from.
And by the way, ive also been watching this guy for years, ever since we got linked with him in 2013, never known him to have a bad first touch.
Hes not a number 10 though, playing deep behind Giroud isnt his game, needs to play right up front, hopefully he does that tomorrow.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Shades of RAWK here. Absolutely bludgeoned at times last season by the likes of Palace and West Brom, then utterly humiliated by Bayern with 35 year old Alonso. We need much more authority than either of these two provide.

There is no doubt that Xhaka got better as the season went on, and was excellent in the cup final. Whether hes the answer long term we ll see this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom