• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Arsenal Board / Takeover etc thread

asajoseph

Established Member
banduan said:
Makes me sad. Wish I was loaded enuff to own one of those beauts.

At current prices, if you bought one of those flats you'd be getting ripped off. Give it a couple of years, and they'll start to hit the market again - you'll get a massive markdown on what they're currently being sold for.

Anyway, doesn't say a great deal beyond what's already been published in the financial reports, beyond giving at least one tangible step that the club has taken to mitigate the risk they're currently facing. As Stu correctly said, until that money's in the bank, it's not a sure-fire bet by any means. It could be starting start to make sense to a lot of people to default on their deposits right about now.

It's a case of 'watch-this-space' for the next 3-6 months, I think.

Josh23

It's worth bearing in mind that the flats weren't priced at the peak of the market, but a year or so earlier. They can slip back a bit before they even get back to that level; add that to the fairly large deposits, and I don't think anyone is voluntarily walking away from their purchase. There may be a few people who can't get the loan they were counting on to complete.

hesham

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1105&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/inde ... eturnid=42</a>

Arsenal shares being traded

asajoseph

Established Member
Who had 48 shares to sell?

Who bought them at 10.48 a.m. for £374,400 ?

Someone who was struggling to raise a mortgage for one of the Highbury Square appartments?

The irony would almost make it worthwhile...

asajoseph

Established Member
You wouldn't trade across an exchange if you were simply giving your shares to a family member, and I'd bet that's where Myles has got his information from.

hackajack

Established Member
I think they still have to notify the exchange since shares are publicly traded. Hopefully it's Stan taking a few off one of the board's mates.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom