• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Arsenal Board / Takeover etc thread

junialum

Just saw it on Arsenal.com and he's leaving due to differences with the board members.

What in the world is going on? Could it be due to the fact we snubbed an American buyer?

xxxxxx

It's definitely to do with the American. He doesn't believe in selling his share to the American. I think they all want to sell their share to the American.

jay-d

Established Member
What the ****, this is bad bad news. **** sake not what the club needs right now, he was the only football man out of the board. Wenger could be next, Dein and Wenger are very very close.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Mmmmm doesnt sound good. Dein was very involved with a lot of our transfer deals (eg Reyes). Wonder if this anything to do with old Hlebby boys deal?

DC Gunner

Established Member
I don't get it !!!

I heard yesterday that Peter Hillwood stated that he and the other shareholders would not allow a take over.

Was dein with the Take over ?

has this been taken??

Alfonso said:
No suprise this article came out earlier today

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... es_ag.html

The money men won this battle.

Dein wanted to sell. He didnt even want us to move to Emirates.

The money men won the battle? But they're the ones that don't want to cash in to some random yank whilst the football man does.

Dein's a gooner through and through but I don't see why he would want us to sell up. Also, I have got to say, I much prefer us playing at the Grove rather than at the New Wembley.

DC Gunner

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Alfonso said:

I dont get it, surely the 'money men' would want to sell as they would make a massive profit?
Arsenal chairman snubs US buyer
He added: "These people love Arsenal, they are independently wealthy and do not need the money. Having a few extra million pounds in the bank is of no interest to them.

Alfonso

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Alfonso said:

I dont get it, surely the 'money men' would want to sell as they would make a massive profit?

Pride over money my friend. Dein wanted us to sell as he could see us going backwards. That is why he did not want to move to Emirates in the first place. He knew it would kill our competitiveness, i.e. lack of transfer funds. Hence wanting to move to Wembly for short term.

Dein is a big loss, because he is prob one of the most shrewdest and cunning men in football.

He was a football man through and through.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Slowly our Englishness as a club is ebbing away. Laugh at me if you want, but our Arsenal identity is decreasing every year. I hope i'm wrong and just overreacting but this is just not on.

IBL

Established Member
Oh God, I'm dreading to think what this will mean for our long-term future, the timing of his step down cant be a coincidence.

kooldawg

Established Member
loosing Dein will be a blow to the club, i think its been stated before that he was an extremely shrewd man with good footballing knowledge and not to mention very influential in the football scene.

Will be a big loss to the club to see him go.

ThaSaltCracka

Our main shareholders are making a massive BUSINESS mistake. They are afraid of change and instead of adapting, they are holding tight. This will not end well.

Alfonso

Established Member
The big prob is that Dein has a lot of connections. When Wenger eventually goes, Dein could get a equally world class manager. Dein also has all his transfer connections. He knows every agent. Him and Wenger were the two main guys behind all our transfers of the past 10 years.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom