• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Arsenal Board / Takeover etc thread

gunnerGH

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Slowly our Englishness as a club is ebbing away. Laugh at me if you want, but our Arsenal identity is decreasing every year. I hope i'm wrong and just overreacting but this is just not on.

I was just thinking the same thing. Cant believe it.

Must have been something big that happened, David wouldnt easily walk away from the club he loves. He wouldnt willingly walk away

henry79

Alfonso said:
The big prob is that Dein has a lot of connections. When Wenger eventually goes, Dein could get a equally world class manager. Dein also has all his transfer connections. He knows every agent. Him and Wenger were the two main guys behind all our transfers of the past 10 years.

thats the reason why I think losing Dein is a big loss to us on and off the pitch :(

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Alfonso said:
The big prob is that Dein has a lot of connections. When Wenger eventually goes, Dein could get a equally world class manager. Dein also has all his transfer connections. He knows every agent. Him and Wenger were the two main guys behind all our transfers of the past 10 years.

Wenger to be given a seat on the board in the future ? it might happen.

otfgoon

Established Member
Alfonso said:
otfgoon said:
Alfonso said:
No suprise this article came out earlier today

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... es_ag.html

The money men won this battle.

Dein wanted to sell. He didnt even want us to move to Emirates.

I dont get it, surely the 'money men' would want to sell as they would make a massive profit?

Pride over money my friend. Dein wanted us to sell as he could see us going backwards. That is why he did not want to move to Emirates in the first place. He knew it would kill our competitiveness, i.e. lack of transfer funds. Hence wanting to move to Wembly for short term.

Dein is a big loss, because he is prob one of the most shrewdest and cunning men in football.

He was a football man through and through.

Moving to the Emirates was the right thing to do long term, and thank god we didnt move to Wembely.

Dein is shrewed as you say, and he will be a massive loss, but i'd rather not sell to the yank then keep dein.

Alfonso

Established Member
Plus, with Dein, not many ppl could **** with us. He was like the Godfather of football.

He probably felt we couldn't compete with Utd, Chelsea and Pool without the backing of Kroenke. The board did not agree, and hence his departure.

Azabaxe

This is sad. Whatever the reason for his departure, DD was one of the reasons why Arsenal has become the brand it is right now. What I worry about is that he might sell his shares to the Wal-Mart boy, and that might put him over the edge. This is certainly Arsenal's Year of Hell.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Slowly our Englishness as a club is ebbing away. Laugh at me if you want, but our Arsenal identity is decreasing every year. I hope i'm wrong and just overreacting but this is just not on.

Dein wants the takeover, he will be back soon enough.

Wednesdayware

gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Must have been something big that happened, David wouldnt easily walk away from the club he loves. He wouldnt willingly walk away

My thought is that he wouldn't sign the agreement not to sell his shares for 1 year, as the rest of baord apparently did. Meaning he likely wanted to sell sooner.

Of course, we won;t know the truth for some time, regardless of the statements made by the board.

I would hate to see the club sold, ESPECIALLY to an American. Quickest way to destroy anything you love about the club.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Azabaxe said:
This is sad. Whatever the reason for his departure, DD was one of the reasons why Arsenal has become the brand it is right now. What I worry about is that he might sell his shares to the Wal-Mart boy, and that might put him over the edge. This is certainly Arsenal's Year of Hell.

Brand? **** off.

Kenyonhater

Whatever the reasons behind it this is huge because the man who was responsible for Wenger's appointment, who was one of his closest friends and confidents, someone who was very close to the senior players and Arsenal through and through, has left the club.

Massive, potentially momentous news.

Alfonso

Established Member
Fiszman has been rather quite lately and his selling of some shares was the first indicator that things were changing at board level. Once these events take-off they gather a momentum like a domino effect and other persons are drawn in to the melee. Wenger is only the manager and in the final analysis will have no say in what transpires. He must be surprised though by Dein's sudden departure though.

But i have a feeling, this may not be the last we see Dein at Arsenal...

lagos

Established Member
Hey am i missing something Alfonso. where did you get the info that Dein was against moving to the Emirates?

gunnerGH

Established Member
Is Wenger now in trouble?

He may leave as a result of this if he does not agree with what has happened

has this been taken??

Tony Montana said:

Our Englishness is ebbing away because the board member that apparently wanted us to sell out to an American has gone. Riiight...

I fully agree with Oftgoon here. Dein was fantastic for the club and he's a gooner through and through but then so are the other board members and they obviously didn't agree with him. I would much rather that we stayed an English club even if Dein isn't involved rather than being owned by a yank.

Mostarac

Established Member
Very surprised to see Dein go. I must admit that this is worrying for the club, as much as Wenger built the team into what it is today, Dein was also a big part of that.

DC Gunner

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Maybe he knew that his walking away would have a shock value big enough to bring notice to something he wanted !?

Wednesdayware

celestis said:
Alfonso said:

Wenger to be given a seat on the board in the future ? it might happen.

Wenger would make an Excellent board member, providing we could find a suitable replacement for the Manager position.

DC Gunner

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Maybe he intended the shock value.

I can't believe the Xenophobia some people have, thank god they don't select our players with the same mentality !

Tony Montana

Established Member
has this been taken?? said:
Tony Montana said:

Our Englishness is ebbing away because the board member that apparently wanted us to sell out to an American has gone. Riiight...

Good point mate. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom