• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Summer 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
Put any transfer news, confirmed signings, updates, whinges, moans, huzzahs, etc in here.

Arsenal, non-Arsenal - it doesn't matter. Any deadline day transfer stuff.

We'll be lucky if there is any Arsenal related posting in here. In fact, if we get past 5 pages I'll be surprised. Hang on, I know our ability to talk about absolutely nothing (like this post for instance). Maybe 10 pages.

xcdude24

Established Member
Re: Deadline Day September 1st 2008

We all know about Wenger's recent reluctance to purchase in January- so a question for everyone: does this next 24 hours make or break the season?

gunner_down_under

****ing Wenger, what was he thinking?? He should seriously be fired after not signing a DCM, this is just nonsense, we might as well give up now.

There's my contribution! :lol:

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Players we are in for

Baptista
Henry
Kalou
Kaka
Robinho
De la Redd
Veloso
Ribery
Flamini
Barry
Alonso
Santa Cruz

I expect at least 5 signings.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

2 years ago on deadline day, he swap Gallas for Cole, Baptista for Reyes.

Last year it was Lassana Diarra...

This year?

DC Gunner

Established Member

Inler is not coming despite what the Daily Mirror said, I have read [can not find the link anymore] that he extended his deal with Udinese !

Anyone can confirm the above !?

EDIT: here it is

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_4073608,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html</a>

KY

Established Member

djourou for mbia at rennes... :D

Jinn

Established Member

The word on the street* is Sebastian Kehl.

*ie. on Arseblog.

Dez

Clrnc said:
2 years ago on deadline day, he swap Gallas for Cole, Baptista for Reyes.

Last year it was Lassana Diarra...

This year?

Denilson was a deadline day signing too.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Xisco has joined Colocinni at Newcastle in a £5.75 million move.

West Ham are prepared to bid £8 million for Djourou and should it be accepted, Wenger will move to sign Metzelder on loan. I highly doubt any of that will happen but I do expect us to sign someone.

Jinn

Established Member

I'd hope we kept Djourou. You would think Wenger's loan of Senderos would have been encouragement for Djourou to stay and fight for a starting place.

Soler

Established Member

Kehl's hardly a bad player but hardly brilliant either. But that's not what we need, is it? We just need a body to clean up behind Cesc.

Anzac

Established Member

f365 are reporting that AW supposedly thought the window had only been extended to noon, not midnight.

henry79

I dont think we will sign anyone, if he does he will get another youngster or someone on the cheap ie silvestre,I dont think we have the money despite what the board is telling us that wenger has 30 mil to spend.

I will be more concerned if he tries to ofload some of the players here doesnt he know we already dont have a big squad to compete this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom