• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Quartet? Quadruple?

gypped

So what would we call it if we won the league, the FA cup, the League Cup, and the Champions League? The Carling is ours for the taking, and the FA cup will be eventually. We're in a great position to take hold of our Champions League dream, I know we can beat Celta, and we're by far the best team in the league! But I don't want to count my chickens, so to speak, because every time I get excited about Arsenal doing well, that's when we screw up. So I'm keeping my hopes very low, so that they can be far exceeded.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
dont get ahead of yourself :roll:
your hopes seem very high this sort of talk could put pressure on the boys and cost us everything

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Every competition we're in we will win. It's the mentality of being a fan. And we knew we'd win the league, fa cup and champions league at the start of the season, so the league cup is like an unexpected bonus.

Mind you, I thought Terry Neill would win us the league...

KoLo28

mmmmmmm... that would be the best xmas present ever, good luck to the boys but no matter what happens, ill still be proud.

vin de guerre

I had a look at the Boro side from last night and to be honest on paper thay are a side that cause us problems. (I did say on paper!). You lot who are far closer to the pitch. :cry: What do you think?

beaney

how great would it be to go one better than Manure!?!?!?

personally id be happy with the league and champ league, of course! :mrgreen:

but youve got to be in it to win it, and were still in them all, so thats a good start!

Anders Limpar

Shhhh...

...don't go ahead of yourselves now!! Keep your fingers crossed and shut your mouth up and maybe, just maybe we have made history come may...

C'mon you reds!!!

:wink:

Ps. Then we'll tell the world what Arsenal is about.... :mrgreen:

Alexone234

I heard that Chelski measured their trophy cabinet to make sure the premiership trophy fits. now that is presumption for you.

JazzG

Established Member
Don't get ahead of yourself. This is gonna be a long hard season, we could end up with nothing or everything. I don't know what will happen, we will need luck on our side if we are gonna win all 4! I seriously doubt we can win them though.

Adam

Established Member
What's the difference between a tyre, a thousand used condoms, and an Arsenal quadruple?

A tyre is a good year, a thousand used condoms is a very good year, and an Arsenal quadruple is a bloomin great year!

DOUBLE-YOU

to be honest i cant see any side winning 4 trophies in one season. there are just too many matches to play.

i hope i don't tempt fate in saying this but.....last season people had a real go at wenger because he said the team will try and go the whole season unbeaten. i wont be too surprised if they try and do it this year to laugh at the haters.

mayoud

The word is TETRAD, which means any group of four things. Other words are associated with music, multiple births etc.

thegame24

Established Member
i wanna put a bet on us doing the quad but it might jinx us.

though first match i went to was in 98 and then we went on to win the league.

my second match was against loko this year and i feel we will win the cl.

Quad why not?

we are the best in the carling
we are the best in the prem
FA cup should be renamed to the arsenal challenge
and the champs league WELL if i get tickets for another match its ours for sure.:D

A

Anonymous

Man U after winning the Treble in 1999 went on and won the Intercontinental cup in 1999 beating Palmeiras (Brazil) 1-0 so does that count as a Quadruple?and if arsenal did it would you count it?

JazzG

Established Member
They won 3 cups in one season and another cup in another season, explain to me how that is the quadruple? ;)

Quadruple = winning 4 cups in ONE season.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom