• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Sol not experienced enough for you? The dude's got experience coming out of his ass.

I would like a talented youngish defender to come in though.

Floating

Established Member
I meant just to slot in straight away and cover for Vermaelen. There's actually a giant gap in age/experience between our CB's. Kyle Bartley and Havard Nordtveit are 18/19, Djourou and Vermaelen are 23/24, and then Gallas/Silvestre/Campbell are well into their 30's. Someone in the 26-27 range would do nicely.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Chiellini anyone?

If the rumors were true that Man United were lining up a "£12M summer bid for him", then we should certainly get in there and sign him now. But I doubt he moves, even though he'd be a dream signing. That would almost certainly mean Gallas won't get a new contract.

qs

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
USArsenal said:
Chiellini anyone?

If the rumors were true that Man United were lining up a "£12M summer bid for him", then we should certainly get in there and sign him now. But I doubt he moves, even though he'd be a dream signing. That would almost certainly mean Gallas won't get a new contract.

Wouldn't you rather Chiellini than keep an aging Gallas

TOPG

Established Member
qs said:
MDGoonah41 said:
USArsenal said:
Chiellini anyone?

Wouldn't you rather Chiellini than keep an aging Gallas

I would prefer Simon Kjaer. Top draw defender who plays for Palermo.

ibby

Established Member
They like England.

Di Canio, Zola, Di Matteo, Vialli, Cudicini, Lombardo, Ravanelli, Carbone...

Nice generalisation though.

ibby

Established Member
Well, it's a list of Italian players that have excelled in England.

In fact I'm struggling to think of any Italian players that have moved on big money transfers and have 'failed' in England. The myth that Italian players don't travel well is just that, a myth.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom