• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ricky1985

Established Member
Not so much wishing, but, this is what I think will happen this summer (just a bit of fun to amuse myself when I look back at how clueless I was).....

Almunia stays as Number 1 for next season, Fabiasnki is sold to some half decent French club. Szczesny comes back to challenge.

We release Silvestre and Campbell. Gallas leaves for Roma, or somewhere similar. We sign a relatively young centreback, someone like Subotic, who we've been relentlessly linked with, maybe even Gary Cahill.

Clichy joins Real Madrid for mega money! Eboue leaves for Italy. We sign one of van der Wiel or Azpilicueta (or however you spell it - the guy from Osasuna), and Gibbs gets a promotion.

Nothing changes in midfield.

Eduardo is sold back to Dinamo Zagreb, Vela is loaned to Fulham, and Bendtner is sold to Bayern Munich! We sign Eden Hazard for big money, and Marouane Chamakh for nothing.

Anzac

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Not so much wishing, but, this is what I think will happen this summer (just a bit of fun to amuse myself when I look back at how clueless I was).....

Almunia stays as Number 1 for next season, Fabiasnki is sold to some half decent French club. Szczesny comes back to challenge.

We release Silvestre and Campbell. Gallas leaves for Roma, or somewhere similar. We sign a relatively young centreback, someone like Subotic, who we've been relentlessly linked with, maybe even Gary Cahill.

Clichy joins Real Madrid for mega money! Eboue leaves for Italy. We sign one of van der Wiel or Azpilicueta (or however you spell it - the guy from Osasuna), and Gibbs gets a promotion.

Nothing changes in midfield.

Eduardo is sold back to Dinamo Zagreb, Vela is loaned to Fulham, and Bendtner is sold to Bayern Munich! We sign Eden Hazard for big money, and Marouane Chamakh for nothing.

That scenario isn't that far fetched IMO,
however having said that I don't think we'd see any sustained improvement in performance or form, as it doesn't address the midfield which is the root cause to most of our issues.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
We certainly won't get rid of Bendtner Don't be ridiculous. Arsène wouldn't sell Clichy either unless we get a truly stupidly large offer.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Ricky, do you also think that Almunia will remain as first choice next season? I'm personally convinced of it.
Yep. I'll be be very surprised if Wenger goes out and spends money on a keeper, when he has Szczesny waiting in the wings. It would go completely against his ethos of developing players. I reckon he'll struggle through another season with he, whose name I shall not type.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Well if we don't sign a keeper, may as well make Szczesny number 2 and throw him in as soon as possible. Fabianski has to go on loan as he just can't handle not playing and then being called upon for big games.

If Almunia is between the sticks next season and we don't win anything, I'll be calling for Wenger's head.

Bossa

Established Member
Chesney is a promising goalkeeper but a little bit overhyped for me. Loan him out to a decent side and see how he does. Do the same with Fabianski. If they do a good job then let them fight for a #1 Arsenal. Next year I want to see Almunia as second keeper and a new keeper as #1. We cant afford to experiment with goalkeepers even if theyre as promising as Chesney. For me 19-years-old is too young for me. Chesney is still young and he will be patient. His days will come in a few years.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
SuperStar said:
Neuer + Hazard + Kjaer + Chamakh = Win!

fixed... :mrgreen:

but agree with QS - we could use another CM that can slot in to Song's role..

M. Diarra anyone? Real dont seem too keen on him anymore (only started 5 games for them this year), could be a decent backup/rotation for Song...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Bossa said:
Chesney is a promising goalkeeper but a little bit overhyped for me. Loan him out to a decent side and see how he does. Do the same with Fabianski. If they do a good job then let them fight for a #1 Arsenal. Next year I want to see Almunia as second keeper and a new keeper as #1. We cant afford to experiment with goalkeepers even if theyre as promising as Chesney. For me 19-years-old is too young for me. Chesney is still young and he will be patient. His days will come in a few years.
Parma didnt feel that way about Buffon.. Real didnt feel that way about Casillas...

though, i agree, another season of regular playing time for a team NOT in League One might be good for him...

Timleaf

Established Member
Chamakh for free and whatever it takes to get a world class keeper. If gallas leaves bring in a good, experienced centre half, if he stays maybe a younger centre half or a defensive midfielder.

Bossa

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Bossa said:
Parma didnt feel that way about Buffon.. Real didnt feel that way about Casillas...

though, i agree, another season of regular playing time for a team NOT in League One might be good for him...

But they are the best goalkeepers of their generation. I dont know about Chesney.

Anzac

Established Member
Talk on f365 that SAF is going to sell Berbatov in order to launch a bid for Benzema, who is supposedly going to be available.

If so then I'd say go for him AW - Benzema that is.

outlaw_member

Established Member
If Benzema becomes available than we need to do everything in our power to sign him. He will be the next in line to Anelka and Henry and we simply cannot pass up the option. In saying that, he has United written all over him and he could be there token major transaction with certain other players making way.

Timleaf

Established Member
I wouldn't pay more than £7-8 million for berbatov right now. It'll be interesting to see who bites and how much Utd will settle for.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
outlaw_member said:
If Benzema becomes available than we need to do everything in our power to sign him. He will be the next in line to Anelka and Henry and we simply cannot pass up the option. In saying that, he has United written all over him and he could be there token major transaction with certain other players making way.
Agreed but there is no space for him to be very honest with the addition of Chamakh.

ricky1985

Established Member
Benzema has serious question marks hanging over head after his stint at Real, in my opinion. I know many players have been chewed up and spat out at that joke of a club, but, he looks like a lost little boy whenever I see him play these days, and far from one of the best players in Europe. Look how Higuain goes about his business in a quiet, dignified, and more importantly effective way, in stark contrast.

I wouldn't worry about United signing him, for one, I don't think they have any money, and two, there's only room for one star striker at that club. Rooney would cry his little eyes out if his goal tally suddenly got cut in half again, and he wasn't the main man.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom