• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Zico

Established Member
Timleaf said:
I wouldn't pay more than £7-8 million for berbatov right now. It'll be interesting to see who bites and how much Utd will settle for.

You would actually pay money for that guy? I'd demand that United give him to us in exchange for Silvestre and call it a day. They can have their spy back.

Anzac

Established Member
Talk on f365 that SAF is going to line up Lloris for 15m = I'd be REALLY pissed if we didn't match that.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Guardiola wont come anytime soon. Even if he does leave Barca he strikes me as the type who would want to spend some time away from the game.

Viper

Established Member
Lloris/Nauer (£15m)Perhaps offer Silvestre/Eduardo too.
Hazard (£16m)
Melo/Inler (£12m)
Chamakh (free)

Yeah, this really is a wishlist. Can't see Wenger spending £43m in one window, let alone £30m. Crazy.

But surely we have the funds? After all, we got £40m from the sales of Toure (£15m) and Adebayor (£25m), did we not? And what about the money from Hleb and Henry? It's time to finally spend some money at this ****ing club.

Viper

Established Member
Sell Silvestre, Diaby, Almunia and Eduardo (we could make at least £10m from the sales of all these players I think).

In: Lloris/Nauer, Hazard, Chamakh, Suárez, Melo/Inler.

But yeah, this isn't FM. Heh.

Viper

Established Member
Out:
Almunia
Senderos
Eduardo or Vela
Diaby
Silvestre
Traore
Rosicky

Total (£20m+?)

In:
Lloris/Nauer (£14m)
Eden Hazard (£18m)
Melo/Inler (£15m)
Chamakh (free)
CB (£10m?)

Total: £54m.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Not really. Al will raise 2m, Senderos Silvest free, Eduardo will fetch at least what he cost or maybe a little lesser, won't sell Vela or Traore but they are easily worth 10m, Diaby will worth more than 10m, and Rosicky around 7m as well.

Btw, Lloris is rated around 15m, sounds good to me

Zico

Established Member
Viper, so you expect to get top dollar for rejects during a recession? Best of luck.

Good players will still cost top dollar because of the impact they can have on a team. All other players will cost little to nothing.

Viper

Established Member
I don't see how getting £20m combined from the sale of said players is too much of an ask.

Rosicky, Eduardo, Diaby are all worth a few million each.

Captain

Established Member
We sell kids for £5M+ so those players would definitely fetch at least that sort of figure on a very bad day.

darthwenger

Zico said:
Viper, you would be lucky to raise 10 million pounds when you sell those players.

I'd have to agree, who take all that crap off our hands so easily. A few of those players values are nose diving as we speak - in this recession its not just about players values, its also the clubs taking into account the players wages, fee's etc.

If we can see the limitations of those players then surely other clubs can also. Would we get back what we paid for Eduardo, probably not - he may never be back to what he was and no ones going to pay top dollar for that.

@ Clrnc, there's no way on earth that Vela, Diaby and Traore are worth 30M !

Timleaf

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Not really. Al will raise 2m, Senderos Silvest free, Eduardo will fetch at least what he cost or maybe a little lesser, won't sell Vela or Traore but they are easily worth 10m, Diaby will worth more than 10m, and Rosicky around 7m as well.

Who's gonna pay £7 million for Rosicky? Are you mad!?

This is not a sellers marker right now. The only players who will fetch a decent price are young ones-24 and under.

darthwenger

Timleaf said:
Clrnc said:

Who's gonna pay £7 million for Rosicky? Are you mad!?

This is not a sellers marker right now. The only players who will fetch a decent price are young ones-24 and under.

Its the "Diaby is worth more than 10 million" that kills me. We can't even give Senderos away at the moment.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
In this inflated transfer market, where people pays 25m for Lescott, you know we can get more than what they are valued.

Thing is, arsenal players are rated highly in the market and you take into account of Diaby's age, and regular french international, he will be worth more than that absolutely. Don't let his poor form atm affect you, if its in march you would be saying that as well.

I don't know about Rosicky, but I think he is still a pretty good player to have without his injury problems

Zico

Established Member
Who is paying big money for players?
United, Chelsea, Madrid, Inter, Bayern and Barca are the only teams that can really afford 20m+ superstars. They will not pay money for crap.

The only club paying big money for scrubs is Citeh. Are we to assume that they will take all those players from us? They will probably have to replace Toure and maybe even Adebayor now that they are going to be in the Champions League.

Big players will continue to be expensive. Everything else will be bought at a bargain. We are losing the middle market due to the recession and bad football finances.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom