• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

eye4goal

Established Member
Alexis Sanchez
Barkley
Di Maria
Juanfran

---------------Szczesney
Juanfran---Mertesacker--Koscielny--Gibbs
Chamberlain---Ramsey--Barkley---Di Maria
------------Özil-----------Alexis

Floating

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Alexis Sanchez
Barkley
Di Maria
Juanfran

---------------Szczesney

I love those players, but Barkley - Ramsey is too attacking a central midfield.

Side note, are any of the 'big clubs' linked to Barkley? He's clearly an elite talent, so it seems strange I haven't heard "Barkley to City" links.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Alexis Sanchez
Barkley
Di Maria
Juanfran

---------------Szczesney

No DM, no actual striker and Özil upfront? It is the wish list I guess :lol:

Brotherz

Floating said:
eye4goal said:
Alexis Sanchez
Barkley
Di Maria
Juanfran

---------------Szczesney

Side note, are any of the 'big clubs' linked to Barkley? He's clearly an elite talent, so it seems strange I haven't heard "Barkley to City" links.

I think it would be disrespectful for any club to put a bud in for Barkley at this moment, I'm pretty sure it would take a hefty fee in the region of 25-30 mil, I could see someone like Madrid going in for him.

Floating

Established Member
Brotherz said:
Floating said:
eye4goal said:
Alexis Sanchez
Barkley
Di Maria
Juanfran

---------------Szczesney

I think it would be disrespectful for any club to put a bud in for Barkley at this moment, I'm pretty sure it would take a hefty fee in the region of 25-30 mil, I could see someone like Madrid going in for him.

Disrespectful how? 25-30m would probably be a decent price for him.

Brotherz

I think he needs another season at least at Everton before he moves into a big club... He's development could be hindered.

eye4goal

Established Member
I don't think moving to Arsenal would be as risky as City/Chelsea development wise. Wenger can do a Ramsey job on him in a season or two.

Brotherz

Barkley needs to he playing games every week, he looks like an established player already and is beyond he's years, but I don't think he would go straight into our starting eleven, I can't see anything beneficial with him sitting on the bench.
He would be a great addition here though, but I can't see that happening at the moment, he's a very direct player like wilshere.

Liverpool would be a better step for him but I can't see that ever happening.

fabo

6.51 / 10
He's an AM, we have no need for him. Not many top clubs will be able to play Barkley in his best position at this point, he should stick at Everton for 2-3 more years I think.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Barkley's got loads of talent but **** me he's frustrating. He only ever passes when he's forced to, given the choice between a through ball or going it alone he'll back himself 99 times out of 100. It shows his confidence I guess but I can't remember ever seeing a midfielder as selfish as him.

Anzac

Established Member
A concern at this point that LFC have reportedly already addressed 3 areas on issue they have re depth/quality ahead of the CL next season.
Plan B CF - Lambert;
CMD cover/replacement for Gerrard - Can;
RB - Moreno.

What makes it worse is that they are much the same issues and positions that we have. We have known about our RB & CF issues for at least 2 seasons, and we still don't have a replacement for Sagna or RVP FFS, as Giroud wasn't signed as direct replacement for RVP, but more to be our Plan B option.

Anzac

Established Member
Question - what do we want/need MORE from our CMD?
- Passing/ball control as DLP?
- Tackling ball winner? or
- Interceptions?

Despite our number of clean sheets our defensive stats (re shots conceded per game, tackles and interceptions), were no better than ManU.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics</a>

Brotherz

I don't think we should be worrying about what players other teams sign.

Here's a list of striking options.

Mandzukic
Balotelli
Vela
Griezmann?
Hulk
Jackson Martinez
Cavani
Falcao
Drmic
Insigne?
Bony
Lukaku
Finnbogason

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
- Interceptions?

Despite our number of clean sheets our defensive stats (re shots conceded per game, tackles and interceptions), were no better than ManU.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All 3 really, that's why you can't just go out and buy a 'DM', he needs to be a good passer.

And we don't need to make as many tackles/inteceptions as Man United as we have less misplaced passes and more possession so don't need to win the ball back

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Strikers- Balotelli, Martinez, Mandzukic... are all almost definitely available if we want them. Benzema might be if Real go for Suarez. Cavani might be at a huge price, as would Falcao. Then there is Lukaku who might be unlikely for us not sure about other teams though. Remy, Bony and Morata would come under the "underwhelming" category.

Wide forwards/Wingers- Griezmann, Vela, Pedro, Sanchez, Di Maria (maybe), Insigne all appear to be available if we want them.

There is names out there.... I mean most of the strikers I've listed are better than Dzeko who's goal effectively won City the league in the latter half of last season.

I'd like to think that we'd sign both a striker and a wide forward.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
A concern at this point that LFC have reportedly already addressed 3 areas on issue they have re depth/quality ahead of the CL next season.
Plan B CF - Lambert;
RB - Moreno.

What makes it worse is that they are much the same issues and positions that we have. We have known about our RB & CF issues for at least 2 seasons, and we still don't have a replacement for Sagna or RVP FFS, as Giroud wasn't signed as direct replacement for RVP, but more to be our Plan B option.

They're CBs options are poor. Moreno is a left back, we really don't want another LB and I don't think he's that good. Cann is a prospect but not setting the world alight.

Their defence is still a shambles and the way they use fullbacks as wingers with such high lines will see them concede plenty whoever they have in their defence.

As for Lambert, would you have seriously wanted him here? :lol: I think they wanted Remy but he wanted to come here.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Anzac said:
Plan B CF - Lambert;
RB - Moreno.

Moreno's a LB, not a RB.

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Anzac said:
- Interceptions?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All 3 really, that's why you can't just go out and buy a 'DM', he needs to be a good passer.

And we don't need to make as many tackles/inteceptions as Man United as we have less misplaced passes and more possession so don't need to win the ball back

Perhaps, however I rate tackles as being quite different to interceptions.
We rely heavily upon interceptions particularly as we use a technical DLP who has good positioning but is not a strong tackler. Every other contender finished above us in tackles but below us re interceptions, and we had as many red cards as the top3 combined, whilst they had more yellows than us.
I can't think of any other team / contender in any league that uses a DLP as the deepest CM, let alone who is not paired with a more physical/defensive player.
For mind that's where we have it 'wrong' - the 3 roles in midfield that often results in the players being isolated or caught behind play.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can see Real letting Illarramendi go if the right offer comes along, doesn't have the height people want but he'd fit in wouldn't he?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am sure Wenger would love Illara, but am not sure they will let him go.

would 30 mil pounds be enough for Alexis? Ill go nuts if he signs for any PL team, and jusy a bit less nuts if he leaves for juve or so

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom