• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Or it could be more the case of let's go to Arsenal a team in decline who really dont look like doing anything anytime soon,I will get to live in London and they will pay me 3 times the amount I get playing for a CL team where i am.

Van Dijk went to Liverpool with them very close to challenging. RVP went to United knowing he was basically the missing piece of the puzzle to challenge. Partey wouldn't be stupid enough to think that he would make Arsenal top 4 on his own.

He knows we would need about 3 other top player which we dont have the money for. He also knows Auba will probably leave.

To me it has financial gain and a lifestyle change over actually winning things.

If he wants the smart move, I agree he should go to a team better than us, a team better than Atletico actually.

Some players don't play football just for the trophies, if he is an Arsenal fan, maybe it's more important to him to try and help us get back on track than say winning numerous trophies with a team like City...don't think it would be just to collect his wage and enjoy an easy life too, if I was a player I know being a fan how hard it would be to turn down the club I love, this could be his last chance to play for us.

Let's see what happens.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You forgot the big one, there looks to be no other interest in him.

I did say that to be fair, but yeah, we’ve got a clear run at him. The same thing happened with Auba. Not a chance he comes here if any other big club was interested at the time.

Shalmaneser V

Several things in our favour that would make him want to join us. We pay well, we’re still a big club (especially in Africa), we’re in the biggest league in the world and we’re probably the only big club wanting to sign him.

You have to question why we’re the only big club wanting to sign him when A) his release clause is reasonably cheap B) his wages wouldn’t be astronomical C) he’s a versatile midfielder and D) he’s very much in his prime?

field442

Trusted ⭐
You have to question why we’re the only big club wanting to sign him when A) his release clause is reasonably cheap B) his wages wouldn’t be astronomical C) he’s a versatile midfielder and D) he’s very much in his prime?

Well look around and tell me which other big club needs him?

Liverpool? No.
Man City? No.
Chelsea? No.
Man Utd? No.
Real Madrid? No.
Barcelona? No.
Bayern Munich? No.
Juventus? Possibly?
PSG? No.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Mane
Wijnaldum
Robertson
Salah
Firmino

Which big clubs wanted them except pool?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its pretty expensive pre Covid & very expensive now. Its not like he is one of the premium positions at CB or an attacker. Had the clause there since 2018 but no bites.

Shalmaneser V

Well look around and tell me which other big club needs him?

Liverpool? No.
Man City? No.
Chelsea? No.
Man Utd? No.
Real Madrid? No.
Barcelona? No.
Bayern Munich? No.
Juventus? Possibly?
PSG? No.

PSG, Bayern, Juventus and Man Utd could all use a player with his profile.

If Thomas really is one of the best DMs/box2box midfielders currently in Europe then you would expect at least a few of those clubs to be interested given his small price tag, versatility and the fact he’s just hitting his prime.

He’s a good player. I’m just surprised at the lack of interest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
None of top English teams want a midfielder at the moment specially of Partey ability Man city have Rodri UTD have pogba mctominay and just extended Matic contract Liverpool have Fabinho Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho. so unless they sell players then they could go for him. top spanish clubs we have perfect chance we just need to get it done quick.

field442

Trusted ⭐
PSG, Bayern, Juventus and Man Utd could all use a player with his profile.

If Thomas really is one of the best DMs/box2box midfielders currently in Europe then you would expect at least a few of those clubs to be interested given his small price tag, versatility and the fact he’s just hitting his prime.

He’s a good player. I’m just surprised at the lack of interest.

Yeah they could all use, they don’t desperately need. They’ll all be looking to spend elsewhere, especially in the current climate.

Shalmaneser V

None of top English teams want a midfielder at the moment specially of Partey ability Man city have Rodri UTD have pogba mctominay and just extended Matic contract Liverpool have Fabinho Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho. so unless they sell players then they could go for him. top spanish clubs we have perfect chance we just need to get it done quick.

If Partey is as good as he’s supposed to be then he benches McTominay.

........Partey — Pogba
..........Fernandes

Could work nicely.

Chelsea could potentially be losing Jorginho this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

........Partey — Pogba
..........Fernandes

Could work nicely.

Man Utd won't buy Partey they focusing on other areas specially want to get Sancho deal done. in midfield they are good and Pogba likely will stay

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah they could all use, they don’t desperately need. They’ll all be looking to spend elsewhere, especially in the current climate.
Reports today that Juve and Bayern are trying to get N'Dombele on the cheap :lol: Can't imagine them going near Partey at his price then

field442

Trusted ⭐

........Partey — Pogba
..........Fernandes

Could work nicely.

Utd just extended Matic, they have Fred, they have McTominay and they have other areas of the team that need strengthening. Their midfield is already very strong without an addition like Partey. Chelsea even without Jorginho would have Kante and Kovacic and will probably sign Havertz.Again, another very strong midfield. Signing Partey for them would be putting money where it’s not needed. We on the other hand have a load of **** in midfield. Xhaka, Guendouzi (leaving), Ceballos (on loan) and Torreira.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But those players were either unproven or completely unknown. Partey is an established star and rated among the best in Europe in his position.

Correct. People seem to look at things differently to suit their narrative. He is currently playing in a CL team. For 40m that is nothing for a player who can give you 4-5 years service. He can play number 6 or 8 and can also play right back.

Theres plenty of teams need a good all rounder in the middle of the park. Talk of Chelsea getting rid of Kante. And possibly Jorginho.

United have Matic as a squad player. But he cant be relied upon every week.

Barcelonas Busquets is what 32/33? 1 more good year left? Juventus have Matuidi at 33.

So to say no team better than us in Europe need a CM is ridiculous.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Reports today that Juve and Bayern are trying to get N'Dombele on the cheap :lol: Can't imagine them going near Partey at his price then

Partey is what maybe 40-45m?

Ndombele will cost maybe 30m? Maybe more.

I would be concerned if teams were overlooking Partey to take a punt on Ndombele for maybe 10m less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom