• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah mate the season Toure joined, City were in the Europa Lg, Mancini had just done half a season after taking over from hughes, other than tevez only Silva was their as a world class player - Adam Johnson was one fo their best players. no way you could say that was guaranteed success. You say Toure was not appreciated, same as Partey not feeling respected at Athletico, Makelele moving to chelsea from Real. Spanish clubs undervalue physical DM's prefer technique.

When Toure signed City had Robinho, De Jong, Kompany, some season pros like Barry and Milner. He signed the same summer they signed Silva and spent almost 30m on Dzeko. So when he signed he was signing into a huge project that was not only putting its money where its mouth was but was promising investment further down then line.

The very next season they signed Aguero and Nasri along with Clichy.

So he wasnt just signing for money. He was signing into a project that probably was explained before he signed. Did the money help. Yes. But it was crystal clear when Toure signed that Man citys plan was to try and buy top quality every year and within a few years challenge. That was the plan and that's what happened.

What is Arsenals project? What are Arsenal selling?

Its the exact same as Chelsea 15 years ago and Toure probably seen how that developed. They had a project which was to sign the best players and basically buy the league. Players weren't just signing for the extra 50k a week. They wanted to be part of a project and play with the best players and be part of the best team.

senna

When Toure signed City had Robinho, De Jong, Kompany, some season pros like Barry and Milner. He signed the same summer they signed Silva and spent almost 30m on Dzeko. So when he signed he was signing into a huge project that was not only putting its money where its mouth was but was promising investment further down then line.

The very next season they signed Aguero and Nasri along with Clichy.

So he wasnt just signing for money. He was signing into a project that probably was explained before he signed. Did the money help. Yes. But it was crystal clear when Toure signed that Man citys plan was to try and buy top quality every year and within a few years challenge. That was the plan and that's what happened.

What is Arsenals project? What are Arsenal selling?

Its the exact same as Chelsea 15 years ago and Toure probably seen how that developed. They had a project which was to sign the best players and basically buy the league. Players weren't just signing for the extra 50k a week. They wanted to be part of a project and play with the best players and be part of the best team.

The vision is to restore Arsenal to its former glory. I'm sure the extra £100k a week he'll get above what he's on at Athletico also helps. The point you raised is you dont want players who are signing for arsenal "cos they earn 3 times more than what they are on, or demanding £200k a week." I was just pointing out players who move for the money is not always a bad thing. In fact its 90% of the reason most transfers happen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The vision is to restore Arsenal to its former glory. I'm sure the extra £100k a week he'll get above what he's on at Athletico also helps. The point you raised is you dont want players who are signing for arsenal "cos they earn 3 times more than what they are on, or demanding £200k a week." I was just pointing out players who move for the money is not always a bad thing. In fact its 90% of the reason most transfers happen.

And players on high wages is the reason why when they fail your stuck with them and cant get rid of them. Which has been a recurring theme at Arsenal.

Partey knows it would take him and 3 or 4 other players to get Arsenal top 4 never mind challenging. I would want to have assurances before signing for Arsenal.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What are Arsenic's ITK credentials other than getting a DM response from Ornstein once?

Taking other journo's content, posting it word for word and saying "it's k" because he put "source @" at the end and not the link.

I'm actually going on a twitter blackout once Arsène's book comes out so him and Z don't ruin it for me.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Are we more likely to sign him than not sign him?

Just watched a vid of him for the first time and he's a lot more technical than I expected. Looks great on the dribble.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Well lets just hope all that is right & is rather reliable. He looks a decent player & he dominated Liverpool in that match against Atletico in the CL.

Arsenio Venger

Arsenic runs the AFC Bell

is this the wildcard option?

MerryIdolizedKite-size_restricted.gif

Goonger

Are we more likely to sign him than not sign him?

Just watched a vid of him for the first time and he's a lot more technical than I expected. Looks great on the dribble.

Quite a common misconception that he's just a destroyer, but when you actually watch him, you see he has enough power, pace and skill to get past the first 2 or 3 players of the press. Would make such a difference to the midfield.

is this the wildcard option?

MerryIdolizedKite-size_restricted.gif

I did wonder what the wildcard option was! :lol:

senna

You'd think wildcard must be a player that we dont necessarily want to sell as part of a swap deal? I thought Guendouzi but sounds like he's beeing offered out due to his tiff with Arteta, so maybe Bellerin?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
You'd think wildcard must be a player that we dont necessarily want to sell as part of a swap deal? I thought Guendouzi but sounds like he's beeing offered out due to his tiff with Arteta, so maybe Bellerin?

PEA? They were looking for a striker (Cavani) and if PEA doesn’t want to extend it would be an much more realistic option/offer of a striker which Atletico would agree to vs Laca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom