• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I dont think Partey is Artetas number 1 signing, just a hunch.

I don't think he has a number 1 marquee signing. More 3 across the board. Upamecano, Aouar and Partey are all on the same level in how they'd improve us.

The good thing with Partey is you can comfortably play him in a 3 or a 2 because of his physicality and athleticism.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Very surprised with this ! Gladbach is building something themselves with Rose and losing Zakaria would be huge.

Though, getting big profit on him might be tempting and if it's money reinvested in a clever manner, it might just be fine.

Issue with us is also that he'd now have the chance to play CL, either at Gladbach or at a club like City whilst we might not have European football at all.

Tough one, but I might just prefer him to Partey, if there was ever a chance to get him in.

I guess if you're Gladbach you might still need to sell one player a year to fund team-building, and Zakaria is that guy this year, probably Thuram next year.

Obviously City is very attractive, but we can offer him more football. At City he has to compete with Rodri, their record signing. I think we could attract him with a good salary and first-team football.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If we miss out on Partey I would like us to take a look atVan de Beek.

Different type of player, but also a good option for the b2b position.

Highly mobile, adequate defensively, less of a unit than Partey for physical duels, adds more goals with timely runs into to box, good passing range.

He's ready for a step up. Would rise the technical level of our midfield significantly with his ability to play one-touch football. As would Partey.

Another option could be Golovin who seems able to contribute both defensively and offensively as well.
Well @hydrofluoric acid ????!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good thread

Actually disagree with that, he’s a bit of everything. He’s not an Ndidi type who you can’t trust with the ball.

Don’t get the link to Casemiro in the thread based solely on heatmaps if you look at other stats you can see it’s not the case.

He’s a ball carrying all round midfielder, don’t know if that’s what people call a defensive midfielder but he’s much more important to Atletico’s build up than Casemiro is for Real Madrid.

As one of the replies stated he’s deployed everywhere, even played as a second striker.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Not completely convinced by his game. Also think he’s simply generating this buzz to get a better contract at Madrid.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Actually disagree with that, he’s a bit of everything. He’s not an Ndidi type who you can’t trust with the ball.

Don’t get the link to Casemiro in the thread based solely on heatmaps if you look at other stats you can see it’s not the case.

He’s a ball carrying all round midfielder, don’t know if that’s what people call a defensive midfielder but he’s much more important to Atletico’s build up than Casemiro is for Real Madrid.

As one of the replies stated he’s deployed everywhere, even played as a second striker.
Think people are trying to be a bit too clever and pigeonholing him a bit. Can't pigeonhole everyone. A midfielder with his physicality and diverse skillset solves a lot of issues for us, although we would still need a bit more in the midfield. I think Partey and Ceballos will probably do for now, especially if Guendouzi and Torreira look like departing (former much more than latter to be fair, likely Torreira stays). Partey at the very least goes some way to changing the profile of our midfield to something a bit more rounded.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'd avoid Ndidi or Zakaria at those sort of prices when a similar player like Kondogbia is available at a third of the price. I'd rather Van de Beek or Fabian Ruiz as alternatives.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we make it into Europe then the first thing we need to do is activate Partey's release clause and then show that to Auba to convince him to sign.
Partey is genuine quality and experience at a reasonable price that would be impossible to find anywhere else in the upcoming window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think people are trying to be a bit too clever and pigeonholing him a bit. Can't pigeonhole everyone. A midfielder with his physicality and diverse skillset solves a lot of issues for us, although we would still need a bit more in the midfield. I think Partey and Ceballos will probably do for now, especially if Guendouzi and Torreira look like departing (former much more than latter to be fair, likely Torreira stays). Partey at the very least goes some way to changing the profile of our midfield to something a bit more rounded.

Exactly, he plays in a flat midfield four who press and trap on the sideline in pairs. A lot of work is done without the ball yes but he’s not a Wanyama or Torreira type who rarely makes it out of their own half.

Just because he’s not getting loads of assists doesn’t mean he’s not an important part of our buildup. The stats back that up to a high extent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
CL restart in 17 days so even if he miss few weeks he'll only likely miss their first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom