• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

50m for a profile of a player that usually flops in this league. Just look at some recent examples.

I also don't rate Spanish league when it comes to defensive traits of players. You can easily stand out in a league where even smaller teams with less quality are attack minded.

I know he showed some good performances in the CL but when was the last time a DM came to the PL and took it by storm?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Some are using stats to downplay Partey? That's a new low.

If you have one healthy eye you could see that Thommy is slick like an eel while Xhaka moves like a cran.

Guy would have a Yaya Toure-esque impact on our midfield.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Some are using stats to downplay Partey? That's a new low.

If you have one healthy eye you could see that Thommy is slick like an eel while Xhaka moves like a cran.

Guy would have a Yaya Toure-esque impact on our midfield.

People were saying the same about Ndombele. :lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
That Patrick guy is probably a fraud though, as the Athletic confirmed a few days ago that we held talks with VdB’s camp and were keen, but couldn’t afford the fee.

FinnGooner

Established Member
He rarely gets into those positions though because of team set up. He’s not going to bang in multiple goals a season when you’re sat in a low block for most of the game.

His stats relative to Atletico are impressive which is the actual context for his numbers.

He’s very good dribbling the ball and while he’s not going to play a killer final ball like Cesc he knows how to advance play in a way that sustains moves.

He plays on a very tight leash at Atletico, second half of the Liverpool game when the game became more open and he was involved much more in attacks shows you what he can be.

I’m not denying his abilities to progress play. He can carry the ball forward, he can dribble but there is no evidence that he can be a profilic goal scoring midfielder because he has never played such a role or scored a lot of goals. People expecting Yaya Toure or even Aaron Ramsey in terms of end product are taking a leap of faith imo. But like I said, I’m full on board with signing Partey, I think he’s a terrific player but I also think we still need a creative mid with more guaranteed end product as well.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Don’t forget Keita, who was sold to us as the box-to-box equivalent of Messi, but can’t get games ahead of Jordan Henderson.

Wtf guys? Partey is not some guy who played 2 decent seasons in Bundesliga/Ligue 1 why are y'all comparing him to these players at all haha

Guys a powerhouse who dominated midfield in top-level games in later stages of UCL ffs.

jaystewart

Partey/Xhaka starting in the same line up doesn't sound all that appealing. Sure its solid but I feel like the rest of the team will have to drop to get the ball or work really hard to build up. As if they aren't nimble/mobile enough to find new angles for themselves.

Finesse

That Patrick guy is probably a fraud though, as the Athletic confirmed a few days ago that we held talks with VdB’s camp and were keen, but couldn’t afford the fee.

Patrick is not claiming to have any inside info. He just states a personal opinion. There is a difference between Arsenal just could not get money and Arsenal refusing to get robbed. That IMO is his simple way of saying he was over priced. The player agent was right we were interested , but was technical in stating why we did not complete the purchase. His statement about Arsenal did not get the money should have been Arsenal could not meet the valuation because they believed he was over priced. Arsenal did not say , give us a week or two to raise funds etc. Arsenal looked elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom