• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There's zero context to these sh!tty stats bomb charts btw. People should really just use them as what they are; support/information, not proof.

I tend to agree that some have overrated Partey quite a bit, it will be fun if joins only for people to realize that our build up will largely still be the same, and that he won't evade press and go on to dribble 5 players every time he's on the ball(might've exaggerated on the last bit here).

However, he has a fantastic skillset, his presence will have a positive compounding effective on the team, which is why he's worth it for us. I cannot wait for big games at home, I think we're going to murder a few rivals.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well he has had injuries, missed 26 games this season according to Transfermarkt. :lol:

Are you saying Griezmann is **** because he isn't performing like in Atletico?

Anyway, you misdirected the point. EPL teams (even the midtable ones etc.) buy the best players from other leagues (not from the top teams of course) so the level will be better in time due to money. Ask @Makingtrax

Personally I think especially Spain & Germany are very good leagues, only a bit below EPL. UCL & UEL of course paint a different picture (and tournament is a tournament), but it's more about the level of the whole league, not top 6 teams only.

My point is that Spanish teams also buy the best PL players so it’s not a one way stream of talent.

Bigger clubs buy from smaller clubs but it’s always “oh he can’t adapt to the PL” but you never hear the same thing about PL flops.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
There's zero context to these sh!tty stats bomb charts btw. People should really just use them as what they are; support/information, not proof.

A ton of thumbs up for that. Loathed that phase when you saw those charts on here all the time without any context applied.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I tend to agree that some have overrated Partey quite a bit, it will be fun if joins only for people to realize that our build up will largely still be the same, and that he won't evade press and go on to dribble 5 players every time he's on the ball(might've exaggerated on the last bit here).

However, he has a fantastic skillset, his presence will have a positive compounding effective on the team, which is why he's worth it for us. I cannot wait for big games at home, I think we're going to murder a few rivals.

CIES or Statbomb?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
CIES or Statbomb?

CIES

Fv1v9eK.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My point is that Spanish teams also buy the best PL players so it’s not a one way stream of talent.

Bigger clubs buy from smaller clubs but it’s always “oh he can’t adapt to the PL” but you never hear the same thing about PL flops.

But you're talking about let's say top 3 teams who can buy those. Top 6 is usually in UEL, no?

So UCL & UEL performances don't tell us about the whole league.

I'm talking about the level of the whole league. Even very small teams in EPL have money to buy best players from other leagues. And wages attract, because for sure it is not the weather in England.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But you're talking about let's say top 3 teams who can buy those. Top 6 is usually in UEL, no?

So UCL & UEL performances don't tell us about the whole league.

I'm talking about the level of the whole league. Even very small teams in EPL have money to buy best players from other leagues. And wages attract, because for sure it is not the weather in England.

Just because the clubs have more money that doesn’t mean they’re better. Likes of Getafe operate on a shoestring but they knocked out last year’s CL semi-finalists.

There’s no way to compare the likes of Real Valladolid to Burnley and it’s a pointless exercise.

La Liga lower quality is overstated, Real Betis finished 15th with Nabil Fekir having a good year.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just because the clubs have more money that doesn’t mean they’re better. Likes of Getafe operate on a shoestring but they knocked out last year’s CL semi-finalists.

There’s no way to compare the likes of Real Valladolid to Burnley and it’s a pointless exercise.

La Liga lower quality is overstated, Real Betis finished 15th with Nabil Fekir having a good year.

Yeah, well I guess you understood my point.

I'm not one who calls other league farmer's leagues. I just think that EPL is a bit above Spain & Germany which come next.

Money is the difference for the whole league. It doesn't automatically make it better, but in time it is expected.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It’s tinted glasses and is it that controversial? I mean the third placed team handily knocked out the runaway champions of the PL.

7 of the last 11 winners of the Europa League have been Spanish as well as 6 of the last 10 CL winners.

That's bellow belt, mate :(

Anyway, calling it superior was a poor choice of words if we're going down that road.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What’s going on in here?

I come here for Partey transfer updates and this is what I get.
Good point, seems like everyone is giving up just because we've signed Gabriel now & we haven't had a link in a week or so. I've seen updates saying he's still our #1 target so I wouldn't be giving up just yet. He's open to the move aswell.

HomeSteak

Established Member
PL is a farmers league in competition with bumdesliga and ligue 1 these days. La liga is clear as the best league in the world and has been for about 15 years at least

Well yeah, the Spanish teams are much better in europe then the english teams, have been for a very long time. But PL is the most watched, generates the most money. And as you can see with Messi coming to the PL the gap will be even bigger. La Liga with no Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar will have some big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom