• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No mate, let's add Messi while we're at it. It's not like the club is gonna lose over 100m this year due to lockdown.

This is obviously dependent on player sales.

People also seem to forget that not only Arsenal have been impacted financially, every club has, with most being hit a lot harder than Arsenal.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No mate, let's add Messi while we're at it. It's not like the club is gonna lose over 100m this year due to lockdown.

Already recouped 36% of that with the wage cuts and Mkhitaryan ****ing off. Upamecano next, blimey!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think you are overlooking Özil already being at the club, the financial resources we will have available and other areas in need of more urgent attention.
Academy players have stepped up for us this year and I think we will trust them to fill the gaps we financially cant fill next season as well

I'd argue attacking midfield is one of the top priorities. This is obviously dependent on player sales. If the club sell well then they can bring in good first team players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Would people be happy with Xhaka - Partey as a midfield base?

Yeah I think so, I still think Xhaka can be improved on easily, but they'd probably form a decent partnership. We're seriously missing that creative player though although from what I hear Partey can help in that department.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Would people be happy with Xhaka - Partey as a midfield base?
Finding a player to hide his flaws will never be a solution for me. I don't think this transfer will happen, but if it does somehow, I would rather sell Xhaka and find the right partner for Partey or see if Torreira is willing to stay

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd much prefer a Torreira - Partey 'base', though I think 'base' is the wrong word as we should move to a 4-3-3 not 4-2-3-1.

Partey covers Torreira's weaknesses as he's more mobile, allowing Torreira to use his tenacity and tackling ability while covering a smaller space/zone in front of the defenders.

Torreira is better at receiving the ball under pressure and in quickly progressing with short passes (whereas Xhaka has more passing range, but that would be covered by Partey).

In posession I see Partey more as an upgrade on Xhaka than a complimentary signing. Still, when not in posession he would cover some of Xhaka's weaknesses.

Would be a massive upgrade on a Xhaka - Guendouzi pairing, but still not too keen on that duo.

Torreira
Partey - Saka​

Solid cover and distribution on the right side for Pepe, meaning he can play further forward and be a threat to goal. Creativity from Saka and a lot of threat from the left. Great cover of the space in front of the defense, with Partey covering the bigger spaces.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Think we need to start using ESR like City have utilized Foden the past few seasons.

Agree, we can only hope for the best with ESR. But I still think putting all our eggs in the ESR basket is way too risky. Foden plays a bit-part role at City, and ESR might not even be as good as Foden. City have De Bruyne and Silva, we have no one basically. We need to be looking to bring in someone in that position.

I mean that kid at PSG, Adil Aouchiche, who's potentially leaving on a free this summer, you can get him and you don't even have to pay anything. Stylistically he reminds me a lot of Foden actually.

I just think ESR needs a bit of help, he can't do it all himself.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think we need to start using ESR like City have utilized Foden the past few seasons.

City can utilise him in this way because they have KDB/D.Silva/B.Silva/Gundogan ect. We really need experience and quality in this position.

It will kill the young players if they all come through at once, we really need some seasoned pros to play alongside them.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Agree, we can only hope for the best with ESR. But I still think putting all our eggs in the ESR basket is way too risky. Foden plays a bit-part role at City, and ESR might not even be as good as Foden. City have De Bruyne and Silva, we have no one basically. We need to be looking to bring in someone in that position.

I mean that kid at PSG, Adil Aouchiche, who's potentially leaving on a free this summer, you can get him and you don't even have to pay anything. Stylistically he reminds me a lot of Foden actually.

I just think ESR needs a bit of help, he can't do it all himself.
Don't forget Saka who could be the creative LCM. I'd be alright with ESR and Saka covering that position next year if we don't have the funds to get another top CM alongside a LCB and Partey (and a possible Auba replacement.

Goonger

I think in an ideal world we would all hope for a full overhaul of the midfield, but given our financial situation and the fact most clubs don't like too many changes at the 1 time I think we will probably need to accept incremental improvements.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Don't forget Saka who could be the creative LCM. I'd be alright with ESR and Saka covering that position next year if we don't have the funds to get another top CM alongside a LCB and Partey (and a possible Auba replacement.

Yeah I suppose so, I just think if we can possibly afford another option we should go for it. Arteta spoke recently about two attacking midfield positions and needing to score more from midfield. If there are two attacking mids then there's room for more than just Saka, ESR and Willock.

Take Aouchiche on a free, I say. If anything just to piss St Etienne off, they're after him too. If we're gonna have a feud let's having a f*cking feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom