• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs AC Milan – 7:45pm – 06/03/12 - SS2

quattro

very proud of the performance. brave show from the lads.

now lets smash the toon and catch the ****.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Bloody hell what the hells going on with the site? that's the third game in a row it's banged out on us.

Anyway proud of the lads they couldn't have done much more and it was so close, maybe it's done us a favour though, do we really have the personnel to go forward in the CL and Prem with all these injuries?

Let's make sure we get 3rd or 4th and have a real go at the CL next year when we buy some additions or at least get our full squad back.

I wanted the boy's to go take respect from those Milan b*tches and that was mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned, Milan will be having nightmares for weeks after that clattering.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
arsenal-mania is not good these days. hope the admin is working with this problem.

well anyway i dont know how rvp miss the golden chance at the 2nd half should have scored but i dont blame him he is legend.

Robin van Persie ‏ @Persie_Official
I'm very proud to be a gunner tonight we gave everything we had! The fans were incredible best atmosphere I ever experienced thanks so much!

mo50

Established Member
That was a real gut wrenching end to the game. It would've been easier to take if we just won 1-0. The players also looked gutted at the final whistle.

Proud of the players tonight though. Milan looked absolutely dogshit and couldn't handle the pressing and intensity we showed.

So many ifs and buts though. If only RvP scored THAT chance, if only the San Siro pitch wasn't a piece of ****, if only Djourou wasn't....Djourou. At the end of the day exiting this competition is better for us. Now we can focus on securing a top 4 finish.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Great victory, even if we didn't get through. We just beat the champions of Italy 3-0, that makes me happy. All we need to do now is make sure we are in the Champions League again next season.

Bossa

Established Member
I thought that Gervinho was really poor and shouldnt be starting again when AOC and Theo are fit.

Watching Park and Chamakh play make me cringe and they need to be shipped ASAP.

All the others played with a lion heart but they tired so much in the 2nd half. Again our subs costs us the game.

Illusion

Established Member
Most branded it an insurmountable task and even though that proved true, it was through no real fault of our own. The players did enough, injuries and tiredness were pulling them down every step of the way, but somehow we found ourselves 3-0 up at half time. Against a Milan side that looked seriously afraid of our team.

The referee was a total joke all game, yet again we get a truly awful referee for a Champions League game. Giving almost everything possible to Milan and barely a scrap to us, no matter how severe the foul (Mexes on Vermaelen as an example).

Proud of the team, they worked hard and deserved the fourth goal, pride has been somewhat restored and our run of impressive victories continue.

I'm sad to be out of the competition, but it's probably for the best this season. The squad is on it's last legs and will barely manage to see out the league campaign as it stands. There is no room for more than the league this season for this squad, hopefully the summer will see this change for the better. Right now the most important thing is to get third and ensure that the entire summer can be spent looking for targets, knowing (not hoping) that we're in the champions league group stage next season.

Fourth is the bare minimum, third is the real target.

Sad to see AM dying so frequently these days, hopefully something can be done about it, we're missing out on sharing some excellent moments together.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Arteta inplace of Gerv, Ox on the wings tonight, and we brush this Milan team aside as if they didn't exist.

Agreed, I've seen Ox play in both positions now centre and wide, yes he's talented enough to do both but imo he's more effective on the wing in a Left or RWF role where he can do damage, the penalty was won from that sort of position with him running at defenders toward goal.

Also I have to say it was not a good day for Gervhino.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Very proud today. We gave everything we had, and we could have scored 3 more if it wasn't for our tired legs. You could see we just were running on empty fuel in the second half.

Our missed chance in the second half keeps replaying in my mind. Such a shame, but thats football.

Hats off to Rosicky, what a talented player my god, such a shame about his injuries. But I'm glad he's finally stepping up his game and showing his expirience. He was like a second captain today, you could see how he was leading our team along side van Persie. After van Persie's miss Rosicky was there patting his back trying to encorage him again. Great man, great player.

The Ox was also amazing. So much effort. Great attitude and so much talent.

Everyone else I felt was also very good, except Gerv who put in a good defensive shift and gave everything, but never got in the game and nothing came out for him.

Shame, but a great performance.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Also can't help but wonder, what would have happened if Arshavin had come on instead of Chamack...

That loan deal was always going to backfire.

But I have to say Wenger was spot on today motivating the players and with the tactics. Tired legs cost us.

blaze_of_glory

Well I wanted Wenger to rest players and just let the kids play this one, but I'm glad now that he didn't. What a great performance and what a way to regain face in the competition. The players may be disappointed not to go through, but they must be inspired by what they did in todays game itself.

Very proud of the team today.

mistaT

Established Member
Proud of the team and Arsène - he did a good job prepping them.

Loved the set corner for the first goal as it was totally orchestrated.

Thought everyone bar Gibbs, Gervvinho and to an extent Sagna were great. Those three weren't up to it and its concerning that Gibbs couldn't contribute offensively or defensively.

I like your point brady about us looking better with an inverted midfield too, think Arteta/Song behind an AM is too static.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I'm proud of our lads each and every one of them. Playing against the Sp*ds, 'Pool and then going behind in the manner we did and coming back to win the game must've taken taken so much out of the players both mentally and physically and still perform like they did tonight takes a lot of courage, desire and a heart of a lion and I'm proud to be a Gooner and I thank them for their effort.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, keep your gifted feet firmly on the ground and the sky is the limit for you son.

Graeme Souness and Gullit are both mugs by the way.

Invincible

Established Member
Well done to the lads; great effort. Left ourselves with too much to do though in the end. We lost the tie in the first leg. We'd have pissed it had they shown half the passion in the away game as they did last night.

Hats off to Rosicky btw, what a fantastic player. He has been world class in the last few games. Give him a new contract asap.

VancouverCanuck

Another (hopefully) positive from today's match is it proves to everyone, especially RVP, that we still have a decent team. If we can bring in 3 quality players in the summer, we will have a realistic chance of winning something next year. Combining that with finishing in the top 4, that will hopefully convince Robin to stay.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Song was absolutely abysmal. No excuses, he was a complete passanger. It's a shame Coquelin is out, because on that form he deserves a benching. Chamberlain looked great, and covered his ass in an attacking and defensive sense all night.

Milan's only good midfuelder was MvB. Nocerino was Song-level for most of the game. Their LB wasn't half bad either... Credit to the lads, almost completed the comeback, but ran out of steam badly after the 65th minute mark.

VancouverCanuck

Another (hopefully) positive from today's match is it proves to everyone, especially RVP, that we still have a decent team. If we can bring in 3 quality players in the summer, we will have a realistic chance of winning something next year. Combining that with finishing in the top 4, that will hopefully convince Robin to stay.

dreamLord

Established Member
Song and Walcott...need better from these two. Just dont look like Arsenal players. Brainless and amateur.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well, what a game and a stunning 1st half performance from The Gunners. Our lack of squad depth was exposed again as we never had anyone of significance to come on and get that last goal for us.

Hats off to all the lads, even the ones that didn't play to their best. Much pride was restored tonight and our current winning streak was maintained.

Milan were there for the taking tonight and with a slightly stronger squad, how we missed a Cesc Fabregas or Jack Wilshere tonight, we could have done. the impossible.

I thought our wingers weren't as devastating as could be and didn't know why Gervinho didn't switch wings with Theo and have a go at Mesbah, the left back, with his dribbling. Theo just didn't take him on enough for me.

I also couldn't help but thinking that if one tiny Russian was still on our books he could have made the difference as our passing in the final 1/3rd wasn't really impressive.

We looked knackered in the 2nd half and we lost any midfield control that we had obtained in the 1st half.

Still, overall a defeat but I hope that the result will boost the lads' confidence for the next game on Monday. TBH, our squad ain't good enough (with injuries taken into consideration) to go too deep in the CL and whilst I am sad that we lost the tie, we can hopefully cement our place in the top 4 (aim for 3rd) and re-tool in the Summer and come back in much better shape next year.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom