• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs AC Milan – 7:45pm – 06/03/12 - SS2

kopzilla

Always Negative
Just watched the highlights...we could have easily scored a few more in the first half itself.

Both sides left plenty of spaces to exploit and it seemed like a completely different Milan and Arsenal side.

With the injuries we had, we really did a great job of making a comeback.

Airknight

Established Member
kopzilla said:
Just watched the highlights...we could have easily scored a few more in the first half itself.

Both sides left plenty of spaces to exploit and it seemed like a completely different Milan and Arsenal side.

With the injuries we had, we really did a great job of making a comeback.

You're right, Milan's defence was a disaster on the first half, i couldn't help but feel that with proper wingers the result would have been at least 5-0 on half time.

Gotta feel proud of the players though, it might have taken a 4-0 beating for it to appear, but the desire to win for Arsenal was in everyone yesterday.

viper_001

Established Member
untitled-1cvjlq.gif

This could have been the goal that made our dream reality. On any other day his hand wouldn't have been there and we would have had our foot in the door.

Whatever. Couldn't be more proud to call myself a gunner. The team fought and earned their pride back

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Please fix the site, I lost whatever I was trying to post before I can even post it

(literally means I forgot everything while waiting for the site to be online again)

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Rain Dance said:
Please fix the site, I lost whatever I was trying to post before I can even post it

(literally means I forgot everything while waiting for the site to be online again)

Don't expect anything to happen too fast.

Nasri is still our topscorer on the homepage with Chamakh a close second and you are lucky if there is a new article to read once every month.

Mastadon

Established Member
Fantastic performance from the team and pride is fully restored. We were so close to doing it and the way we started the match was awe inspiring. High tempo attacking football that we have been begging for served almost to perfection. And massive credit to AW for getting the team up for this one despite the odds.

Braydz

Problems with the site probably the reason why theres only 10 pages on this thread?

What a performance from the team, they saved our pride there and we should be proud of them. Most individual performances were pleasing, especially Rosicky and Kos. Though Song was really really poor with his passing though, if it wasn't for rosicky we would of got overun in midfield.
But again, so pleased from the game hopefully we smash Newcastle aswell.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't think the team will suffer in any way from getting knocked out of the CL despite an emphatic 3-0 home win against Milan.

I know we've been there before, seeing the team down and broken after the final whistle, but this time, I'm deadsure we won't be witnessing a collapse over the next weeks.

If any, we're on the verge of continuing our good recent run.
The team has shown spirit and character, things we've been lacking in recent seasons and while the quality might not be there, you can see an Arsenal team, determined to do well for the club and its fans.

brady_style

Braydz said:
Problems with the site probably the reason why theres only 10 pages on this thread?

What a performance from the team, they saved our pride there and we should be proud of them. Most individual performances were pleasing, especially Rosicky and Kos. Though Song was really really poor with his passing though, if it wasn't for rosicky we would of got overun in midfield.

The Ox was immense beside him. Both were excellent.

Song was ok in the first half. He lost his head and started going all over the place in the second,

I've said it before ... we look much better with two attacking midfielders and one sitting. I hope we don't go back to this nonsense of two cm behind Rosicky. It's so ineffective and, for me, it means we end up becoming predictable and passing sideways all the time.

Kain

Established Member
What a great game, outstanding effort from both the players last night and the fans who went.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
It's three big games won in a row now, which is just stunning given how stretched the squad and how tough the schedule has been in recent weeks.

Credit to the team and Wenger.

Braydz

brady_style said:
Braydz said:

The Ox was immense beside him. Both were excellent.

Song was ok in the first half. He lost his head and started going all over the place in the second,

I've said it before ... we look much better with two attacking midfielders and one sitting. I hope we don't go back to this nonsense of two cm behind Rosicky. It's so ineffective and, for me, it means we end up becoming predictable and passing sideways all the time.

Forgot to give credit to the ox, you're right.
And on Song he was good mostly i just found his passing was pretty poor.

TheArsenalis

Two points:
1. they made me proud, we ever the more superior team, we played like a top team, solid performance.
2. Seeing this performance, im finding it hard to fathom how unrecognisable it is from virtually the rest of the season. I have no doubt in my mind that more could achieve this season. Look how solid we were defensively, wenger need to fox the hell up

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Great performance, guys really gave their all.
I think it was smart to play a little less attack oriented in 2nd half, since their goal would end it.
Shame we didn't have better solutions from the bench and that AOC played injured.
Tired legs and lack of good options on the bench prevented us from winning.
But all in all we can be only proud of the team and every player. Magnificient performance. If we played nearly as good in 1st leg we would have no trouble going through.
Maybe we should hypnotize players to think they start every game with 4-0 down.

ArsenalDNA

Is there any better way to go out a competition?

Bitter sweet really. Sad to be out of the comp but relieved that we can just concentrate on catching those gimps in third.

Have to say it but that was probably Van Persie's worst game of the season so far. Slowing down attacks, taking the wrong options and obviously missing that sitter. I'm sure he knows he had an off night too.

Kos was definitely man of the match for me. He managed to keep Ibra quiet all night. Have to wonder how the first leg would have finished if Kos had stayed on the whole game.

ArsenalDNA

Thommybhoy said:
Great performance, guys really gave their all.
I think it was smart to play a little less attack oriented in 2nd half, since their goal would end it.
Shame we didn't have better solutions from the bench and that AOC played injured.
Tired legs and lack of good options on the bench prevented us from winning.
But all in all we can be only proud of the team and every player. Magnificient performance. If we played nearly as good in 1st leg we would have no trouble going through.
Maybe we should hypnotize players to think they start every game with 4-0 down.

That would only work if we hypnotized the other team into thinking they were starting 4-0 up.

Tactically Milan were a fckn shambles. It wasn't till the second half that they realized slowing the game down would have benefited them. 80% of the first half was end to end which was only going to be a good thing for us.

They really should have come and parked that bus. We have enough trouble breaking down midtier premier league teams who defend with 10, i can't imagine we would have scored 3 if the champions of Italy decided to do the same thing.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Went to the game last night and the atmosphere was amazing, easily one of the best atmospheres there has been at the Emirates. The players gave everything in the first half and you could tell that after an hour they were exhausted. Maybe if we had a few more quality players on the bench we would of scored a few more.

The only downside really was that the front three were poor, when we needed them to be great, especially Walcott and Gervinho. Still, roll on Monday night and closing the gap to Sp**s down to a point.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I am very proud of the boys right now.
We gave everything, we lacked a little bit luck and the legs in the final third. but overall we can be proud this is a performance they should do everytime. we have the quality we outplayed Milan yesterday really we outplayed them.

Glovegun

Established Member
Very proud of the team. Finishing the season on a high, as we are looking to do, and finishing it on a low, as we have done in previous seasons, makes all the difference, even if the end result is the same (fourth place, no trophy). I want to see the team raring to go next season.

I thought the defence was magnificent. People underestimate just how easy Szczensy made everything look. Having someone who dominates their area like he does is such a bonus, and the centre-halves were rock solid. Sagna was decent, and I've got to say I don't get the Gibbs hate. He was solid enough, and he'll improve.

However, we've been shown up by a lack of attacking options off the bench. Chamakh and Park really are completely useless. That needs to be recitified as soon as possible. Gervinho isn't good enough to start yet for me, but I think he'll get better.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom