• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs Olympiacos – 7:45pm – 3/10/12 - SS4

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I actually was going to say even before he scored that Ramsey looks half decent as a L or RM.

In that position he can do Lampard esque driving forward runs and not leave gaping holes in the centre if it goes wrong.

He's looked good on the edges of midfield this season, not really as a winger per say but just off the centre.

blaze_of_glory

Time to start playing Podolski, Gervinho and Giroud up front at once? Or does that leave our bench too weak in terms of offense?

KY

Established Member
Ox trying a bit too hard tonight i think...gave the ball away cheaply tonight a few times.
But Vermaelen was pretty bad tonight. His Gung Ho style is geeeting a bit annoying...

DiamondGooner

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Giroud get an assist in 10min he play lets see the media and our forum will write him off.

Yeah but in all fairness Gerv got a goal and an assist.

I'll tell you the problem here is that unlike Gervinho, Giroud can't create his own chances he needs to be fed assists.

Gervinho can score all on his own.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Nice win in the end. Good game from Gervinho, of course, and very nice to see Ramsey bag one. 2 from 2. Excellent start to the campaign.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Podolski and Gervinho our best strikers right now they are on form and score goals they will start alot of games need giroud to start with them, am not liking the ox performance in last games.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
DiamondGooner said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Giroud get an assist in 10min he play lets see the media and our forum will write him off.

Yeah but in all fairness Gerv got a goal and an assist.

I'll tell you the problem here is that unlike Gervinho, Giroud can't create his own chances he needs to be fed assists.

Gervinho can score all on his own.

Agree with you, yao kouassi is man on form giroud in other hand he need some one to give him services to get goals and am sure gervinho and poldi can give him that.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Things I learned from the match
Szczesny needs to be our no.1 as soon as he gets fit, Mannone will give most fans heart attack
Mertesacker is now a starter, Kos-Verm are just too erratic, we need Merts leadership in defense
Diaby absence in our midfield is a real problem and till now neither Ramsey nor Coquelin look like real alternative maybe Wilshere will provide the missing link. For me OX would be a good choice
Gervinho I am still not convinced with but he's doing his job
Walcott, Giroud both look sharp and deserve a chance to start soon

Apart from that WE GOT THREE POINTS and that's the best way to describe this match

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What an odd game that was. CBs continuing their mindless streak, scary goalkeepers, coaches that look like Arjen Robben.....
Oh well we won a tight game and that's what counts. It should be a morale booster ahead of Saturday's game. I hope Mertesacker's back soon to keep everybody calm at the back. It's official..Sagna has to work hard to displace Jenkinson. Good win despite a well drilled and organised opponent.

arsmile

Established Member
we are missing diaby because coq isnt really doing it, but hopefully that will answer the question of where jack will come in and play

Buhry

Established Member

spartandre217 said:
Buhry said:
spartandre217 said:
Carl motherf***ing Jenkinson... adding vision, and link-up play to his excellent athleticism and tackling..

Hodgson has to call him up.

Yeah jenkinson is becoming a proper tank at the right back, great defending as usual and even had a cheeky back heal earlier :p

At this rate we could play him as a right winger when Sagna gets back, he's pretty much been our only attacking threat down the right hand side so far this seson.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of dropping him at this point.. Sagna can have the cup games as far as I'm concerned..

I agre with that, the way he's playing at the moment I don't think I'd swap him for any right back in the league. Hopefully he can keep it up and even keep improving, he's been exellent the last 3-4 games in particular.

dysphoria

Established Member
bould needs to have a word with verms about needlessly rampaging forwards in the closing stages of the game when we're defending a 2-1 lead. Seriously, you're the captain, you're a central defender, show more restraint and responsibility.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
arsmile said:
we are missing diaby because coq isnt really doing it, but hopefully that will answer the question of where jack will come in and play

the good thing is there is international break after westham game so maybe will give players like diaby rosicky get fit. and hope coq is ok.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
dysphoria said:
bould needs to have a word with verms about needlessly rampaging forwards in the closing stages of the game when we're defending a 2-1 lead. Seriously, you're the captain, you're a central defender, show more restraint and responsibility.
Agree totally..completely uncalled for especially when Olympiacos had brought on more attacking talent.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
jmsmtthw28 said:
Things I learned from the match
Szczesny needs to be our no.1 as soon as he gets fit, Mannone will give most fans heart attack
Mertesacker is now a starter, Kos-Verm are just too erratic, we need Merts leadership in defense
Diaby absence in our midfield is a real problem and till now neither Ramsey nor Coquelin look like real alternative maybe Wilshere will provide the missing link. For me OX would be a good choice
Gervinho I am still not convinced with but he's doing his job
Walcott, Giroud both look sharp and deserve a chance to start soon

Apart from that WE GOT THREE POINTS and that's the best way to describe this match
Forgot to mention our FBs, they have been a joy to watch this season.

Segway

We were hard pressed by a well organised and physically imposing Olympiakos side whose quality surprised me. We did well to limit their chances especially in the 2nd half and all three substitutions came in and did well.

Gervinho was fantastic tonight. Good finish and nice assist for the ever reliable Podolski. Verm and Kos looked disjointed (again) and were punished for it when we conceded. In midfield Arteta worked tirelessly and was once again pivotal for protecting the back four. Ox had another off day and he looks like a player who needs a boost of confidence. Oh... And don't forget Jenkinson. Guy's coming off with basically everything he does atm. Even back heel flicks for god's sake!

All in all a poor 1st half but decent improvement in the 2nd half.

darthwenger

Lot of praise for Jenkinson & Gibbs.

Very unimpressed by both CB's tonight - Vermaelen bombing forward when we needed to keep it tight was suicidal defending. Against any another top European team we would get punished.

Coquelin also disappointing

darthwenger

dysphoria said:

This.

It was like Vermaelen knew he was having a bad game so thought a goal would make everything okay instead of actually concentrating and doing his job properly. It was scary.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom