• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Montpellier vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 18/9/12 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
I am going to try another crazy option... how about starting Giroud on the wing and Gervinho in the centre? Giroud might see more of the ball this way and find his feet better by becoming more involved..

GOONER1991

Established Member
GunnerGetYah said:
I am going to try another crazy option... how about starting Giroud on the wing and Gervinho in the centre? Giroud might see more of the ball this way and find his feet better by becoming more involved..

That is an awful idea.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Have to give Giroud a start against his old club, I personally wouldn't want him starting away to City tbh but that's another matter.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
GunnerGetYah said:
No way.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
GunnerGetYah said:

Nah mate, wouldn't work. Giroud is an ST. Nothing more!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I'd go for this considering we have Citeh soon.

Szcz
Jenk Kos Verm Santos
Diaby Arteta Cazorla
Gerv Giroud Podolski

Can't really change too much, its an away game to french champions. Once we are comfy, take off Cazorla Podolski Arteta then put on Ramsey Coq Theo Ox Arshavin whatever.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
fabo said:
Have to give Giroud a start against his old club, I personally wouldn't want him starting away to City tbh but that's another matter.
He will start. He's used to scoring in that stadium. If he does - score - start him v Citeh.

glaveror

Can't believe I'm missing this game too,****ing working.
I don't know what to expect from Montpellier but I'd like to see Cazorla and/or Arteta rested. Even though there is enough time till City game there's no need to overuse them,they'll be vital to our season.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I would be worried about resting too many at the same time. Its early in the season, and i am not sure if resting is desperately needed yet. Wondering if our momentum might do us more favours vs City and Chelsea.

I would definitely start Giroud though. A stadium where he has hit so many goals previously..see how he goes.

TheCourier

USArsenal said:
its funny that everyone is talking about saving our energy for City.. little hint, City play away at Real Madrid the same day we play Montpellier. they have the tougher game and will probably be expending more energy. we need to win our first CL match (away), and that will set us up nicely for the rest of the group stage. we can't come away from Mont. without 3 points (IMO). not only will it set us up, it will keep our momentum going moving into a couple tough league fixtures

No mate you are what I like our forwards to be only forward thinking :D . I'm referring to the fact we played saints only 4 days prior to this game and caz and some others played full 90 and my fear is a niggle happening in the cl game before playing citah.

qs

Established Member
I'd start Kos but at RB not centre half. Giroud up top, Gerv on the wing and give the Ox a rest

infineon

Established Member
I suspect Diaby will be back and maybe a break for Ox but otherwise probably the same starting line-up as yesterday.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Starting Kos at RB when we have FBs available is just inviting injury, no thanks.

Btw, I really don't understand this collective fear of messing up the defense by starting our best defender. If there is a system then it shouldn't matter who slots in there as long as they are quality and you can't do much better than Kos the Boss. So what, we wait until we run Mert or Verms into the ground and injure them before we "rotate?" :?

leo_ense

Established Member
Wenger on team v Montpellier: "The core of the team will remain, 7 or 8 players." #afc

Changes are abound. Think we will see Diaby (if fit), Koscielny, Giroud and Walcott come in. My wild card guess is Mannone or Santos in place of Walcott.

Edit: just realised Wenger begins his touch line ban during this game. Interesting to see how Bould copes on his own.

Wouterus

Santos will (and should) replace Gibbs. We need Gibbs to be fit for the Man city game, and I don't think it is smart to let him play 3 games in 8 days. That guy is almost as fragile as Diaby.

Invincible

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Starting Kos at RB when we have FBs available is just inviting injury, no thanks.

Btw, I really don't understand this collective fear of messing up the defense by starting our best defender. If there is a system then it shouldn't matter who slots in there as long as they are quality and you can't do much better than Kos the Boss. So what, we wait until we run Mert or Verms into the ground and injure them before we "rotate?" :?
Yes, you don't mess with an effective CB partnership. They need to play together as long as possible to establish telepathic understanding. You don't rotate in the CB position; tell me what (successful) team does that? Only in case of injury or tiredness should you make changes. And CB's don't usually get fatigued anyway as their role requires minimum physical work.

And no, Kos isn't our best defender. That is just your opinion. Kos looks impressive with his all action defending, but Merts' intelligence, positioning, leadership and composure is priceless and needed in any good CB partnership. This reminds me of people saying Vidic is better than Ferdinand when it was the latter who actually made Vidic look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom