• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Olympiacos vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 04/12/12 - ITV1

glaveror

bojed said:
Play the reserves.

If they win against the greeks, play them against wba.

Pretty much this. Maybe we'll find someone inspired in the reserves and if not,well,they can't be much worse than what we're seeing from the team right now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well Eisfeld has been outstanding every game he's played this season and hasn't had a start in the league, so even if somebody scored 3 I doubt they'd get a go against West Brom.

glaveror

Yeah,I know..it'll probably be same old story against WBA but we can still dream about a change. :)

darkgunner

Play all the reserves and the rejects, so they can stretch their legs, and so the 1st team can have a rest. None of this "respect the competition" bs. We need to rest more than we need 1st place in the group.

Olympiakos can win for all I care, we will still qualify.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
The sad thing is, that Schalke are in poor form as well at the moment, so with a win we could win the group, but honestly, I can't see us winning against Olympiacos.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Wenger doesnt rest players for this game he needs examined as all he has said recently are the players are tired, away games and travelling (yawn).

Szczesny
Jenkenson Squillaci JD Miguel

Ramsey Eisfeld (Arshavin?) Coquelin

Chamberlain Walcott Gnarby

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
3-1 seems about right. Even with a 1st team I don't think we have (at present) what it takes to win out there. However, I expect a mish mash team. A mish mash performance and another loss........:( Grrrrrr

GDeep™

League is very weak
The boys will put in a performance and get atleast a draw.

Some of you are being negative just for the sake of it.

Jbruin

Established Member
GDeep said:

You're quite optimistic to me, I see nothing in this team at the moment to suggest we'll get anything out of this game, people predicting losses aren't just being negative for the sake of it, ****'s just that bad right now.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
GDeep said:

Quite honestly I'm not sure how you could watch the last two months of failure and not be somewhat negative about our prospects in this match. Coupled with the fact that we have already qualified from the group.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence since October 6th that this team has what it takes to win a tough home game, let alone a tough away game.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Just play whoever apart from cazorla and arteta.
I cannot bare to hear the word jaded again after another prem loss/draw!

I'd love us to do well but sometimes I just think what's the point? We aren't going to win it and at least Wenger will have 1 less excuse for us playing ****.

Loken

Things I want to see:

1. Drop the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or whatever the hell it is. It doesn't work with inferior players or inadequate tactics.

2. Rest AT LEAST 4-5 starters (Santi, Arteta, Wilshere, Mertesacker, Giroud, Podolski etc)

3. Take some risks in our play; take on the man, more forward/ direct passes.

4. Play some attractive football with quick passing in behind their defence, no more lethargic tippy-tappy rubbish.

5. Organise ourselves in set-pieces, it doesn't have to be beautiful or played out - just clear it out.

Lastly and MOST IMPORTANTLY -

6. Be an outlet - for ages we've seen Vermaelen, Sagna or Arteta play themselves into trouble when everyone else is marked out the game. Find some space and be available.

Who am I kidding, 3-0 Olympiakos.

leo_ense

Established Member
Mirror stating that Wilshere, Walcott and Podolski definitely won't travel to Athens, with Cazorla and Arteta possibilities for rest too. Think it's vital those 5 aren't forced to travel or play, would be detrimental for a team which looks so drained.

--------------------Szczesny-------------------
-Jenkinson-Djourou-Vermaelen-Santos-
---------------Coquelin-Ramsey------------
-Chamberlain---Rosicky---Arshavin----
--------------------Chamakh----------------

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Don't see us winning this and I think resting Cazorla should be a prime consideration.

There are going to be plenty of tough match-ups for group winners and runner-ups alike, so I'm not that fussed about finishing second vs first.

Revolution

redwhiteAustrian said:
The sad thing is, that Schalke are in poor form as well at the moment, so with a win we could win the group, but honestly, I can't see us winning against Olympiacos.
Who cares if we win or come second in the group, we'll just crumble at the sight of the first good opposition.

leo_ense

Established Member
John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror

Wilshere not in. Seniors going to Athens: Jenkinson Arshavin Rosicky Vermaelen Ramsey Squillaci Chamakh Gervinho Ox Szczesny. Rest are kids

glaveror

leo_ense said:
John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror

Wilshere not in. Seniors going to Athens: Jenkinson Arshavin Rosicky Vermaelen Ramsey Squillaci Chamakh Gervinho Ox Szczesny. Rest are kids

Can't wait to see Squid in action again!
Seriously though,that seems like a good choice for a game of no importance.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom