• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Olympiacos vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 04/12/12 - ITV1

leo_ense

Established Member
Arsenal squad:
1 Wojciech Szczesny
5 Thomas Vermaelen
7 Tomas Rosicky
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Aaron Ramsey
18 Sebastien Squillaci
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Andrey Arshavin
25 Carl Jenkinson
27 Gervinho
29 Marouane Chamakh
38 Martin Angha
39 Zak Ansah
48 Sead Hajrovic
53 Jernade Meade
55 Elton Monteiro
60 James Shea
67 Chuba Akpom

Suprised Wenger didn't include Djourou or Santos, think we may see them leave soon.

Sam the Duck

leo_ense said:
Arsenal squad:
1 Wojciech Szczesny
5 Thomas Vermaelen
7 Tomas Rosicky
16 Aaron Ramsey
18 Sebastien Squillaci
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Andrey Arshavin
25 Carl Jenkinson
27 Gervinho
29 Marouane Chamakh
38 Martin Angha
39 Zak Ansah
48 Sead Hajrovic
53 Jernade Meade
55 Elton Monteiro
60 James Shea
67 Chuba Akpom

Suprised Wenger didn't include Djourou or Santos, think we may see them leave soon.

It's a shame that Eisfeld is not included. It would have been a good chance for him to try himself against strong opposition.

dreamLord

Established Member
Why is Eisfeld not included but these kids who are younger and more inexperienced than him are? Any idea? Is he injured?

Wouterus

Eisfeld played 90 minutes with the reserves on Sunday, maybe that's why he isn't selected. But then: Why did they let him play 90 minutes if Wenger wanted to take a couple of reserves to Greece?

leo_ense

Established Member
Eisfeld hasn't been registered or he might be ineligible. Will be interesting to see how Rosicky does in his first start.

Bossa

Established Member
============Chamakh
=============Arshavin
Chamberlain Coquelin Ramsey Rosicky
Miquel Vermaelen Squillaci Jenkinson
==============Szczesny

Stop this 433 nonsense

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Thank god most senior players get a rest.

Good opportunity to see in what kind of shape and form Arshavin & Rosicky are.

MaestroCesc

leo_ense said:
Arsenal squad:
1 Wojciech Szczesny
5 Thomas Vermaelen
7 Tomas Rosicky
16 Aaron Ramsey
18 Sebastien Squillaci
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Andrey Arshavin
25 Carl Jenkinson
27 Gervinho
29 Marouane Chamakh
38 Martin Angha
39 Zak Ansah
48 Sead Hajrovic
53 Jernade Meade
55 Elton Monteiro
60 James Shea
67 Chuba Akpom

Santos has been injured for the last few weeks and Djourou wasnt on the bench for Swansea when Squid was, so guessing he is injured.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
leo_ense said:
I'm expecting these bunch of pussies to **** this up. The Greek atmosphere will have them floored.
They've been in the Camp Nou, the San Siro, and the former Yugoslavia. The Greek atmosphere is not going to faze them.

I expect this kind of stupidity from Tottenham fans. Not here.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Revolution said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
The sad thing is, that Schalke are in poor form as well at the moment, so with a win we could win the group, but honestly, I can't see us winning against Olympiacos.
Who cares if we win or come second in the group, we'll just crumble at the sight of the first good opposition.
You mean like we did at Man City?

I expect this kind of...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
leo_ense said:
Eisfeld hasn't been registered or he might be ineligible. Will be interesting to see how Rosicky does in his first start.
Both. He wasn't named in our List A squad and he's not eligible as an U21/List B (2 years at club w/o interruption). Basically, no Eisfeld in the CL this season.

musicmonkey

Established Member
-------------------Szczesny
-Jenkinson-Monteiro-Vermaelen-Meade/Angha
-------------Coquelin-Ramsey
--Chamberlain---Rosicky---Arshavin
-------------------Akpom

That's what i'd like to see personally, not worth playing the likes of Chamakh and Squillaci, it's clear Wenger has no faith in them, we want rid and Squillaci's contract is running down so it's set to go anyway. Give the youngsters a game as we seem to be treating this as a nothing game given the squad list.

Angha might be better for Lb, there's something about Meade's size that makes me anxious about playing him considering we watched Clichy get targeted in the air when we had him and he wasn't even short.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
I am glad AW has rested all the key men, and taken all the rejects to have a bit of a run out with kids. Not sure Vermaelen leading this lot out is a confidence booster or have a demoralising effect on his inconsistent displays. I am not too concerned if we come 2nd in the group, all those qualified are quality teams in Europe. We got to play with the best and have the ability to deal with them lot.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Azeem Khaja said:
I am glad AW has rested all the key men, and taken all the rejects to have a bit of a run out with kids. Not sure Vermaelen leading this lot out is a confidence booster or have a demoralising effect on his inconsistent displays. I am not too concerned if we come 2nd in the group, all those qualified are quality teams in Europe. We got to play with the best and have the ability to deal with them lot.

I view it more as he has something to prove. Players like Arteta and Cazorla have been poor because they've been overplayed, Vermaelean has just been poor. Most of the players that have been taken are those that need to prove themselves anyway.

Vela

Established Member
-------------Szczesny
Jenkinson-Squillaci-Verm-Meade
-------Coquelin---Ramsey
Chamberlain--Rosicky--Arshavin
-------------Gerv/Chamakh

It's annoying that the likes of Eisfeld, Toral, Bellerin, Olsson can't play. As if they were registered they would have been on bench for Tuesday.

evoh_1

Established Member
--------------------Szczesny-------------------
-Jenkinson-Squillaci-Vermaelen-Angha-
---------------Coquelin-Ramsey------------
-Chamberlain---Arshavin---------Gervinho----
--------------------Chamakh----------------

Can't have rosicky straight up start a game like this as his first start it would send him back to the physio room for a year as the greeks will be all over this with us taking a team of children.

Angha is going to clown in a couple of goals with squillaci as these are two players who are basically useless at defending, hopefully ramsey and coqueling will play a defensive enough game to allow arshavin to roam as a support striker off chamakh.

Pires7_Legend

-------------Szczesny---------
Jenkinson-Squillaci-Verm-Meade
-------Coquelin---Ramsey
Chamberlain--Rosicky--Arshavin
-------------Gervinho---------

Squillaci seriously like!!
Why not Djourou or Miquel?

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom