• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Partizan Belgrade vs Arsenal, 28/09/10, SS4, 19:45

Bossa

Established Member
Arshavin shouldnt play. He's being overplayed and he looks tired. Rest him for Chelsea. We should also rest Kos, Nasri and Chamakh for Chelsea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
hope they fix the awful performance

i dont care

sagna kos squillaci (clichy except better)

song except better and remember you are a DM no CF

nasri wilshere

rozza chamakh vela

-Shaun-

I think people on here get far too concerned about players fitness levels. It's not like he's played 4 games in a week - Nasri is a fit lad and should play this game (especially as Fabregas is out).

P_Gunner

Rest Nasri, Koscielny, Arshavin and Chamakh. All 4 are being overplayed and we need them for Chelsea.

Szczesny should play to see what he can do.

-----------Szczesny-----------------

Sagna----Squid - Djourou---------Gibbs

--------Denilson--Song--------------
-------------Wilshere----------------

Rosicky --------JET---------------Vela

Doesn't matter if we lose, we'll still get through anyways. The important game is on Sunday, lose to Chelsea and 7 points might be too much for us to catch up on.

Of course, Arsène will play his strongest team - as I can't recall a single moment where he's played a weakened team in a CL game when we haven't already qualified.

Lespin

We should easily win this one. I saw Partizan twice in the Qualification rounds and they are just awful. They just have one half decent striker (Cleo). Vela, Denilson, Szczesny, Djourou and Gibbs should all play.

Sannei

Lespin said:
We should easily win this one. I saw Partizan twice in the Qualification rounds and they are just awful. They just have one half decent striker (Cleo). Vela, Denilson, Szczesny, Djourou and Gibbs should all play.
I'm sure that I read this in the West Brom thread as well before yesterday. The truth is that for some players in this squad no opponent is too awful or to be taken lightly, they are simply not good enough to play below an adequate level and expect a good result.

progman07

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I would also rest Nasri. We will be reliant on him for creativity against Chelsea, that's if Fabregas doesn't make it.
Also rest Wilshere then, we will be reliant on him for his heading at set pieces against Chelsea. :lol:

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Eboue--Djourou--Squillaci--Gibbs

--------------Song

---------Wilshere--Denilson

----------------Diaby

--------Nasri----Vela----Rosicky

Yep, that's a 4-4-3.

Gunner_JT

Denilson Song and Wilshere in the middle. Rosicky, Vela and JET to play up front. Chamakh needs to be rested for this obviously.

Kain

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Eboue--Djourou--Squillaci--Gibbs

--------------Song

----------------Diaby

--------Nasri----Vela----Rosicky

Yep, that's a 4-4-3.

haha soz had to edit and learn to read :lol:

Rorz

Established Member
I would play;

Szczesny
Eboue-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy
Song-Denilson
Rosicky
Nasri-Vela-Arshavin

Almunia deserves to be dropped, Fabianski doesn't deserve to start, so Szczesny needs to be given a chance. Chamakh also needs a rest so Vela should play.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Their striker Cleo has some nice words for us:
That defeat was in the opening Group H game, 1-0 away to Shakhtar Donetsk, after which they learnt that Arsenal had demolished Sporting Braga 6-0. It was a result that confirmed Cleo's respect for the London club. "We're always watching the Premier League on television in Serbia and I like watching Arsenal. The way they play, it's almost Brazilian. It's a great style and I like the way Arsène Wenger gives opportunities to young players. I'm very fond of Cesc Fabregas, [Andrey] Arshavin and the [Marouane] Chamakh guy. It will be an honour to play against these guys. After what they did to Braga, I'm a bit worried, but I think our supporters will make it difficult for Arsenal."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/death-threats-dont-scare-cleo-the-lion-2089803.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 89803.html</a>

He moved from Red Star to Partizan, which the article likens to Sol from Sp**s to us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
-------------Almunia

Sagna--Djourou--Squillaci--Gibbs

----------------Diaby

--------Eboue----Vela----Rosicky

If we need a goal bring AA, Chamakh and Nasri on.

asajoseph

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
-------------Almunia

----------------Diaby

Why not just send the youth team?

Having just thrown away one match with an absurdly hyper-negative selection, would be nice not to do the same again.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
asajoseph said:
truth_hurts said:
-------------Almunia

----------------Diaby

Why not just send the youth team?

Having just thrown away one match with an absurdly hyper-negative selection, would be nice not to do the same again.

I like the idea of bringing on the likes of AA, Chamack and Nasri. That team there should be strong enough to dominate Partizan and it is plenty experienced.

Also I think it was a poor team performance which played a bigger factor in us losing against Brom than a negative team selection.

asajoseph

Established Member
Any team in the Champions League that lets any of that front three score against them should be thrown out of the competition before the end of the group stages.

I'd agree with playing Diaby and Rosicky, maybe even Denilson, but Vela shouldn't be coming on until the game is comfortable, and Eboue has no business playing in midfield, or especially up front. We'd be better off playing Emmanuel Thomas, or, better yet, selecting a proper forward!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom