• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I want to see the following team:

GK: Ospina
RB: Gabriel
CB: Mustafi
CB: Koscienly
LB: Monreal
CM: Xhaka
CM: Ox
ACM: Özil
RW: Lucas
LW: Welbeck
CF: Alexis

Bellerin, Cech and Coquelin to be dropped for poor form. Welbeck and Lucas chosen ahead of Iwobi and Walcott due to their higher workrate that I think we will need for this match.

Will never happen though, expect same lineup as the weekend with exception of Monreal in for Gibbs and Ospina instead Cech.

Silvinho's ball bag

I want to see the following team:

RB: Gabriel
CB: Mustafi
CB: Koscienly
LB: Monreal
ACM: Özil
RW: Lucas
LW: Welbeck
CF: Alexis

Bellerin, Cech and Coquelin to be dropped for poor form. Welbeck and Lucas chosen ahead of Iwobi and Walcott due to their higher workrate that I think we will need for this match.

Will never happen though, expect same lineup as the weekend with exception of Monreal in for Gibbs and Ospina instead Cech.
This is the front 3 I want.

Maybe Gibbs should start too, because Monreal WILL get burned.

marting

Drop Özil for Elney or Xhaka, get Coq to stay deep like he was last season, Lets go for a fast front 3, Welbeck, Alexis, Perez/Theo.

Lets just go for high work rate and quick attacks, In our current form we cant carry an Özil nothing against him, but in the middle of the park we just need grafters. Lets work hard and finish the first leg with a fighting chance at home. Even that will be seen as an improvement!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arsène needs to be brave and drop Özil*. Bring in Perez and Welbeck. A midfield of Xhaka Coquelin and Ox.

*Ordinarily I wouldn't call this a brave decision. Özil is so horribly out of form that any manager wouldn't risk a player like that in what is looming as our biggest game of the season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thats a start!

Crazy how much more rounded half fit Welbeck is to our other options. I kicked up a right fuss when we signed him. :eek:ops:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
LCB: Mustafi
CB: Koscielny
RCB: Gabriel
RWB: Bellerin
LWB: Monreal
DM: Elneny
AM: Alexis
CF: Welbeck

Solid base. Pace and width on the flanks. Counter attack like a mofo. 3 at the back when we have the ball, 5 at the back when we don't.

Bayern play incredibly narrow. Ancelotti is likely to go 4-2-3-1 with Thiago as chief playmaker and a Vidal-Alonso axis in midfield. I expect to see Muller and Douglas Costa either side of Thiago, but playing as inverted wide AMs cutting in. This will play into our hands if we congest the middle and switch play quickly on counters. Pin Elneny on Thiago. RB Leipzig made the mistake of trying to out-football Bayern, and even when they are out of form, they are efficient when they get chances.

Be smart - the objective is to bring this back to the Emirates with a clean sheet or at least be in contention. If we need more than 1 goal in the second leg we'll get burned. Mustafi and Kos need to cut out the stray long passes from the back. They've been doing this too often lately.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Classic 2-0 loss.

Admirable display at the Emirates in the home leg.

Rinse & Repeat. Why do we try and fool ourselves.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm getting the sense that Özil is starting, but with a modified role. We might be seeing a new formation tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom