• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi, Gabriel, Gibbs, Coquelin, Xhaka, Ox, Iwobi, Özil.

You're trying to beat the best with those guys? Even Bellerin and Alexis wouldn't be nailed on at at proper CL contender.

Goonerozil33

We had 26% possession today. Our technical quality had gone down immensely.Even against the best barca side we used to get 35-40% possession. The technical level needs to improve a lot for us to be able to compete. Most of these big matches we are unable to control midfield and as a result we end up having to defend so much. And when we defend we have too many players who are not great defenders. We should either prioritize defense or buy more technical players and play attacking footy. To play defensive football with Özil and iwobi is not good at all. I think we need to start having a 3 man midfield

Ben.hurst

Right should we get rid of The manager maybe so but last year shown us a lot ..Leicester won the league because they wanted it, every player went for every ball. Tonight we shown we really don't care. before the match the pundits said this is how athletico Madrid beat if we do the same we can cause problems but what did we do back off them let them make us look stupid, People say Arsenal may not be as good if arsen leaves but what would you rather a Arsenal team that finished 5 but spends money or a team that doesn't and gets a champions league spot but gets a 5 1 thrashing. Julian draxer great player why the hell did we not buy him when Barcelona couldn't cope with him makes no sense. Guys we love our manager but we need a change

Ashybashy86

People blaming everything on Wenger should be ashamed of themselves. The players are a ****ing disgrace as well and have let the club down. The players should refund the away fans and donate a month wages to some charity. Bunch of losers.
I get what you're saying to an extent, but how is it that regardless of the opposition, the team often look like they don't actually have a plan?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It is the fault of Wenger even though we faced a team that is far superior than us in every aspect. I have seen teams of lesser quality than us give bayern a hard time and not lose with the score line we did. We were disorganized everywhere on the pitch and everyone knew that Özil was going to be useless here. Was hoping that Welbeck and Elneny come on for Özil and Iwobi. This game just made me to give up.

Just look at Atletico Madrid they have less quality around the pitch then Bayern has still they play in an effective way, we are falling short every freaking year its a tactical and a mental aspect no excuses for this one again i am tired of the same bullshit everytime.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
When you look at how often Wenger's blaming the mentality of our players, you'd get the impression he's managing a mental asylumn and not a bloody football club.

Eboue1

Not blaming Wenger for this by the way, the players made some dreadful mistakes throughout the night.

ooo ssh...we have been knocked out by similar teams (bayern & Barcelona) each season on round of 16....this is not a coincidence

blames goes to the players every time, but in 7 years of this round of 16 shambles we have been having different number of players still got spankled as usual

players who got mauled today were not there in 2010 when we started this madness so their manager is a problem

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I get what you're saying to an extent, but how is it that regardless of the opposition, the team often look like they don't actually have a plan?

Because of Wenger, simple as that. Wenger wants them to figure it out for themselves and giving them more creative freedom. With Keown, Petit, Vieira, Bergkamp this works, with the players we have it doesn't. And Wenger bought the players as well.

But ffs, I've seen my Saturday league team perform better than that. And I don't mean by winning the third half in drinking bear.

OnAFiddle

You've just qualified for the next round and you're here giving advice on our manager.

:lol:
A few of my friend are Arsenal fans actually before you or anyone else have a go, one is even a Tottenham fan unfortunate. I've lived in Munich for over 15 years, lucky to have a team like Bayern, much like your team in the Henry era. But Wenger is poor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom