• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

leo_ense

Established Member
Re: UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | ITV

Read that Szczesny is back for this and Gibbs possibly.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Schalke showed some glaring defensive mistakes in their last league game at Hoffenheim, they lost 3-2. Definitely beatable bunch, but I wouldn't bet on our players bothering to turn up. If we lose this too, we'll have four defeats in our last five games, inexcusable.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

yuvken said:
ArseneKnows-47 said:
----------------------------Vimto----------------------------
Jenkinson---Mertesacker---Koscielny---Sagna
-------------Arteta------------------Wilshere-------------
Walcott-----------------Eisfeld-----------------Cazorla
---------------------------Podolski--------------------------

We need some goals.
Really?
I agree with this. But I doubt Wenger will, Farfan or no Farfan, he's no fan of such moves (seen today).

And if we need to score goals, why take off our only real CF?

Why not?

couldn't offer any less than ramsey.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard

@mavelous: We have seen how Schalke played at Emirates, it is going to be a highly charged game and I don't think this is really the moment to field youth with 'fantastic potential' and no experience. Let's opt for experience and quality, by that I mean to go with my line up above and keep the likes of Ramsey on the bench. We need the quality and creativity of Arshavin and Santi, pace of Theo, and finishing ability of Podolski; try to slot Giroud in to hassle mean German defence.

We have to seize this opportunity and give a boost to our zero confidence, which would help going into the next two consecutive London derby's at home.

DontPushMe

Ches being back is huge, if true, though Gibbs coming back would be bigger

Szczesny
Sagna-Mert-TV-Gibbs
Arteta-Wilshere
Cazorla
Walcott-Giroud-Podolski

Our best 11 we can put out there atm. Not impressive and many players that are out of form, but for the moment this is the best we can do.

If Gibbs isnt really i really hope we play Sagna at LB. Surely he cant do worse than Santos. Even if he does nothing but defend average over there it will be a substantial improvement on Santos.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I'm gonna call this now.

Wenger makes no tactical changes, plays practically the same system we have been playing that's been getting our ass whooped recently and we indeed will carry on that tradition against Schalke.

Oh and does any one want to make a bet on our defence making at least one major fk up, Vermaelen is top suspect.

If Wenger does make a change either in formation or personnel positions I'll be ecstatic.

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
I'm gonna call this now.

Wenger makes no tactical changes, plays practically the same system we have been playing that's been getting our ass whooped recently and we indeed will carry on that tradition against Schalke.

Oh and does any one want to make a bet on our defence making at least one major fk up, Vermaelen is top suspect.

If Wenger does make a change either in formation or personnel positions I'll be ecstatic.

This.

I'm not even looking forward to it, I'm expecting the same **** I've watched for the past 4 games (Norwich, QPR, Schalke and United).

Bloody dreadful.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yep, more Ramsey on the right wing. A guy who HAS NO PACE, NO TOUCH AND NO MOBILITY on our right wing.

More Podolski on the left wing. A guy who has overnight become a pile of **** displaying absolutely no pace (which I thought he had), balls or threat.

More Santos at left back. A guy who is just laughably bad and who swapped shirts with that scumbag AT HALF TIME.

More Vermaelen - our wonderful captain. A guy who just continues to astound with regards to his rapid decline.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Wow you guys are a miserable bunch.

let's see how santos is adapting, probably need to try ramsey on the left, he's useless otherwise anyway. the only thing he has is running up and down all day tracking the fullbacks or doubling up on farfan. podolski up top and cazorla on the left to complete the trick.

eisfeld to get his debut. maybe even a start?

Invincible

Established Member
Looking forward to the Santos and Farfan match-up.

Of course it is massively in the latter's favor but I'm interested to see just to what extent Farfan will rip the fat f*ck apart. And he will; you'd have had to have managed in the game for 30 years and obtained an economics degree not to be able to see that.

Alternatively, the self-harmer would do the obvious thing and eliminate the chance of the above happening by deciding not to play the Brazilian clown, but that would constitute thinking way out of the box for our master tactician. Still, a man can dream.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
We need to go back to 442 .we aren't creating enough chances we might as well have 2 strikers occupying defences

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
We have invented a new formation. Santos doesn't defend, poldi spent attack, Ramsey can't attack, giroud isolated, vermaelen all over the place it's 2-7-1!

trunks206

Established Member
Invincible said:
Looking forward to the Santos and Farfan match-up.

Of course it is massively in the latter's favor but I'm interested to see just to what extent Farfan will rip the fat f*ck apart.
And he will; you'd have had to have managed in the game for 30 years and obtained an economics degree not to be able to see that.

Alternatively, the self-harmer would do the obvious thing and eliminate the chance of the above happening by deciding not to play the Brazilian clown, but that would constitute thinking way out of the box for our master tactician. Still, a man can dream.

:lol: I came in here to post the very same thing. To be honest with the form we're in its the only thing I'm looking forward to.

:lol: Watching Farfan abuse Santos at the Emirates was highly entertaining and now that he knows the "quality" of his marker it should be even better viewing the second time around.

Plus it will hopefully help get him out of the club faster and force Wenger to do something about the LB position in January.

jaguars4ever

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
It's times like these when I wish we still had Traore at left back.
To be honest, we really ought to have just kept Ashley and paid him the extra 5k or whatever it was. He's still a boss left back and is light years ahead of Clichy (back then and even now). Clichy turned out to be the disloyal mercenary, who also suffered from poor concentration and positioning. Cole on the other hand, did not suffer from these defensive weaknesses. As as for his departure, well, he was force out under Wenger old "if I don't like you, you'll go" policy. The same policy that forced Pires out despite the fact we keep old, injury prone dross on the books these days.

I only hope that Gibbs can turn out to be half the player for us that Ashely Cole was. :)

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom