• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

Mastadon

Established Member
Yeah Cole was gone one way or another the 5k was just an excuse. Vieira was the first to realise the music had stopped and it was time to leave Henry followed soon. Saying Wenger forced Cole out is true first class revisionist bullsh1t the guy was meeting Abramovich and Mourinho behind our back how the f**k did Wenger force that on him? They were even fined for it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4596209.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 596209.stm</a>

jaguars4ever

Maybe eventually. Maybe not. There's not way to know that. What we do know is that Wenger & Co. failed to meet his financial demand - a demand he more than earned and deserved in light of his service and quality. Compare that to the wages that Chamakh, Bendter, Denilson, Sqillaci earn/earned and Cole demands were nothing. If Wenger & Co. wanted to keep him, they could have. But they didn't. And we suffered and continue to suffer because of it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Put Vermaelen on the left and Kos with Mert in the middle, or put Sagna on the left and Jenkinson on the right. As long as Santos is at home, thats all that matters.

Start Walcott in place of Ramsey, on the wing or as a striker, either is better than watching Ramsey play.

pikey2000

Ramsey is getting a bum deal at the moment, Wenger is playing him out of position, he is getting stick for poor performances which is killing his confidence even further so when he actually gets to play CM he is making mistakes.

I'm concerned for this match.

Even if we shore up the defence with a makeshift left back I just don't see us scoring with the current formation, our wide men are giving nothing (not their fault) Podolski isn't a winger and neither is Ramsey.

No Gervinho, No Ox to change things up either.

Will Wenger recognise this and adapt the formation to suit? :roll:

yuvken

Established Member
Re: UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | ITV

mavelous said:
yuvken said:
ArseneKnows-47 said:
Walcott-----------------Eisfeld-----------------Cazorla
Really?
Why not?
couldn't offer any less than ramsey.
Because he had one sub appearance in the CoC. And this is a deciding game in the CL.
And it's not in Ramsey's position anyway :roll: . Cazorla there, Podolski wide left, G raffe in front.

Do we know anything solid about Gibbs and Chez?

Mastadon

Established Member
Nah he's been equally poor in the CM/AM position enough with the excuses. He was given the CM/AM position and f**ked it up not the other way around. Don't blame Wenger for these guys not being good enough he puts his faith in them, trains them, builds them up, puts confidence in them, tells them they are/will be the best and they f**k him up with pathetic performances. Can't think of many other coaches who would indulge someone like Ramsey the way Wenger does.

Accomplished

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Nah he's been equally poor in the CM/AM position enough with the excuses. He was given the CM/AM position and f**ked it up not the other way around. Don't blame Wenger for these guys not being good enough he puts his faith in them, trains them, builds them up, puts confidence in them, tells them they are/will be the best and they f**k him up with pathetic performances. Can't think of many other coaches who would indulge someone like Ramsey the way Wenger does.

Ramsey is better than Cleverley. The difference is position and the surrounding players.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Ramsey is abysmal and I cry inside when I see him in the line-up.

In light of how crap we are, and in light of all our injuries, we should go:

Mannone

Jenkinson
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Sagna

Arteta

Cazorla
Coquelin
Wilshere

Walcott
Giroud

Or swap Arteta and Coquelin's positions. 4-1-3-2. We are abominable wide and have plenty of central creativity.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a feeling the line up will be the same as it was against Man Utd. Can't see Wenger changing anything to be honest.

Original_AAA

The_Playmaker said:
I have a feeling the line up will be the same as it was against Man Utd. Can't see Wenger changing anything to be honest.

Agreed. Not that he has that many options with Oxlade-Chamberlain (Hip), Gervinho (Ankle), Abou Diaby (Thigh), Kieran Gibbs (Thigh), Wojciech Szczesny (Ankle), Tomas Rosicky (Tendon) and Lukasz Fabianski (Ankle) all out. While the rumours has it that Gibbs and Szczesny might be fit for this, it's doubtful they will start.

In my mind the only real viable options from our current bench is Walcott, but until he signs "da thing" it is very unlikely he will start.

yuvken

Established Member
Ramsey wasn't even the point :lol: - it was Eisfeld for Cazorla. AFAIAC, Ramsey can sit this.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Re: UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | ITV

yuvken said:
Because he had one sub appearance in the CoC. And this is a deciding game in the CL.
And it's not in Ramsey's position anyway :roll: . Cazorla there, Podolski wide left, G raffe in front.

Do we know anything solid about Gibbs and Chez?

So Yuvken following our previous discussion are you still punting ^ that set up (the one were using) or have you been convinced that it just isn't going to work?

leo_ense

Established Member
Ramsey is out with a groin strain, and Gibbs/Szczesny who are both in full training haven't been selected for the trip.

---------------------Mannone---------------------
-Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Vermaelen-
-----------------Arteta---Wilshwre----------------
-Arshavin---------Cazorla--------Podolski----
----------------------Walcott-----------------------

Subs: Shea, Djourou, Santos, Giroud, Jenkinson, Coquelin, Chamakh.

I would be tempted to switch formations but I doubt Wenger is even going to make changes from the game at Old Trafford. Baby steps but it would be good for him to start players in form (Walcott), drop undeserving underperformers (Vermaelen, Santos) and give players with a touch of creative class (Arshavin) games,

pikey2000

I would tweak the above to:

---------------------Mannone---------------------
-Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Vermaelen-
-----------------Arteta---Coquelin----------------
-Walcott---------Wilshere--------Cazorla----
----------------------Podolski-----------------------

Want to see Podolski up top and actually having some shots on goal.

Instruct the defence to stay put with no rampaging forward.

Let the creativity of Jack/Cazorla/Arteta feed the runs of Walcott and Podolski

If we need to go for it later on replace Coquelin with Giroud and go two up, dropping Jack back alongside Arteta

perspolis

Ramsey is out due to an injury.

So it'll be TW, Poldi and Giroud up front.

Jack, Arteta, Cazrola in the middle.

I still don't see a win here... Schalke are a very good team... and with our attitude of walking onto the pitch and not taking the game seriously that's been prevalent in our team recently, I think we'd be lucky with a draw.

dreamLord

Established Member
Knowing Wenger's persistence with the same formation irrespective of the quality of the players, the line up with be the same as against United except Walcott to replace Ramsey.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
perspolis said:
Ramsey is out due to an injury.

So it'll be TW, Poldi and Giroud up front.

Jack, Arteta, Cazrola in the middle.

I still don't see a win here... Schalke are a very good team... and with our attitude of walking onto the pitch and not taking the game seriously that's been prevalent in our team recently, I think we'd be lucky with a draw.

Ok can we stop this "So it'll be TW, Poldi and Giroud up front" delusion, I want to shatter this myth right now.

Since when has being played wide been cast as "playing up front" we do not have 3 strikers (positionally) we have a LW a RW and a striker.

Yes 4-3-3 is kind of 3 up front but that's if you play like Barca and Spain, Arsenal are playing 4-5-1 at best 4-2-3-1 which is the same bloody thing.

Not having a go just pointing it out. :wink:

spartandre217

Established Member
dreamLord said:
Knowing Wenger's persistence with the same formation irrespective of the quality of the players, the line up with be the same as against United except Walcott to replace Ramsey.

And it will backfire miserably if that's what he decides to do.

Giroud

Established Member
Arteta, Wilshere, Arshavin and Cazorla in midfield with Giroud and Podolski up front.

Loken

Giroud said:
Arteta, Wilshere, Arshavin and Cazorla in midfield with Giroud and Podolski up front.

Don't be silly, that's way too smart and simple.

Wenger will play Ramsey on the right and utilise an injured Podolski on the flanks while Giroud will be left isolated up front.

Huzzah!

Hold up a minute... Ramsey is out injured?

WE HAVE A CHANCE!

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom