• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Schalke vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 6/11/12 | SS2

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

jay-d said:
Yes, lets blame Theo. :roll: The fact that the midfield was atrocious. Oh yes and he was off balance with the keeper at his toes and fortunate, but yes lets blame Theo.
Some people on here are so ****ing precious, did I blame Theo for the result? No. He missed a 1v1, I don't give a **** if the keeper was coming out, the best strikers finish them, he's not immune to criticism like many on here seem to think.

dreamLord

Established Member
infineon said:
honestly, i couldnt' give two cents about our CL performances, gotta get our league form sorted and think about CL in future seasons. don't see us being good enough to get very far in this comp this season.

Same. Like I said, we're not winning it anyway, just drop out and rest Cazorla and Wilshere so that they can get us 4th.

mr.mojo

and mert was awful, as usual. he gets by because he doesnt get rushes of blood to the head. we can find plenty of players to sit back and not charge things down like kos/verms. hes just too slow, immobile, is a poor passer both in range and tempo.

dyeruz

Established Member
infineon said:
honestly, i couldnt' give two cents about our CL performances, gotta get our league form sorted and think about CL in future seasons. don't see us being good enough to get very far in this comp this season.
We are absolutely not good enough going forward in this competition but still nice to qualify and go through, who knows in January Wenger might buy Isco and activate Yaya Toure's buy out clause and we might win the league! :)

dyeruz

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
infineon said:

agree with you i hope wenger start the same today line up against fulham if gibbs and Scezney are still not fit. i bloody hope gibbs back our defense has been bad with out him.
Wilshere is suspended buddy

perspolis

We have a poorer team year after year. And the trend will continue until we no longer qualify for the UCL. Every year we are setting all sorts of wrong records, first loss to Spuds, worst defeat to ManUre, first home defeat in the UCL... so on and so fort.

These are not random events. They happen because we let go of our star players and replace them with average ones.

What happens to average teams? They lack consistency. They can't come on top in big games.

infineon

Established Member

evoh_1

Established Member
Shame we couldn't play smart enough to get the 3 points but it keeps us in qualification. Though I can't see schalke dropping points at home to the greeks and montpellier will have nothing left for the other game so its second for us now most likely.

arsmile

Established Member
i think everyone except for vito was at least partly awful- that was mannone's best game for us- he was great.

But...i mean i dotn think sagna has improved on jenkinson's RB performances- we seem more vulnerable there recently- he was rubbish for their second.

Mert had an off day, kos diddnt do anything......and i was pleased to see vermaelen at LB..not cos i thought santos was a liability- but cos it got the bumbling belgian out of the heart of our defence- and he was still pathetic out there, he should not be in the 11 on merit.

arteta/wilshere/cazorla could not get a hold on the game....tgheo scored one good goal...but the only other time he touched a ball was to balls up a potential victory.

podolski, save for one cross, caarried on his lazy left wing anonymity...

and giroud hyas proper got the jips infront of goal...

i thought that was just as discouraging as anything else we have seen recently.

which of Arsène's relatives has arshavin killed exactly?....

i was going to put together what i'd do with our starting 11...but i cant actually come up with 11 players in the squad i dotn want to drop...

dreamLord

Established Member
The only positive from today was that we played a 4-3-3 instead of a 4-5-1. Generally Theo is the wing forward who is right up at their fullback, but today Podolski was high up the pitch too.

dyeruz

Established Member
halfvolley said:
I'm sure we'll go through anyway, we always do, but you hope to see something more than this ****.

Our defence keeps getting worse and worse, it's been on a slippery slope since the solidity from the first few games started to evaporate. We are now reduced to at least one comedy performer per game with a peppering of own goals to spice things up. Bould needs to go back to basics with this lot, we can't continue like this.

We are at times completely clueless in attack and people up front really need to start delivering now. Cazorla needs a holiday and Wilshere has been uncermemoniously dumped head first in the shark tank after being injured for over a year. Not cool, Wenger should obviously know better.

Absolutely no substitutions, even though the team is struggling majorly and some players look dead on their feet. What does that even mean?
I would have subbed Podolski but the problem is, and as much as people seem to have forgotten how Arshavin plays, putting him on would have not been an option, he falls to pieces under pressure, what other options on the bench?

halfvolley

I'm sure we'll go through anyway, we always do, but you hope to see something more than this ****.

Our defence keeps getting worse and worse, it's been on a slippery slope since the solidity from the first few games started to evaporate. We are now reduced to at least one comedy performer per game with a peppering of own goals to spice things up. Bould needs to go back to basics with this lot, we can't continue like this.

We are at times completely clueless in attack and people up front really need to start delivering now. Cazorla needs a holiday and Wilshere has been uncermemoniously dumped head first in the shark tank after being injured for over a year. Not cool, Wenger should obviously know better.

Absolutely no substitutions, even though the team is struggling majorly and some players look dead on their feet. What does that even mean?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
infineon said:

agree with you i hope wenger start the same today line up against fulham if gibbs and Scezney are still not fit. i bloody hope gibbs back our defense has been bad with out him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
dyeruz said:
yousif_arsenal said:
infineon said:

Wilshere is suspended buddy

totally forget about wilshere so ramsey will start against fulham. f**k.

Stillmatic

yousif_arsenal said:
Sorry about it i pull my anger all on theo i was wanting from us to win the game at the end but theo not shoot the ball well.

Forgiven, he missed that one because it was shot where you had to use your left foot really. He didn't feel comfortable with doing that so tried to shoot with his right.

People should be glad that Walcott is getting these chances to score, when we played Schalke at home we could hardly even muster a shot on target.

dyeruz

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
dyeruz said:
infineon said:
We are absolutely not good enough going forward in this competition but still nice to qualify and go through, who knows in January Wenger might buy Isco and activate Yaya Toure's buy out clause and we might win the league! :)
Huh?
:D

MaestroCesc

arsmile said:
i think everyone except for vito was at least partly awful- that was mannone's best game for us- he was great.

But...i mean i dotn think sagna has improved on jenkinson's RB performances- we seem more vulnerable there recently- he was rubbish for their second.

Mert had an off day, kos diddnt do anything......and i was pleased to see vermaelen at LB..not cause i thought santos was a liability- but cause it got the bumbling belgian out of the heart of our defence- and he was still pathetic out there, he should not be in the 11 on merit.

arteta/wilshere/cazorla could not get a hold on the game....tgheo scored one good goal...but the only other time he touched a ball was to balls up a potential victory.

podolski, save for one cross, caarried on his lazy left wing anonymity...

and giroud hyas proper got the jips infront of goal...

i thought that was just as discouraging as anything else we have seen recently.

which of Arsène's relatives has arshavin killed exactly?....

i was going to put together what i'd do with our starting 11...but i cant actually come up with 11 players in the squad i dotn want to drop...
How is Jenko the same level as Sagna? Bac had about the only decent performance. He won every ball in the air and had Affellay in his pocket down that wing. Dont see where you got he was rubbish for second?

Sagna is a better defender, better in the air and better going forward=better

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
dyeruz said:
infineon said:
Huh?

DiamondGooner

Established Member
No tactical changes by Wenger .... and boy did it show.

We are officially under dogs to Schalke, when's the last time you heard that?

Wenger has taken a handful of talented players and made them average, mainly and some fanboys will disagree but I believe it's because the team have no outlet but to hopelessly punt the ball up top, this is demoralising the players as they are just hitting a brick wall.

And yes I hate having Giroud up front on his own, it looks crap, we play crap, the link up with midfield is atrocious, almost like a watered down version of how England play when Peter Crouch plays up front.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom